Statue Boromir Maquette...Links to buy and waitlist in 1st post !!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Boromir Maquette

Not necessarily. Sideshow showed a completed Arwen first, but then made Gimli available for pre-order.

Last edited:

I bet she pre-orders before SDCC and we see FULL Boromir and Arwen at SDCC!

I don't know. That would be two preorders in the next short bit. We're only 56 days out from the event and less than that for SS online event. Boromir is a high chance.

I bet she pre-orders before SDCC and we see FULL Boromir and Arwen at SDCC!

Yeah, I would agree with you there Geb.

If Boromir is on show at the Con, would that mean he'll be up for pre-order before the Con?

SDCC bring it on!

:duff
Bill

Last edited:

I could see a pre-order soon for Arwen and then Boromir to debut at Comic-Con. I don't know that the time of their debut would have too much of an effect on their shipping schedules. These two, in whatever order, would likely be for Q1 and Q2 of next year though right?

That would have six statues out in 18 months, and more than half of the Fellowship by mid-year. :hi5:I'd love to see some additional focus on more heroic or good characters for a while in the maquette line too, as it seems that the Premium Format line will have evil characters pretty well covered through 2012!

Yeah, the next one up will be first part of 2012. Legolas is now August and Gimli I think is probably gonna be later this year as well. So there's no way either of these two (Arwen or Boromir) make it in 2011.

I am more than fine with any new pre-orders moving into next year! The current rate for the maquettes/Premium Formats is about perfect for my budget too, with 3-4 maquettes per year (looking to be about 1 per quarter) and two PFs per year.

We did get spoiled with the teaser video early on for this line, so I hope we something similar at SDCC. It would be great to get a peek into 2012 and beyond, and hopefully getting to see the fan pictures of Arwen and Boromir on display at the show.

I'm totally ok with the pacing. Makes it easier to fit them in with collecting other lines. I would hope we get something at Comic-Con as well. Would be a great way to keep momentum going as preorders come out and products go out. If they are there I will be taking video and pics.

Agree with everyon so far...timing on these is good...the line is appearing to have some decent legs. With a couple good baddies (a cool Helm's Deep Uruk or a Prologue Orc) to mix in would keep everyone on their toes. Still looking forward to the TWO HOBBITs per base look as well...those will be neat to see how they accomplish the look and scene.

Excited for the future of LOTR...worried about what happens with this line when The Hobbit hits...in terms of Sideshow's production as well as fan interest. Many folks on here may DIVERT to Hobbit stuff...

I truly think when The Hobbit comes out that will only be good for LOTR stuff.

I truly think when The Hobbit comes out that will only be good for LOTR stuff.

Agreed, with new fans surfacing and such. When The Hobbit comes out, it'll be a decade after LOTR! :thud:
The only thing to worry about is if new collectors will have the cash to buy both. As it is i need to be careful what with the stuff coming out now just from LOTR.... maquettes, environments.... and wanting to save up for Hobbit and possible Game of Thrones merchandise. :gah:

Money will be an issue I don't doubt that at all. I think it will be able to be done balanced enough though.

Agreed, with new fans surfacing and such. When The Hobbit comes out, it'll be a decade after LOTR! :thud:
The only thing to worry about is if new collectors will have the cash to buy both. As it is i need to be careful what with the stuff coming out now just from LOTR.... maquettes, environments.... and wanting to save up for Hobbit and possible Game of Thrones merchandise. :gah:

This is why I'm hoping I get to work summer school this year. I hate doing it, but it's pretty easy money, though not much since I'll only get a couple of hours.

I would love a Beanie 1/6 or PF from Game of Thrones!

A Beanie with throne! :panic::panic::panic:

GAME-OF-THRONES_510.jpg

Back