Statue Boromir Maquette...Links to buy and waitlist in 1st post !!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Boromir Maquette

Yeah, this line would be the only one if I only collected one. Its gonna be nice bringing a bit more LOTR balance back to my collection.

Same here, this is the only line I'm collecting going forward.

Although, depending on how well the RWoS p.f. comes out (and price), I may get that and then go back and get the Gandalf the Grey p.f. for a "center piece" (good and evil).

Can't wait to see how Boromir Turns out
:)

I think alot of us feel that way. He's the only character we've yet to see a sneak peek of....hopefully that'll change soon.

at least if they make boromir in gondor armour you could use the 12" faramir to make a separate display

What do you think is the ETA of Boromir?

Will we see him before or during ComicCon?

Guess next up will be Arwen and than Boromir during Comic Con.

Will this be a 4th quarter or 1st Quarter 2012 release?

I wonder how much SS will charge for him - more than $250?

I would think we see Boromir and Arwen at SDCC, and probably preorder one of them to ship in Q1 2012. I would hope we get to see a preorder for one of the rumored "big" premium formats for LOTR too, as well as a few sneak peeks of what might be coming down the pipeline for both of these lines. As cool as it is to preorder new items, I know I can only afford so many per year, but the sneak peeks and teases really keep me excited to see what else is in the works for the foreseeable future!

What do you think is the ETA of Boromir?

Will we see him before or during ComicCon?

Guess next up will be Arwen and than Boromir during Comic Con.

Will this be a 4th quarter or 1st Quarter 2012 release?

I wonder how much SS will charge for him - more than $250?

I believe we will see Boromir during SDCC or during the lead-up to SDCC much in the same way the Gandalf pre-order occurred. I also think we will see Arwen sometime between now and July. As for when these will be released is anyone's guess. Again, as to the cost it is anyone's guess though I believe something in the $250 range seems more than likely.

Yeah, Boromir would be a good guess for SDCC and Arwen between then. I think price wise Boromir would be $250 and Arwen $235 since she looks pretty simple piece wise.

Boromir seems to have the most elaborate and hefty base with that wall behind him and that banner.

So we might see $260 to $280.

But I really hope for $250 as anything above it would bring these statues to close to the Premium Formats.

Any clue who might be the sculptor for Boromir?

Trevor did two, Jeff Yagher (?) one and Tim Miller one, so I would guess it might be Yagher as Miller is really good with women and Arwen might be from him.

Last edited:

Yeah, Boromir would be a good guess for SDCC and Arwen between then. I think price wise Boromir would be $250 and Arwen $235 since she looks pretty simple piece wise.

Yeah, I would think those cost estimates will be fairly accurate. I still don't believe Boromir will feature an excl. [the only maquette so far], but it does include the largest base to date with the large chuck of Osgiliath wall acting as a backdrop so i can definitely see it being a bit pricier than the maquette average.

Right, I don't think he'll have an exclusive either with the only option being changing out his sword arm. It could also be more expensive because it comes with a larger chunk of wall. I wouldn't think any more than $275.

There will be an exclusive...perhaps much like Gimli a slain orc or something lying at or under his feet.

I'm really hoping for a piece with no exclusive, and Boromir may be the right one. Still have a $50 balance with BBTS, for over a year now and nothing to blow it on...

There will be an exclusive...perhaps much like Gimli a slain orc or something lying at or under his feet.

Thats why I think the arm is the exclusive of choice for this statue. Something simple and gives a reason to do an exclusive.

I'm really hoping for a piece with no exclusive, and Boromir may be the right one. Still have a $50 balance with BBTS, for over a year now and nothing to blow it on...

Since this is the only maquette to date where SS has given no indication of an excl. I believe you are safe on this one. :)

Boromir seems to have the most elaborate and hefty base with that wall behind him and that banner.

So we might see $260 to $280.

But I really hope for $250 as anything above it would bring these statues to close to the Premium Formats.

Any clue who might be the sculptor for Boromir?

Trevor did two, Jeff Yagher (?) one and Tim Miller one, so I would guess it might be Yagher as Miller is really good with women and Arwen might be from him.

Trevor sculpted Aragorn and Legolas, Jeff Yagher sculpted Gandalf, and Tim Miller sculpted Gimli. I have no idea who sculpted Boromir or Arwen, but I do know Trevor did make some adjustments to the Arwen portrait.

Back