1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with this assessment; yes there are going to be a few collectors with the disposable income to get all 3 Thanos figures. For myself & many others we are going to stick to our favorite flavor of one. Myself I’m more than happy with the Infinity War flavour as the armored versions IMHO lack posability.
Down the road who knows what version is going to have the favor of the collectors market? My thinking is that the armored version is going to have the short term gains but long term the Damaged or Infinity versions might see even higher gains. With a possible loss of interest due to the MCU in reboot mode & collectors perhaps not having as much money to spend on figures in coming years. It may take a while to see any gains at all on the 3 versions of Thanos.

I could see the IW Thanos gaining value several years down the line when it's sold out...because when you think about it, it's a more unique look compared to the Armor version, which everyone is gonna want/have...thus making the IW one more "rare" and therefore more valuable.

All the more reason to get the one you want now and not worry about what others are buying. You never know if it will go up in value or not. I don?t plan on selling so I don?t care about how much mine will be worth, just as long as I get the one I want before prices (might) go crazy.

If I was in the resell business then that?s a different ballgame.

Its the old character vs figure question - the Thanos character in IW was more interesting while the Thanos figures from Endgame look more interesting.

Just bought Thanos and finally caught up on this thread.

What should I do about the arms not sitting flush thing? Is it really THAT noticeable on the shelf? Some pics I’ve seen you can’t even tell.

Do I remove the vest and do all that work? Hairdryer? Nothing?

Some people have used a hair dryer to warm the area above the shoulders to mold it down some. If you do that, be sure to remove the arms and head first. Take it slow and easy.
Mine is stock. It does not bother me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone ever modified the bicep on the flexing arm to make it look more natural?
Screen Shot 2020-03-09 at 12.39.48 AM.jpg

Well we all thought that Dark Side Anakin was a slow mover but it turns out HT was still sending SSC stock up until this virus outbreak so it could be the same with this and others.

Was that confirmed by Sideshow or anyone close to HT? Just curious as I haven?t heard that before until now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got the Endgame one preordered but I just don't think I can let this one go. It's in my top 5 for sure. I'm down to two detolfs so space is at a premium which makes a decision like this harder than just "keep both".

Got a bent arm from a friend to use on my armored thanos but the paint is chipping away very easely.
Is that a common issue? scares me for my armored thanos arms...

So, I got this the other day and feel just a touch underwhelmed. Probably my fault but I expected it to be the size of the Hulk. It should have at least been close to Gladiator Hulk in size going by the opening scene in Infinity War, or am I taking crazy pills?

I am wondering if instead of buying armored Thanos I should just buy the armor on eBay, or would that not work?

Back