Statue Aragorn Maquette - Link in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to take a hammer to one for a replacement I received. I do not believe this is a "seam" as where two parts come together. When smashing mine, the cape was two parts (outer & inner), the legs (2), arms (2) and then the torso - that counts 7 parts.

Could it be just from the molding process?

I'd cry if I had to do that to Viggo! :monkey2

I'd cry if I had to do that to Viggo! :monkey2

Yep, I know exactly what you mean Ween, I would too :monkey2

I think I would be happier to send it back to SS than to smash it.

On the issues of the crack...I have it on mine too. It looks to me that it is just part of the sculpt to be honest aragorn5391. Can't say I have too much of a problem with it.

:duff
Bill

That's it, my statue is now worthless, i will be throwing it in the bin at my earliest convenience! :)

It's actually in the first video SS released of the maquettes as they were being assembled, before they were painted. So, it IS meant to be there.

Last edited:
Here's two pics of how the maquette looks in my collection. I think the base is a tad too high to mix with the SSW statues. Which I think is really unfortunate. It would've been nice if the maquettes were able to blend in nicely. On the other hand, I can understand Sideshow wanting to set this line apart from the old SSW line.

Sorry for the bad lighting.

I love the bases on the maquette line--gives just a bit more context and mood. Also feels more substantial.

Of course, I also like it when things match and display well together. But I do prefer the approach they took with the maquette bases.

Still on the fence on buying this one.

I really want to buy the exclusive version but I got the impression that there was a larger amount of damaged statues (chips and wonky eyes) than usual.

As I live in Europe, getting a replacement of any kind is always a hassle.

What about the paint applications? I have been looking a almost all the in hand pics but am still not completely convinced.

Is this truly the Aragorn grail piece?

So please convince me to buy this one, fellas.

I don't think there is any kind of high issues with the paint. Actually, seems to be almost nil on the paint issues. This is a great pice! I've had basically all of them I think and to me this is the very best of them all.

Buy it ;)

I really want to buy the exclusive version but I got the impression that there was a larger amount of damaged statues (chips and wonky eyes) than usual.

There isn't, no more than usual, and the eye thing is just a case of photos being TOO close to the subject.

What about the paint applications? I have been looking a almost all the in hand pics but am still not completely convinced.

Paint apps are perfect, trust me. I'm in europe too but had no reason to send back!

Yes :)

Hope i've helped! :hi5:

As I live in Europe, getting a replacement of any kind is always a hassle.

I was waaaaaay more impressed with it when I got it in hand. Do I wish the paint apps were as perfect as the promo? Of course, but it's still a wonderful piece.

Here's a few pics of mine:

IMG_1427.jpg

IMG_1426.jpg

IMG_1425.jpg

very nice pics! it's such a beautiful piece with some very nice paint. if I collected statues this would of definitely have been bought.

That photo is great especially when you look at the background and how it fits the piece. I was grabbing something in my room a second ago and and stopped to just stare at this piece.

Ok, guys I just officially pulled the trigger on this piece finally.

You convinced me to buy this.

Also, the pictures of Gimli pushed me over the edge.

I will be preordering him tomorrow too.

After that I will get Boromir.

Hopefully he won't be up for preorder this year or I may have to rob a bank. :panic:

Congrats on Aragorn. He really is a great piece. The detail, sculpt, and paint are all top notch. I'm sure Gimli will be as well.

Boromir hopefully will be up say around Comic-Con and then probably won't ship until the end of the year.

You think so? Olorins pics look good, but i compared the SSW Aragorn with the maquette and the SSW statue looked smaller, even though they're both 1/6.

Did you remove the two from their bases when making the comparison? And have you factored in that the SSW Aragorn is crouching slightly?

Did you remove the two from their bases when making the comparison? And have you factored in that the SSW Aragorn is crouching slightly?

I have Collin, at it does seem that the Maquette is a little bigger to me.

I don't have a problem with that however as I intent to have the full Fellowship in the SS Maquette & PF and SSW Statue lines.

I'll see if I can take a pic of them for you guys...if you like?

Bill

I have Collin, at it does seem that the Maquette is a little bigger to me.

I don't have a problem with that however as I intent to have the full Fellowship in the SS Maquette & PF and SSW Statue lines.

I'll see if I can take a pic of them for you guys...if you like?

Bill

That would be great Bill. :clap

Back