Statue Aragorn Maquette - Link in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a request. Does anyone have the Weta Aragorn, the Sideshow Aragorn and the Aragorn PF? If so, could you put them beside each other and take a pic? Please and thank you. :wave

I don't have the Weta one. I have the 1/6 figure, the PF and the statue. You can never have enough Viggo! :lecture

Better late then never, well maybe. As such, here's just a couple of pics of mine. (Click on image to access high resolution versions)

So a couple of quick things. Overall it's very nice, but like so many photo's the paint work does have a bit of a gloss/shine to it. It's not as bad as it looks in photo's, even mine, but it does still have a bit too much for clothes that otherwise really shouldn't shine.

As for likeness, I think the last photo says it all. The unhooded head is very good and about the best your going to get. The hooded head on the other hand, missed out somehow. I thought this all along, based on every shipping photo I've seen and having it in hand, just confirms it. If likeness is important to you, you need the unhooded head, which means you'll want the Ex.

I have a request. Does anyone have the Weta Aragorn, the Sideshow Aragorn and the Aragorn PF? If so, could you put them beside each other and take a pic? Please and thank you. :wave

I do Frank, I'll be happy to take some pics for you mate.

They may not be great pics, but they may be good enough to meet your requirements.

It will be tomorrow before I'll be able to get to it though (unless someone else takes the pics before then).

Would you like with or without bases?

:duff
Bill

I do, too. If no one else beats me to it, I'll take a photo for you tomorrow.

I'm also going to take a few shots of the new one by itself (not that I can add much to what's already been contributed, but it's just such an amazing piece that I have to share it).

I do Frank, I'll be happy to take some pics for you mate.

They may not be great pics, but they may be good enough to meet your requirements.

It will be tomorrow before I'll be able to get to it though (unless someone else takes the pics before then).

Would you like with or without bases?

:duff
Bill

I do, too. If no one else beats me to it, I'll take a photo for you tomorrow.

I'm also going to take a few shots of the new one by itself (not that I can add much to what's already been contributed, but it's just such an amazing piece that I have to share it).

Thanks guys! On bases like they would normally be displayed is good. :duff

More people must be buying the regular edition of this because it's sold out, but the Ex isn't.

Gandy Ex is close to selling out and the Leggy and Gimli Exes have. :yess:

According to the newsletter there are only 13 left and at the bottom it is listed under items with less than 200 left. On the Ex that is.

More people must be buying the regular edition of this because it's sold out, but the Ex isn't.

Not sure it works exactly like that with the Reg's, since the waitlist status, is based on all the various reseller pe-orders, etc and on what SS keep back in stock. In the past, with something that seems popular, SS has even reduced what they sent to various dealers in order to keep more stock for them to sell. Only to then have orders dry up and the item come back in stock.

Of course, if resellers also don't sell out or get canceled orders, etc I think over time, they can even return some to SS, it's times like that (especially with the Reg), that an item which has been on waitlist for like months, comes back into stock (second chance).

Not saying that this is the case, but that doesn't mean it won't happen either.

As for likeness, I think the last photo says it all. The unhooded head is very good and about the best your going to get. The hooded head on the other hand, missed out somehow.

Indeed - he looks more like Peter Weller there.

Great statue, though. Good thing I'm not into LOTR.

OK, late as usual, here's mine:

aragorn01.jpg

aragorn02.jpg

aragorn03.jpg

aragorn04.jpg

aragorn05.jpg

aragorn06.jpg

aragorn07.jpg

aragorn08.jpg

Wow! I didn't realize that, even after taking the different height of the bases into account, the new MQ would look larger than the SSW Aragorn. To me, the MQ even appears to be thicker through the head. Thanks RoboDad!

Back