1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all for the help guys! Much appreciated.

Vitruvius, I’m so glad that forum members were able to help address what I’m sure was a potentially anxiety inducing issue, I hope that you love that figure!

Could you possible take a few more pictures of your collection in that Billy? I am thinking of getting one and would like an idea of how my collection might look in one. The nearest IKEA is about 4hours away (there is a closer one in Canada but the border is closed) so I would like to see a couple of pictures of 1/6 scale figures in one without having to make a long drive. Thanks

Vitruvius, I’m so glad that forum members were able to help address what I’m sure was a potentially anxiety inducing issue, I hope that you love that figure!

Could you possible take a few more pictures of your collection in that Billy? I am thinking of getting one and would like an idea of how my collection might look in one. The nearest IKEA is about 4hours away (there is a closer one in Canada but the border is closed) so I would like to see a couple of pictures of 1/6 scale figures in one without having to make a long drive. Thanks

Of course, hope this help. Still not the final display version, i have to receive new figures and i still thinking how to put them all.

IMG-6029.jpg

Can anyone who has the Bad Tomato Stormbreaker tell me how it?s held up the last year or two? I?m potentially looking to buy one of these from someone but I?m not sure which on to go for (the LED or non-LED version) because I?ve heard the LED version is a bit too heavy and can cause warping in the handle. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone who has the Bad Tomato Stormbreaker tell me how it?s held up the last year or two? I?m potentially looking to buy one of these from someone but I?m not sure which on to go for (the LED or non-LED version) because I?ve heard the LED version is a bit too heavy and can cause warping in the handle. Thanks in advance!

I have the BT Stormbreaker that takes the battery. You have to have a battery in it to keep that battery plate in place otherwise if just falls off. It's supposed to light up I'm guessing whenever there is movement but I noticed that the battery dies off pretty quick. So you'll have to keep a battery in it just to keep that plate in place. Wish they came up with a better solution for that. I don't know about the non-LED version, but I did notice that the handle did eventually get a slight bend in it. Other than that, I do prefer Bad Tomato version over the one that HT give you with Thor. Although I don't think the weight has anything to do with it as far as getting the curvature in the handle, I'd probably go with the non-LED one if I had to do it over again. I think if the handle would have warped, it'd probably would have happened by this point. Hope this helps.

Also, Thor says to please forgive his long dome in the photo as this was a quick picture with the iphone. haha

** Learning experience uploading this photo. Previously I'd link photos from outside, but decided to try to upload to the forum for a change as the photos I'd link in would display smaller that I would have thought. Initially was bit by the 90 degree sideways rotation, so I had to figure that out to get it orientated properly. Oddball procedure that's for sure. ***

IMG-7192a.jpg

I have the BT Stormbreaker that takes the battery. You have to have a battery in it to keep that battery plate in place otherwise if just falls off. It's supposed to light up I'm guessing whenever there is movement but I noticed that the battery dies off pretty quick. So you'll have to keep a battery in it just to keep that plate in place. Wish they came up with a better solution for that. I don't know about the non-LED version, but I did notice that the handle did eventually get a slight bend in it. Other than that, I do prefer Bad Tomato version over the one that HT give you with Thor. Although I don't think the weight has anything to do with it as far as getting the curvature in the handle, I'd probably go with the non-LED one if I had to do it over again. I think if the handle would have warped, it'd probably would have happened by this point. Hope this helps.

Also, Thor says to please forgive his long dome in the photo as this was a quick picture with the iphone. haha

** Learning experience uploading this photo. Previously I'd link photos from outside, but decided to try to upload to the forum for a change as the photos I'd link in would display smaller that I would have thought. Initially was bit by the 90 degree sideways rotation, so I had to figure that out to get it orientated properly. Oddball procedure that's for sure. ***

View attachment 506726

Thanks! Yea I think I?ll go for the non LED version especially if the battery just dies out super fast. I don?t want to keep switching out batteries on a feature I might not use that much.

Also I love the inclusion of Thanos? head at Thor?s feet lol

I got my 3D printed axe yesterday. I haven?t had the time to paint it but I hope to be able to get that done on Sunday up at work. It?s really solid and has a great heft to it. I?ve painted it black before I left work today, and will get the wood and the blade painted up next time I?m at work.
In the meantime, here are some comparison images(I don?t have my Thor to hand, but when it?s painted I will get some pics with him holding it, so in the meantime, I took pics next to the figures that were on my bench):

1aa1e4466feabdf9a38f20a18a315551.jpg

ecefc3a2a45d55aa8749325e8af0d35c.jpg

a805b6739187549e6dc45b08fec8b98d.jpg

I got my 3D printed axe yesterday. I haven?t had the time to paint it but I hope to be able to get that done on Sunday up at work. It?s really solid and has a great heft to it. I?ve painted it black before I left work today, and will get the wood and the blade painted up next time I?m at work.
In the meantime, here are some comparison images(I don?t have my Thor to hand, but when it?s painted I will get some pics with him holding it, so in the meantime, I took pics next to the figures that were on my bench):

1aa1e4466feabdf9a38f20a18a315551.jpg

ecefc3a2a45d55aa8749325e8af0d35c.jpg

a805b6739187549e6dc45b08fec8b98d.jpg

Now that?s a Thanos-killing weapon, can?t wait to see how it turns out!

Had paint come off the palm of one hand from the axe I guess. Can't see it. So not bothered by it much.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

The guy who is handling the high res prints of the proper 1/6 scale axe has ordered me a 3D print of the full axe. I will post pictures here as soon as I get it in hand, and also after I have painted mine. I have also ordered a spare axe head on its own to display separately. The head itself was $50 extra, but I like the idea of having that separate to the full axe as it was an important scene of the movie.
If anyone here is interested in a 3d print of the full 1/6, just PM me here and I can give you the email address of my friend who is taking and fulfilling any orders.

Last edited:
Sorry about the delay. I got these in a while back but forgot to post pics. It?s far better fidelity than the previous one. Way smoother. When painted it will be amazing.
Here are pics, both of the correctly scaled axe and the separate axe head.

d7a5f2c47d1c38bfc62f87a13db20c0a.jpg

b35a28dfb80c5a3ae053f91f8a33dd09.jpg

43278a0e87e332b6da70f6adc834b013.jpg

1ea7f31a7ac225cc4055f8baddd676a9.jpg

:clap :clap Looks excellent!

Hahaha reminds me of the beginning scene of EG where Thor tries to intimidate Captain Marvel and says "I like this one."

Back