Statue Aragorn Maquette - Link in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Short question:

I have the exclusive version. Unfortunately there is a small paint issue.
There's a spot on Aragorns clothing near his hand which is painted in skin color. So a friend of mine got the regular version with flawless paint job. Would it be possible to swap the bodies or is there a difference between the reg and ex version apart from the extra head and hood? He wouldn't mind and my Aragorn got a pretty small number so would be cool having a perfect statue. Thanks!

I wonder if the reg has the magnet in it to hold the ex hood on. I think there`s a magnet rightÉ

Sorry but the Reg version has the hooded head fixed to the body, as far as I know...so the reg body won't be any good to you Boromir.

It should be easy enough to retouch out the flesh colored paint on your Aragorn Exclusive body though.

Best of luck!

:duff
Bill

Allright, thanks for the infos. Is it the same with Legolas and GtG?
Can't imagine they're packed with the bow/staff attached to the statue.

Yeah, it would but I just assumed the head was casted with the body. I only order the Ex so I was totally guess but interesting to learn something new.

On most of my Regs that have an EX switch out head, the head is glued on. M. Hydra is the latest example of this.

I started late on this line as i have the rest, it seems like the value has skyrocket on the ebay,hmm $700...:slap
Is there anymore alternate source for an aragorn EX without having to bleed that much.
Cheers

I started late on this line as i have the rest, it seems like the value has skyrocket on the ebay,hmm $700...:slap
Is there anymore alternate source for an aragorn EX without having to bleed that much.
Cheers

Looks like an EX sold in December for $365, but I wouldn't expect that $700 one to sell any time soon.

Cheers

lol just because it's listed for $10000 doesnt mean it's worth that much. Look at ebay and for sale thread, it's full of dreamers. The aragorn ex is around 300-400, ebay does take 10% fee though so can probably get it a bit cheaper if you have patience for someone to sell here. Dino*** was selling the legolas ex at cost just last week, not sure if he sold it.

One thing i learned is not to overpay too much on the hype pieces i miss out, because they seem to come in waves. Like the vader diplomatic mission it was going for $400+ and none has it, then all of sudden you got 5 for sale in a row, went as low as $250. Same with ss optimus prime, went as high as $2000 for reg. I got in at $1700 now it's back down to $1400. Love the piece though.

Yes,i agree with you.thanks
I guess just gnna wait for the right price. The most i paid was for GG babydoll(US500) when it first released i guess the price is pretty much the same.
Cheers

Yes,i agree with you.thanks
I guess just gnna wait for the right price. The most i paid was for GG babydoll(US500) when it first released i guess the price is pretty much the same.
Cheers

I am in the same boat. I didn't know about this line until Aragorn sold out and didn't start ordering until Gandalf sold out :slap

Back