Statue Aragorn Maquette - Link in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine today, #39 (which is funny because I canceled then wait-listed on January 20)

I love this piece, BUT, I need a replacement. My exclusive head, the nose has a scuff on one side, almost a chip and the exclusive hood has a chip on it.

Bummer as the eyes were perfect.

I love the base, and what a great piece.

Looking forward to a mint one and Gandalf the Grey up next.

Keep these pieces coming Sideshow, what a great line!

:clap

Got mine today, #39 (which is funny because I canceled then wait-listed on January 20)

I love this piece, BUT, I need a replacement. My exclusive head, the nose has a scuff on one side, almost a chip and the exclusive hood has a chip on it.

That's a shame Allan. Are you going to get SS to replace the entire statue, or just the two headsculpts?

my hooded head has the same thing, big chip on his nose.
I have already requested a replacement, but no reply as yet. :panic:

Holy lamb of divine J...s!,
just got and opened mine...I'm like a kid on Christmas morning. :blissy :blissy :blissy

Got that excited little giggle when I first opened the box and lay my eyes on this truly superb piece :clap.
I couldn't be happier...I love everything about this one :love.
I agree with every positive comment made about this piece :yess: and disagree with every negative one :(.
I was really worried about getting the SS wandering eye :(,
but everything is just fine :blissy

:duff
Bill

Last edited:
So who's getting high off the wonderful smell of polystone? Brings back memories of the old Weta days.

Congrats to those who've received him.

Congrats Bill!! :rock

So who's getting high off the wonderful smell of polystone? Brings back memories of the old Weta days.

Congrats to those who've received him.

Ya know I didn't really notice a smell but it was really nice getting a lotr statue again.

Holy lamb of divine J...s!,
just got and opened mine...I'm like a kid on Christmas morning. :blissy :blissy :blissy

Got that excited little giggle when I first opened the box and lay my eyes on this truly superb piece :clap.
I couldn't be happier...I love everything about this one :love.
I agree with every positive comment made about this piece :yess: and disagree with every negative one :(.
I was really worried about getting the SS wandering eye
but everything is just fine

Bill

Congrats on your Aragorn Bill!, I'm glad you're happy with it. :)

Last edited:
Well mine arrived yesterday. The eyes on mine seemed to have escaped the wonkines.

Overall I'm going to have to say this is now my favorite peice in my collection. They did a fantastic job on this one!

Thanks! I see what you mean now. UGH! As much as I love my PF, I would've really loved this one! :(

attachment.php
7159_press01-001.jpg

Sorry to bring this up again but I just have to say this...I think the things that gets to me the most about the difference from the prototype and the production piece is the change of the under shirt color. The prototype piece has the correct dark blue color but the production piece colour, for some odd reason, is dark grey/brown!!!!

It really gets to me cause this is not film accurate at all to the scene at Amon-Hen :gah: its these little things that can really make a piece all the more amazing.

But overall this is one of my favorite PF's :) ... man but the shirt not being blue gets to me!!! why sideshow why?!

regarding the likeness I think its still pretty awesome!!

Sorry to bring this up again but I just have to say this...I think the things that gets to me the most about the difference from the prototype and the production piece is the change of the under shirt color. The prototype piece has the correct dark blue color but the production piece colour, for some odd reason, is dark grey/brown!!!!
It really gets to me cause this is not film accurate at all to the scene at Amon-Hen :gah: its these little things that can really make a piece all the more amazing.

But overall this is one of my favorite PF's :) ... man but the shirt not being blue gets to me!!! why sideshow why?!

Mine has the bluish coloured shirt of the prototype...probably why I've never given it a 2nd thought. :dunno

I though the same about the shirt and cape colour when I got him first...it's not such an issue for me now, so many years later.

But the one thing I could not get over was the likeness.
The prototype for me was the best likeness I had ever seen.
It broke my heat when I saw the production version.
So much so, I had to have a go at changing the eyes.
I didn't manage to get them to match the prototype, but they will do.

Aragorn_3-4_R_Port.jpg

Aragorn_3-4_L_Port.jpg

Aragorn_full_side.jpg

Aragorn_full.jpg

Aragonr_full_front.jpg

As I said not perfect, but a little better.

Bill

I though the same about the shirt and cape colour when I got him first...it's not such an issue for me now, so many years later.

Aragorn_3-4_R_Port.jpg

Aragorn_3-4_L_Port.jpg

Aragorn_full_side.jpg

Aragorn_full.jpg

Aragonr_full_front.jpg

Bill

wow bill...that REALLY improves the piece!! good job :clap yeah def one of my other complaints is the "crazy/red'' eyes...ahh the little things :monkey2 ... I think the only LOTR PF I have that I honestly have no complaints about is the Gandalf The Grey PF...such a brilliant PF!! def the best actor face sculpt!

Aragorn_full.jpg

Bill

WOW Bill.Congrats on the mod of the eyes.It looks truly better now and improves the likeness quite a bit! :clap

The simple,flat painting of the PF's face makes the paintjob on the face of the 1/6 maquette even more striking.Hopefully they can hold the same level of quality painting on their next maquettes.
Congrats to everyone on receiving this beautie.It is really a fantastic start of the maquette line...:)

wow bill...that REALLY improves the piece!! good job :clap yeah def one of my other complaints is the "crazy/red'' eyes...ahh the little things :monkey2 ... I think the only LOTR PF I have that I honestly have no complaints about is the Gandalf The Grey PF...such a brilliant PF!! def the best actor face sculpt!

Thanks aragorn5391, yeah the GTG PF in one of my faves too.

hey bill, how did you add that weathering on the boots? looks brilliant!

Just a bit dry brushing mate.

WOW Bill.Congrats on the mod of the eyes.It looks truly better now and improves the likeness quite a bit! :clap

Thanks nucleoblast, I appreciate your kind comments.

Bill

Back