1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 scale Deathstroke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We should ask for Hot Toys to do a recall or at least give us new heads that won't come with these problems for those who have made the initial investment. The fact that they have done nothing is very frustrating... and we are partly to blame because we as a community have not tried hard enough to get some resolve, minus complaining to SideShow. Which let's face it will sometimes give you a replacement part that will end up doing the same thing (like in my case), or some lame 25-30 dollar credit that honestly is a drop in a bucket when it comes to the relative cost of these collectibles... Something needs to change... most companies would try and resolve the problem. I mean we're talking about 300+ dollar figures here... I say 300+ because let's face it the average HT figure is climbing well over 300 USD these days. So based on that cost alone and the fact that these break down within weeks or months of owning is fallible.

The only way a company will change the way it does things for the better is if a community steps up in sizeable numbers. I am finding myself less motivated to get HT figures these days. As it is this was my first HT figure in 2 years. I used to average several a year. I even own 3 of their 1/6th scale vehicles, so I was spending some serious coin at one time. I only got this because to me it was the figure of 2019. I had to have it. But now I am losing that love because of the ribbon situation. It feels like every second HT figure I have gotten has had some issue. From the hips of the Iron Monger cracking (and this happened to all), much like the torso on the Mark III OG's turning a pinkish colour from the original red, to the shield flaking on the First Avenger Captain Americas.... it's getting very frustrating. I don't trust the company anymore. And while I understand everything breaks down over time, it shouldn't happen at the rate that some of these issues have happened. Most companies do recalls or send out replacements... or make new pieces to send out to collectors to fix the errors. I don't even think Hot Toys has ever issued out an apology for some of their products failing... Other companies will go out of their way to remedy the problem. And that's why I am close to moving on. And proof is in the pudding... I have invested 300 dollars into HT over the past couple years vs. thousands per year.

Last edited:
I love how Mondo as an example will send out new cases when they made errors and mass ship to their customers, which isn't cheap. Take their print issue (which honestly most didn't complain or saw the issue), when it come to their Hellraiser boxset... they gave us new replacement boxes, which weren't cheap to reproduce. Those heads would be cheaper for HT to reproduce. And I am thinking HT is bigger than Mondo. Again, I am sure somebody will have some opinion to counter argue my point, but I like when companies like Mondo do things like that... I honestly didn't even see the issue with my case. It looked great. But they are perfectionists and wanted to fix an issue, that they thought was an issue, when most of us collectors didn't even notice it. Guess it shows how much some of us pay attention to the actual source material. I am referring to the box that Pinhead holds, that houses a bunch of vinyl. Well, our version does. I am sure his doesn't. ;) As his unleashes Hell.

I remember when I complained to United Cutlery that my Blade: Sword of the Daywalker base was flaking, they said they would go back and fix them and send me a replacement, which they did. Now I just need to find it. lol

Just using those as examples, and I have many more where companies do show they care to resolve a situation.

3B882CA5-65F8-48E0-92E7-0AB9CA24C894_1_201_a.jpg

What about using glue dots? I've seen videos by Black Ops Toys using them to keep parts secure on figures and its not permanent. Easily reversible.

Haven't thought about it. But would have to trim down the glue dots significantly due to the size of the wire and bandana being very thin.

I was able to fix his tassles pretty decently I think. I used gorilla super glue. It just took some patience. It is unacceptable by hot toys to use such a garbage glue for it.We shouldn't have to fix something on our $250 plus figure

I was able to fix his tassles pretty decently I think. I used gorilla super glue. It just took some patience. It is unacceptable by hot toys to use such a garbage glue for it.We shouldn't have to fix something on our $250 plus figure

I concur... **** you Hot Toys. :p

This figure is terrific but he's way bigger than normal 1/6 figures, he almost doesn't fit in with anything in my collection.

This figure is terrific but he's way bigger than normal 1/6 figures, he almost doesn't fit in with anything in my collection.

He is tall - a touch taller than my BvS Batfleck, but Deathstroke is listed at 6'5"

Based on pictures of the underlying body, it seems the DS and AKB both utilize the MoS body mould, or parts from it. The MoS from the consensus I gathered is touted as a big(bigger) figure, so with all the armor on top it'd make the figures look even larger, but the scaling doesn't bother me.

Sorry, i'm late to the party. That sculpt looks fantastic. I will pick it up. Thanks for sharing!

Sooo is no one gonna mention that they botched the helmet's ribbon colors as well? Should be one orange, one blue/black. Wonder if anyone would be willing to make some ribbon replacements for this figure with accurate colors and better craftsmanship. Doesn't even need the wiring. Love the figure otherwise.

Side note: I wanna get some 1/6 guns as well but I'm not sure if he'll be able to hold any properly (don't have much experience with aftermarket stuff). Has anyone purchased any for the figure?

That's Arkham Knight. In-game character model (which typically represents the final design) for Arkham Origins is multicolored.

Yeah about the ribbon inconsistencies, I was just like yeah the kinda screwed up but it is what it is. One side should be blue and not as long and thin.

Back