Statue Aragorn Maquette - Link in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sold my Aragorn as well, and selling off my Gandalf. I'll miss the line a bit, but I am focusing the collection on the DC P.F. line from SS from here on out (focus on Batman). Back to my first love growing up (comic books, which I am collecting again as well, with my son).

It's just too much for me to keep up / afford. Not to mention not enough room. Plus, with The Hobbit coming, I'm probably better off (so much stuff gonna be coming out). :)

I'll enjoy this line through you guys (my fellow collectors).

myword.gif

Uh oh...

:date

To be fair, it does take a lot of scratch to collect even two eFX helmets, DW does have a wife, and DW does bleed the Wars...

Its all good. I'm just stating from my POV thats all. Plus it makes me a bit nervous with the fact everything got pushed back to the start of next year, and now we see people dropping the line. Its healthy from everything I gathered at comic-con but still get nervous.

Oh, yeah. I totally get that and have been having the exact same feelings. I'm nowhere near the Ringer you are, but was really anticipating every release in this line. I'm not feeling a bit inclined to drop the line, especially with Gandalf downstairs by the TV looking superb every day. But the delay does give me opportunity to get the wandering eye, and likely led me to the purchase of the Jason PF and preorder of Vampirella PF. And after I have emphatically stated that this maquette line would be my primary focus. Now September funds previously earmarked for Legolas have gone to Jason, and I'm getting swamped with orders in Quarter one of 2012. I'm going to have to really debate Arwen, although...

Who am I kidding. I can't resist her. :lol

Yeah, Q1 is getting heavy but I do expect to see some pushing back of items like Boromir and the Snow Troll. Plus I think Arwen will be a Q2/3 release next year.

True. Just nervous about my wandering eye, and all this Horror PF nonsense I've got going on now.

I want to see baddies in this line though. Oh, and Hobbits!

And of course Tom Bombadil. ;)

True. Just nervous about my wandering eye, and all this Horror PF nonsense I've got going on now.

I want to see baddies in this line though. Oh, and Hobbits!

And of course Tom Bombadil. ;)

I hear that. I will say I feel I'm better about not getting as much. :lol SW is just clones and with Marvel its just whatever HT does that I like. GI Joe I've gotten every figure but thats a line because the pace has allowed me to do so. Though, I admit I would drop them all for the most part to just get the LOTR pieces and any The Hobbit pieces.

Yes, I want to see some baddies a full preview of the Witch King maquette. The Hobbits coming soon would be totally awesome and I think really make lots of folks happy.

I hear they're going to make him in the year 2000. :lol

Sold my Aragorn as well, and selling off my Gandalf. I'll miss the line a bit, but I am focusing the collection on the DC P.F. line from SS from here on out (focus on Batman). Back to my first love growing up (comic books, which I am collecting again as well, with my son).

It's just too much for me to keep up / afford. Not to mention not enough room. Plus, with The Hobbit coming, I'm probably better off (so much stuff gonna be coming out). :)

I'll enjoy this line through you guys (my fellow collectors).

Hmmmmmm. Aragorn?:aragorn....and Gandalf?:gandalf. Interesting! Curios!

heres my contribution to this thread. sorry for the poor quality. acquired this through a very reliable board member here. want to give a shoutout to him. he knows who he is. thanks!!!

photo.jpg

2-1.jpg

Now I dont know if well ever have another statue of viggo out there as accurate as this. hands down to whoever sculpted this. best likeness so far :bow

1-1.jpg

Heres my custom base to match gandalfs height.

7.jpg

6.jpg

Short question:

I have the exclusive version. Unfortunately there is a small paint issue.
There's a spot on Aragorns clothing near his hand which is painted in skin color. So a friend of mine got the regular version with flawless paint job. Would it be possible to swap the bodies or is there a difference between the reg and ex version apart from the extra head and hood? He wouldn't mind and my Aragorn got a pretty small number so would be cool having a perfect statue. Thanks!

Short question:

I have the exclusive version. Unfortunately there is a small paint issue.
There's a spot on Aragorns clothing near his hand which is painted in skin color. So a friend of mine got the regular version with flawless paint job. Would it be possible to swap the bodies or is there a difference between the reg and ex version apart from the extra head and hood? He wouldn't mind and my Aragorn got a pretty small number so would be cool having a perfect statue. Thanks!

only thing different is the headsculpt to my knowledge. The bodies are identical.

I got exclusive Aragorn a few weeks ago. My favorite maquette so far. That will change when Boromir comes out though.

I wonder if the reg has the magnet in it to hold the ex hood on. I think there`s a magnet rightÉ

Back