Statue Aragorn Maquette - Link in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Aragorn Maquette Teaser

Doesn't it?

Thus far, 2010 has been the year of Marvel for Sideshow. Three comiquettes and a dio announced/pre-ordered in the last month alone, not to mention the numerous comiquettes and PFs announced/pre-ordered earlier in the year. It sad that when we finally get some LOTR news, the LOTR board is essentially dead because of the lack of news to begin with...

Come back LOTR posters!!!!

Very impressive! Its not something we've really seen done with Aragorn outside of the original SSW statue. So its nice to see some more of this characters time as a ranger. I will make sure to buy this. :rock

I'll wait until we see the painted face. If it looks like Viggo (at least as much as the PF), I'll consider adding it to my collection. If it looks way different than the PF (which I have and REALLY like), I feel it would throw off my display (if it looks radically different, it would be like it wasn't even the same character).

What I'll most likely end up doing with this line is getting the characters that are less likely to be done in PF form. It would be perfect for things like a High Elven Warrior, Numenorian soldier, Rohan soldier, various orcs, etc. If the Arwen, Gimli and Legolas maquettes turn out great, I'll probably get those as well.

SO awesome to finally have something LOTR to read about!!:hi5:

Finally, a 1/6 scale Aragorn I can add to my collection! :clap Aragorn wearing a hood certainly wasn't included in the conceptual art or the originally posted prototype......I wonder if there's going to be an excl version?

Aragorn.jpg

capturadepantalla201002f.png

capturadepantalla201002x.png

Looking good, the 1/6 scale maquette line seems to be coming along nicely.

I like the hood up version better. Looks more mysterious. The hoodless version looks to calm. The paint application may change my mind.
Looks great so far and I can't wait to see more.

I was thinking that myself, Woodsy. I remembered that pic of the non-hooded Strider.

If there are switch out heads for the exclusive version, I wonder if there is a way to remove the hood of the cloak that lays on his shoulders (illustrated by the second proto pic).

Think this will help the WETA line increase its value?

I told myself when this line was first announced that I couldn't afford to get into another line. I have all but two of the LOTR PFs released (no Frodo or Galadriel) and only three of the LOTR Dios, so by no means am I a completist. But with how awesome Strider looks right now, I am comtemplating moving all my SSW pieces so I can try to get as many of these Sideshow maquettes as possible.

Of course, with the rate SS is producing LOTR products, this maquette line wll end after only a few pieces.

Last edited:

Think this will help the WETA line increase its value?

If anything, I suspect the opposite will happen...esp. if SS nails the likenesses. :lecture

I was thinking that myself, Woodsy. I remembered that pic of the non-hooded Strider.

If there are switch out heads for the exclusive version, I wonder if there is a way to remove the hood of the cloak that lays on his shoulders (illustrated by the second proto pic).

I was wondering about that myself. Perhaps the hood [lying flat on the shoulders] will be attached to the hoodless head somehow.

I won't be able to afford this one, but it looks fantastic. Glad to see LotR getting love again.

Back