Statue Aragorn Maquette - Link in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my replacement head and hood have been shipped, that was quick and easy. nice.

Congrats Allen :clap,

Yes SS are so good with their customer service by all accounts. :clap

Strange they asked you to return the head and hood and didn't just ask you to smash them :dunno, well at least it won't cost you. :yess:

We are in good hands :clap

:duff
Bill

Exclusive #539 just arrived with no issues. I haven't had much time to really appreciate it yet, but it is amazing. I think both head sculpts are great, but right now I think I prefer the hooded version. :rock

Looking forward to hearing more, when you get a chance to have a really good look at it Mike :stick :).

Welcome to the maquette club mate. :hi5:

Bill

Strange they asked you to return the head and hood and didn't just ask you to smash them :dunno, well at least it won't cost you. :yess:

Bill

Yea that is strange. I had a chipped exclusive head and they just told me to smash the chipped one and send pictures. Maybe because he was returning both heads?

Looking forward to hearing more, when you get a chance to have a really good look at it Mike :stick :).

Welcome to the maquette club mate. :hi5:

Bill

Not much else to say other than what's already been said. IMO this is the best representation of Aragorn to date. :rock

And Thanks Bill, I'm happy to be a member!:duff

The Aragorn maquette turned out great, easily as good as I had hoped. Mine will be waiting for me back in the states this summer and I can hardly wait to see him with my own eyes! :aragorn

I just pray I don't find any chips or other flaws, though, 'cause by then it'll be too late to replace anything.

I'm mainly committed to the PF line, but Gimli is another maquette I won't be able to pass up. Especially since we never got a 12" Gimli to go with the still incomplete Fellowship! :gimli

Bill

thanks Bill. Hopefully, the paint on the eyes is as good as the one I have to send back. Crossing my fingers.

Aragorn finally arrived last week, and I love this piece. Now waiting for Gandalf, Legolas, and the pre-order on Gimli. Happy collecting.

Here's a few pics of mine:

IMG_1427.jpg

IMG_1426.jpg

IMG_1425.jpg

Nice shots indeed!

How can anyone actually call this piece subpar or day it doesn't have a soul is beyond me. When I see this piece I get the same warm feeling that I do with any LOTR piece.

Nice shots indeed!

How can anyone actually call this piece subpar or day it doesn't have a soul is beyond me. When I see this piece I get the same warm feeling that I do with any LOTR piece.

I think what the fans of SSW pieces are talking about is nostalgia, Josh...and I am sure given time the NEW SS maquette line will have a similar NOSTALGIA feel to them too. There is not doubt IMHO, the maquette line has all the intrinsic nature and soul of the character the SSW ones do. There just needs to be some time add to the mix.

Bill

Oh I understand that. I still have a few of mine and I love having them and they bring a big smile to my face. Knowing that the folks at Weta worked on them is special but I do feel something special with SS stuff because its from films that truly mean something to me.

Just contacted Sideshow about seeking a replacement body for my Aragorn Exclusive. I sent sideshow 2 images of 2 damages on the body of my Aragorn. The first being a scratch on his right foot and the second being a dent, crack on the right of his coat...which sideshow are claiming to be in all the statues.

So i wanted to ask if you guys have the same ''dent/crack" as I do, and it is indeed as sideshow says...in all the statues. Below is some images to compare

just looked over mine and it is there as well. Very small, but if you look very close, it appears to be sculpted in. Curious what others have to say about this.

Just contacted Sideshow about seeking a replacement body for my Aragorn Exclusive. I sent sideshow 2 images of 2 damages on the body of my Aragorn. The first being a scratch on his right foot and the second being a dent, crack on the right of his coat...which sideshow are claiming to be in all the statues.

So i wanted to ask if you guys have the same ''dent/crack" as I do, and it is indeed as sideshow says...in all the statues. Below is some images to compare

Mine is the same on the coat, that's a part of the sculpt.

just looked over mine and it is there as well. Very small, but if you look very close, it appears to be sculpted in. Curious what others have to say about this.

cheers for the reply...yeah I am pretty curious about this to...cause it pretty much seems like a crack to me :gah:

Just checked an mine has that indentation as well. As far as "sculpted in," I'm just not sure. I'm not a polystone god and don't even know that much about the production process, but is is at all possible that this is an area where two parts of the final piece are melded together. I know earlier, woodsy I think, mentioned that this Aragorn seems to be about seven or eight separate elements. What is the process of putting them together? This "cut" seems to rest exactly where the cloak starts to flare out and would perhaps be a separately forged piece of poly...

Just my 2 cents... :D

I had to take a hammer to one for a replacement I received. I do not believe this is a "seam" as where two parts come together. When smashing mine, the cape was two parts (outer & inner), the legs (2), arms (2) and then the torso - that counts 7 parts.

Could it be just from the molding process?

Back