Statue Aragorn Maquette - Link in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doesn't bother me because even though both the SSW and SS lines are 1/6 scale they are still distinctly different lines. Sure you can display the two lines together, or supplement the SSW line with the occasional maquette for characters missing from the original SSW line, but at the end of the day the SS maquettes are meant, and designed, to go with other maquettes. Just as the original SSW statues were meant, and designed to go with other SSW statues.

Would I prefer the SSW Aragorn and the SS version to be the same size...sure I would. But the slight difference in size is not even noticeable when the two are placed on their appropriate bases. And do we even know which one is more accurate? I'm not saying Weta messed up here, but for arguement sake lets say they did. Would you then expect SS to deliberately make their version smaller just so that it conformed with the SSW version?

I agree with you completely 100% here Woodsy, and ideally would get all the maquettes to display together, but the big problems are money, space and the husband, who won't allow me to have loads of versions of the same character. So anything i get HAS to fit in with my other stuff.

Until i become rich and have my own display room, in which case i'd happily buy everything both companies pump out! But until that day, i have to make agonising decisions like this!

I agree with you completely 100% here Woodsy, and ideally would get all the maquettes to display together, but the big problems are money, space and the husband, who won't allow me to have loads of versions of the same character. So anything i get HAS to fit in with my other stuff.Until i become rich and have my own display room, in which case i'd happily buy everything both companies pump out! But until that day, i have to make agonising decisions like this!

I know exacxtly what you're saying....this hobby is a curse and a blessing at the same time. :wink1:

If that was bad, do you remember what people thought about spending $300 on the original balrog??? :rotfl

:lol I remember thinking SS was crazy charging that kind of money...thankfully I paid it anyway.

Dead Serious Strider

My contribution to the Aragorn/ Strider image pool:

img1674ha.jpg

img1675wo.jpg

img1677os.jpg

img1678n.jpg

img1679l.jpg

img1680.jpg

img1681i.jpg

img1682w.jpg

Best. Photos. Ever.

If anyone was on the fence before, they should be leaping off to grab this!
And if they're still not sure, well, there's no hope ;)

Well I almost bought the exclusive. I saw Sideshow had a 15% discount for Facebook store purchases and I was about to buy it... then I realized it was $15.00, not 15% :slap so I didn't. :thud: :lol

Well I almost bought the exclusive. I saw Sideshow had a 15% discount for Facebook store purchases and I was about to buy it... then I realized it was $15.00, not 15% :slap so I didn't. :thud: :lol

Just had another look and you're right!! :horror

I read it as 15% and nearly pulled the trigger on something yesterday. Glad I didn't! :panic::lol

Yeah, a little surprised that it is but it will sell out in time. There are several Aragorns out there so it while the right figure to start with could actually be slower than others. Overall, the right figure and right ES about on part with other LOTR items to get this line started.

I can't believe there are still over 100 of the EXs left! Buy one Fritz! Jump in!

I almost bought the regular last night from wbshop but I remained steadfast in my resolve to only collect 1/4 scale premium format. :lecture

I know, I know... :cuckoo: :lol

I have a request. Does anyone have the Weta Aragorn, the Sideshow Aragorn and the Aragorn PF? If so, could you put them beside each other and take a pic? Please and thank you. :wave

I have all three but they're all back home in the states! Wish I could help you, but surely there must be somebody else here who still has their SS-Weta Aragorn besides me...?

Back