Statue Boromir Maquette...Links to buy and waitlist in 1st post !!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Boromir Maquette

Can't wait for Gimli !!

I suspect we'll see Arwen first. Hopefully, with the success of Legolas, SS will be encouraged to speed up production of future maquettes. :pray:

I suspect we'll see Arwen first. Hopefully, with the success of Legolas, SS will be encouraged to speed up production of future maquettes. :pray:

Yeah, I expect Arwen next since she was shown in full light. Which is fine but I can't wait to see Gimli. I believe we might see a bit of speed added to it but maybe not a ton as we will need continuous news from the set of the Hobbit to help keep things going.

Not too much speed I hope woodsy...I don't think my finances will allow speeding. Lets just take it nice and easy okay :rotfl

Bill

Hopefully, with the success of Legolas, SS will be encouraged to speed up production of future maquettes. :pray:

Based on the Flex-pay schedules, which most always line up closely with an item's ship date, we should be seeing GTG in May and Legolas in August. That's pretty fast.

Based on the Flex-pay schedules, which most always line up closely with an item's ship date, we should be seeing GTG in May and Legolas in August. That's pretty fast.

Yeah, when any production delays occur they just bump the Flex-Pay start date accordingly.
Once they begin the Flex-Payments you can pretty much bank on it. It wouldn't surpise me if at least one these gets bumped back a month, but hopefully they'll stay on schedule.

Not too much speed I hope woodsy...I don't think my finances will allow speeding. Lets just take it nice and easy okay :rotfl

Bill

:lol Not too quickly, but I would like to see 5-6 /year instead of 4.

Four to five max per year would be ideal for my budget. And I, for one, am hoping for at least one release without an exclusive so I can finally use my store credit at BBTS.

Four to five max per year would be ideal for my budget. And I, for one, am hoping for at least one release without an exclusive so I can finally use my store credit at BBTS.

May get your wish with the Boromir Maquette furystorm.

Judging from the concept art, he looks great just the way he is.:yess:

Just have to wait and see.

Bill

I second Bill's motion. I think you'll have the opportunity to use that store credit once Boromir is up for pre-order.

Reg version
Boromir_concept.png

Ex version
Boromir_concept_horn.jpg

Nice photoshopping Bill. That would make for an excellent excl. Certainly doable, though it would require a switch-out torso.

wouldn't this require a switch-out right arm?

That would be true, but you're not taking into account the strap of the horn of Gondor on Boromir's breastplate in the 1st pic. It wouldn't be positioned like that with the horn in a raised position. You've also got to take in acct. the horn of Gondor in the 1st pic. would be located near his right hip and it would have to be removed if a Boromir excl. featured him raising/blowing the horn.

That would be true, but you're not taking into account the strap of the horn of Gondor on Boromir's breastplate in the 1st pic. It wouldn't be positioned like that with the horn in a raised position. You've also got to take in acct. the horn of Gondor in the 1st pic. would be located near his right hip and it would have to be removed if a Boromir excl. featured him raising/blowing the horn.

right you are, sir.

Yep, you are right woodsy :clap
The simple solution would be not to have the horn in the reg version at all.:wink1:

Just a thought :lol

Bill

Yep, you are right woodsy :clap
The simple solution would be not to have the horn in the reg version at all.:wink1:

Just a thought :lol

Bill

I really like the idea of your photoshop Bill, though I still believe this will be the 1st maquette without an excl. I have forwarded a question to SS concerning this.....hopefully they'll answer that question before they provide us with a full reveal of the maquette.....:wink1:

Last edited:

I really like the idea of your photoshop Bill, though I still believe this will be the 1st maquette without an excl. I have forwarded a question to SS concerning this.....hopefully they'll answer that question before they provide us with a full reveal of the maquette.....:wink1:

Yep, I tend to agree with you there woodsy. He is the only one who didn't have a excl shown in his concept art. Not that I mind...he looks just great as he is IMHO.:clap

Bill

I really hope you guys are right, because I want to finally be able to use my store credit at BBTS, and these maquettes are the only thing I am collecting right now.

Back