Cobra Trooper is up! Use this link!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it think they were planning on doing more and it just wasn't selling enough to warrant it. if they had waited till everyone had gotten cc before putting this up for order i think more people would have been ordering it. plus the bad economy doesn't help it when people are cutting back spending.

Who rated this thread without my autorisation ????

2000 really is low. I was always planning on getting one, and glad I got in under the wire this week with a Sideshow order. But my intention was to pick these up here and there along the way to bulk up CC's surrounding team in my personal collection. Now with less of these than any of the other figures produced so far, I can see this figure rising in value instead of simply staying put, or even dropping in value.

I mean only 2000 Troopers to protect 4250 Commanders?!?!? WTF?

There better be a SDCC Officer variant coming.

2000 is low. These will go up in value once the rest of the line makes it into peoples hands.

I really wish they were making 4000-6000 of these so they could stay in stock and every year we'd have the option of picking up another one or three.

You guys do know 2000 was based on orders they received. Which could mean they didn't get that many in?

You guys do know 2000 was based on orders they received. Which could mean they didn't get that many in?

You know, I bet if more Joes had been announced/released before this guy, people would'a bought more. Don't put that on the collectors, it was Sideshow's choice to do him third and with the cancellation of LOTR and their previous behavior, I don't blame anyone for being timid. Who the hell wants a Cobra Commander, 10 identical Troopers and only one Joe? :huh

Last edited:
I foresee this figure going the way of the babysitter. I skipped this realease. I plan on getting one of the Five variants down the road. :naughty

I foresee this figure going the way of the babysitter. I skipped this realease. I plan on getting one of the Five variants down the road. :naughty

It's nothing like the babysitter which was just a rehashing of the same character.

Variants of a faceless trooper is no different than ranks of military soldiers.

You know, I bet if more Joes had been announced/released before this guy, people would'a bought more. Don't put that on the collectors, it was Sideshow's choice to do him third and with the cancellation of LOTR and their previous behavior, I don't blame anyone for being timid. Who the hell wants a Cobra Commander, 10 identical Troopers and only one Joe? :huh

The exact reason I didn't jump on him. Because I'd need 2 at least and I'm not going to buy them with what release currently.

My fear is we'll see one more ... varient trooper for SDCC then the next Joe anoouncement might be Duke or the PF or SE or CC... :monkey2

...plus I'm waiting for Vipers!!!!!

Last edited:
... I really wish they would bypass PF figures for this line. it just seems allmost blasphemous to make an unarticulated figure for a line based on a toy who's main selling point was articulation.
But if people will buy it , they'll make it :)

... I really wish they would bypass PF figures for this line. it just seems allmost blasphemous to make an unarticulated figure for a line based on a toy who's main selling point was articulation.
But if people will buy it , they'll make it :)

I agree. It'd be nice if they just kept focused on the action figures since that will no doubt be the meat and potatoes of the line (like Star Wars). Inevitably though, some sexually repressed ****** will pop in here with a doll comment stating PFs are better and that PFs should be the main focus.

Ironically, with this license, that won't be Shai :lol.

1/6 dollies are for children, PFs are better and PFs should be the main focus.

I figure any of this stuff produced by Sideshow and discussed on these boards--almost exclusively based on funny books, cartoons, or movies that could just as easily be funny books or cartoons--is for those of us who are kiddies on the inside. I have heard the argument here before about how "statues of cartoon characters are for adults, and anything else isn't" and will never understand any of the supposed "logic" to it.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

your statement is merely a mirror which reflects your own insecurities good sir.

The ridiculousness of it makes me loath to take you seriously, so instead may I offer you a dancing banana ? :banana

Ya know, the only figure you need to finish your 1:6 collection is one of yourself. Then you could justifiably say you play with yourself... all 12 inches. :lol

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

your statement is merely a mirror which reflects your own insecurities good sir.

The ridiculousness of it makes me loath to take you seriously, so instead may I offer you a dancing banana ? :banana

Actually, the humor is laughable. He has one of the coolest 1:6 collections on the board. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back