Statue Aragorn Maquette - Link in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I don't think it will hurt the LOTR line much if any because it will allow fans besides us to get interested in that again. Hell, if anything I could see SS running both at the same time and things working fine cause folks will be into both.

In all reality, I sure wish this line would have started in say 2008 or early 2009. With The Hobbit right around the corner, Sideshow will DEFINITELY shift focus away from LOTR and to Hobbit stuff...not that I am complaining cause that stuff will rock as well, but realy want Prologue Elf, Numenorean, Gondorian Soldier, Eomer, etc...and these are no where at all in Hobbit...

All I can say is I hope beyond all hope that this line has legs and can stand up through The 3-4 years of Hobbit domination! If Hobbit stuff is INCLUDED in this line (which is probably likely at this point), then the line could easily be 50-75 pieces! I can imagine them doing 2-3 Dwarves per base...brothers, etc (Kili/Fili, Ori/Dori/Nori, etc.)

Weta could get the Hobbit rights to do the statues, so then Sideshow can continue with LOTR, and reap the rewards as new collectors will want a LOTR line aswell. Everyone wins, everyone is happy.

Weta could get the Hobbit rights to do the statues, so then Sideshow can continue with LOTR, and reap the rewards as new collectors will want a LOTR line aswell. Everyone wins, everyone is happy.

That is certainly a possibility, and up until the moment SS was given the LOTR 1/6 scale statue licencing rights I thought that scenario was a slam dunk. Now, who knows? :dunno It will be very interesting to see how this eventually plays out. :lecture

My guts says they will split some kind of statue type license. As long as they look kick ass and bring the characters to life thats the main thing.

My guts says they will split some kind of statue type license. As long as they look kick ass and bring the characters to life thats the main thing.

If you are referring to another partnership ala SSW I just don't see that happening....ever. I don't think their split was amicable at all, nor do I think either company would be willing to playing a secondary role in any potential future partnership....and someone would have to take the lead.

I'm with you though, as long as they look great, I'm in no matter who makes them.

No, I'm thinking something like one doing statues or busts and the other maybe doing Dio's, PF, etc. I don't ever expect a SSW line to happen again.

No, I'm thinking something like one doing statues or busts and the other maybe doing Dio's, PF, etc. I don't ever expect a SSW line to happen again.

Yeah, I can definitely see both companies getting their own product lines. Again, it will be interesting to see who gets what.

Yeah, I can definitely see both companies getting their own product lines. Again, it will be interesting to see who gets what.

Right and thats just one of many things that besides loving the material its gonna be a fun ride.

One things's clear - Sideshow are the masters at PF's, and Weta do fantastic environments. I'd bet on that continuing with The Hobbit.

As for busts and statues, maybe Weta will do that while SS continue with LOTR maquettes, then a few years in the future SS will get a Hobbit maquette license ;)

Yeah, thats a good thing. Obviously folks could still get some on WL but the fact we've got several at that point is movement forward.

Yup! For a few days now. Can only be a good thing for the line. :lecture

No doubt about it. To me however, the 1st real test was Gimli because of the NRD. Selling 500 of these in a week at $250 a pop was a very good indication to me as to where this line is heading. :lecture

That did test who was really into buying these when they have to give up some money before the thing even ships. The old mo train is moving in the right direction.

That did test who was really into buying these when they have to give up some money before the thing even ships. The old mo train is moving in the right direction.

Well is certainly eliminated those who used to automatically order anything and everything SS produced.....:monkey3

And yes, the momentum train is moving in the right direction....next stop, Arwenville. :)

That it did. I think it does anyways. Something, that really is a good thing for the long term health of many collectible lines.

Looking forward to this stop and if its one I'll be picking up.

I'm about to return my aragorn ex; decided not to collect the line right now. If anyone wants/needs this piece (#440, good paint) please PM me by tomorrow before I ship it back. I am sure we can work out some deal to save us money. From SS will cost you 251.xx shipped in the US.

Chris

These pictures from me... 538

I just bought 280 dollars including shipping from sideshow. I paid about 500 dollars in customs fees. a total of $ 780 ...

Thanks sideshow...

1005297g.jpg

1005298x.jpg

Back