Statue Aragorn Maquette - Link in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have Collin, at it does seem that the Maquette is a little bigger to me.

I don't have a problem with that however as I intent to have the full Fellowship in the SS Maquette & PF and SSW Statue lines.

I'll see if I can take a pic of them for you guys...if you like?

:duff
Bill

What he said!!

Except i'm not going to get the fellowship in both mauette and SSW. I think i'll just use the maquette line to add to my current collection, as Josh said. So anything they release that i haven't already got, i'll buy, and anything they do better than SSW, i'll buy, hence getting Strider and Legolas.

Which is fine because it shows SS that this line has the support it needs and deserves to keep going. :rock

That would be great Bill. :clap

What he said!!

There you go guys...sorry about the quality...I think it does the trick though.

Not a whole lot in it...the maquette looks a tad bigger to me (taking into account the crouching pose of the SSW version).

SSWSSAragorn-StriderHeight.jpg

SSWSSAragorn-StriderHeight2.jpg

Bill

There you go guys...sorry about the quality...I think it does the trick though.

Not a whole lot in it...the maquette looks a tad bigger to me (taking into account the crouching pose of the SSW version).

SSWSSAragorn-StriderHeight.jpg

SSWSSAragorn-StriderHeight2.jpg

Bill

Thanks Bill. Personlly I think I would have taken a back to back shot of the SSW Aragorn and the excl. Aragorn maquette as that hood is going to add some height to the overall appearance. That said, with Aragorn crouching it is hard to accurately determine his actual height, but they do look similar to me with the SS version perhaps slightly larger. :dunno

Based on you photo's it looks like you too were cursed with the "milky eyed" SSW Aragorn. :wink1: :lol

I do think even standing up the as piece is a bit bigger. Not that it's a big deal (no pun intended).

So you can see the concerns about the new line fitting in scale wise with the old?

Personally, that is something that doesn't bother me in the least. The significant difference in the SS bases as opposed to the old SSW bases does more to distinguish the two lines than any slight height difference ever will. I can only speak for myself, but to me it simply doesn't matter...I own the SSW and SS pieces I love and I don't own the one's I don't, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. :dunno

I can't see why it wouldn't bother someone who is solely a statue collector. If you want the fellowship together and in scale, that's not asking too much is it?
It's like if you only collect PF's - would you be happy that some members of the fellowship are bigger than others?
You can get away with some things - no-one expects creatures like trolls, balrogs, Mumakil, the Watcher etc to be in scale, but you'd expect human characters to be.

got my replacement Aragorn exclusive head and hood today, and they are perfect. Thank-you SS.

Great customer service.

Now, just waiting for Gandalf the Grey. :rock

I can't see why it wouldn't bother someone who is solely a statue collector. If you want the fellowship together and in scale, that's not asking too much is it?
It's like if you only collect PF's - would you be happy that some members of the fellowship are bigger than others?
You can get away with some things - no-one expects creatures like trolls, balrogs, Mumakil, the Watcher etc to be in scale, but you'd expect human characters to be.

I doesn't bother me because even though both the SSW and SS lines are 1/6 scale they are still distinctly different lines. Sure you can display the two lines together, or supplement the SSW line with the occasional maquette for characters missing from the original SSW line, but at the end of the day the SS maquettes are meant, and designed, to go with other maquettes. Just as the original SSW statues were meant, and designed to go with other SSW statues.

Would I prefer the SSW Aragorn and the SS version to be the same size...sure I would. But the slight difference in size is not even noticeable when the two are placed on their appropriate bases. And do we even know which one is more accurate? I'm not saying Weta messed up here, but for arguement sake lets say they did. Would you then expect SS to deliberately make their version smaller just so that it conformed with the SSW version?

Last edited:
I remember getting an express e-mail from Sideshow in late '08 that said during an inventory of their warehouse, Sideshow found either one or two SSW Aragorns. I responded as soon as I receive the e-mail, but wasn't fast enough.

Boy, was I disappointed. I saved that e-mail and still have it, and whenever I check my e-mail archive, I'm like "damn, if only I was a little faster".

Suffice it to say, I'm no longer disappointed that I missed out the SSW Aragorn.

Back