Statue Boromir Maquette...Links to buy and waitlist in 1st post !!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Boromir Maquette

love the sculpt i hope the likeness is good

as i do not think there has been a great likeness done of boromir before :pray:

Hopefully Sideshow will also make a Denethor maquette (and Faramir of course). Would make a nice scene.

SS addressed this issue a few days ago. :lecture

Tuesday, January 11th, 2011

Question : I think your creative team should really be commended in the way they have approached the new LOTR maquette line. Obviously a lot of thought and consideration has gone into the execution of this line! We can’t wait to see what’s next after first 6 or so that we’ve seen in progress – any hints? Or even more photos of Arwen, Gimli & Boromir would be appreciated! – AND – Has Sideshow decided which characters will be produced as part of a “second wave” of LOTR statues? And if so, do they include any of the following characters: Faramir, Eomer, Denethor,or Haldir?, And whichever characters are in the planning stage? I think I can speak for all LOTR fans when I say none of us will be upset should you decide to post more conceptual drawings for us to drool over!

Answer : Major, major thanks. We’ll share your feedback with all involved! You’ll see more of Arwen and Gimli soon, and Boromir shortly after. Faramir and Eomer have been designed (and they look great). Denethor and Haldir will wait for further down the road. We’ll see about sharing more of the design work with you soon!

Thanks for the info Woodsy, didn't know that. :dunno

The Maqeutte shows what looks to be the rope for the horn across his chest too. Maybe an arm raised up rather than down at his side? The Gandalf exclusive is more simple like this, just a change in pose.

Yeah, that indeed may be the way SS will go Seaward.

Reg version

Boromir_armdown.jpg

Ex version

Boromir_armup.jpg

I agree if they did it for GTG then why not Boromir.

The horn option would have been better IMHO though.
The position of Boromir's head looks just right to meet a raised horn in Boromir's right hand.

or if the horn was detachable we could have...

Reg version
Boromir_concept.png

Ex version
Boromir_concept_horn.jpg

Just kidding.

But it could be nice couldn't it?

Bill

No doubt the switch-out left arm of the Gandalf excl. alters the pose somewhat, but I believe the main purpose of the Gandalf excl. was to provide his alternate staff [with crystal]. The addition of that section of Osgiliath wall in the background makes this the most elaborate maquette base to date, and I am highly doubtful we will see any Boromir excl. That said, I certainly won't be too upset should SS provide one.....:wink1:

So you're thinking no exclusive at all? That would be a first really. At the very least I would think an art print. Like you I won't turn away an exclusive. :rock

It was that very discussion by superdoug and bill59 [in the LSB thread :wink1:] that prompted me to start this thread. The horn of Gondor is certainly a possibility as the maquettes are not scene specific, but since Boromir is the only maquette where SS has not even hinted at an excl. I tend to believe it's because there won't be one....

Thanks woodsy, we did need this thread for sure. :hi5:

I was thinking the Boromir LSB just wasn't the right place to be having this discussion. :slap

Bill

You got my hopes up with this new thread woodsy, :lol

So you're thinking no exclusive at all? That would be a first really. At the very least I would think an art print. Like you I won't turn away an exclusive. :rock

Until I see something otherwise, no I don't see an excl. for Boromir. I don't think it's an accident that Boromir is the only character whereby SS has given no indication of an excl. The conceptual art of every other character so far shows either the excl. or an indication there will be an excl., but nothing from Boromir.

I hadn't even considered that, but an art print is definitely feasible and if it were to be done by Jerry....even better!

Thats true. We've seen just something simple as far as the amount of sketches on Boromir. Good point.

I'm not always a fan of just an art print as an Ex but would love to have something related to this from Jerry to go with if we get nothing else.

Thanks woodsy, we did need this thread for sure. :hi5:

I was thinking the Boromir LSB just wasn't the right place to be having this discussion. :slap

Bill

Well if I get too much flack I'll just blame you and superdoug, since you guys were my inspiration. :wink1: :lol
You got my hopes up with this new thread woodsy, :lol

Yeah, I knew that going to happen. Though I did try and quell any excitement as quickly as I could. :lol

Thats true. We've seen just something simple as far as the amount of sketches on Boromir. Good point.

I'm not always a fan of just an art print as an Ex but would love to have something related to this from Jerry to go with if we get nothing else.

I'm with you there. Not a huge fan of excl. artwork, though I love the prints that came with my Vlad the Impaler PF and the KOTD dio. I'm really looking forward to the excl. Sauron print Jerry is currently working on and honestly, any artwork Jerry does for the LOTR lines.....you can count me in. :lecture

Yeah, certain pieces these prints go great with like the examples used. I also like that its included on the new Captain America PF. I agree with you on the work Jerry has done with LOTR his works are amazing.

It was that very discussion by superdoug and bill59 [in the LSB thread :wink1:] that prompted me to start this thread. The horn of Gondor is certainly a possibility as the maquettes are not scene specific, but since Boromir is the only maquette where SS has not even hinted at an excl. I tend to believe it's because there won't be one....

Ahem. I do believe it was me who first mentioned the horn of Gondor as possibly being an exclusive ;)

Do they all have to have exclusives??

If so, maybe blowing the horn of Gondor?

;)

Although i agree that wouldn't make sense, why would he be blowing the horn? A raised sword would be a good idea, but if there's no exclusive, well, never mind!

Last edited:

Generally, I care nothing about art prints for exclusives but if it was one by Jerry V, I would be all over it!:)

Ahem. I do believe it was me who first mentioned the horn of Gondor as possibly being an exclusive ;)

:eek: You must have posted that elsewhere as I did not see that in the LBS thread.

Do they all have to have exclusives??

Aragorn.......hoodless head

Gandalf.......crystal staff

Legolas.......fighting knives

Gimli...........armoured orc skeleton

Arwen.........yet to be seen, though we know there will be one

Boromir........??????

Last edited:

We don't yet know if Arwen or Gimli has an Ex, so one could propose that Boromir could go without an Ex, as well.

How did we find out about Gimli's?

When SS showed us the 2nd conceptual drawing during the LOTR SDCC video. Thanks to bill59 we can clearly see that skeleton is not part of the Gimli statue featured in that 12 Days of Christmas photo so I think it safe to assume that is the reg. edition.

22-07-20101-24-11PM.png

SS1_6MaquettesGimli.jpg

Back