UNREAL TOURNAMENT 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Badmoon I know Kain was having nat issues too and I told him I would look for a way to fix this. Check out this site. Find your router in the list, then select the Playstation Network and it will show you hoe to forward the correct ports. the other option would be is to set the IP of the PS3 in the DMZ which basically puts it outside the firewall.

https://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

While I agree with BadMoon that the console is not as user friendly for online play as the 360, I am going to give it time. I remember when Live hit in 2002, it had some issues out of the gate too...nothing like we're seeing that the PSN isn't as integrated into the gameplay (like being able to check a message in-game or check your friends list).

I agree with Bagels that the Home network should alleviate some of these issues. Or at least am hoping...

"Patience, my young padawan."
Although BadMoon's had his longer so has had to be patient longer.

:D:rotfl:D

Last edited:
Badmoon I know Kain was having nat issues too and I told him I would look for a way to fix this. Check out this site. Find your router in the list, then select the Playstation Network and it will show you hoe to forward the correct ports. the other option would be is to set the IP of the PS3 in the DMZ which basically puts it outside the firewall.

https://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

Thanks man! I will give it a go. I just really want to play this game with you guys and it is very frustrating.

Thanks man! I will give it a go. I just really want to play this game with you guys and it is very frustrating.

Never mind. I don't know dick about computers when it comes to this stuff. :eek: I don't think I have a problem with getting online anyways. My main problem is the complications when joining friends and a microphone that doesn't work.

Never mind. I don't know dick about computers when it comes to this stuff. :eek: I don't think I have a problem with getting online anyways. My main problem is the complications when joining friends and a microphone that doesn't work.
Ok Ill do the same thing I did with kain for you. I think I may have found a easier way to make this work for you guys. Send me a PM with what kind of router you have and I will send you some easy as i can instructions.

Ok Ill do the same thing I did with kain for you. I think I may have found a easier way to make this work for you guys. Send me a PM with what kind of router you have and I will send you some easy as i can instructions.

My nat settings are at 2. Whatever the hell that means. I have a netgear router. Model number WPN824 v2. I tried to create a game and I was the only one in the room. Kain tried to join and it told him the room was full. :rolleyes: I then just tried to join a random game and my unit froze up. :rolleyes:

My nat settings are at 2. Whatever the hell that means. I have a netgear router. Model number WPN824 v2. I tried to create a game and I was the only one in the room. Kain tried to join and it told him the room was full. :rolleyes: I then just tried to join a random game and my unit froze up. :rolleyes:

I think the reason kain couldn't join is his setup so don't worry to much about that. As for the lockup I have no idea.

I broke down and got a PS3 today, got to love bestbuy no interest for 18 months on my PS3. I could have paid for it but hell if I can pay for it over 18 months even better.

Still have the NAT 3 setting but it says that I would not be able to communicate in some match's. I think it has somthing to do with joining friends matches because I can join other matches just fine. I tried that one fix you sent me and I already had that setup.

Still have the NAT 3 setting but it says that I would not be able to communicate in some match's. I think it has somthing to do with joining friends matches because I can join other matches just fine. I tried that one fix you sent me and I already had that setup.

Damm that makes it a lil more complicated. You will have to go through the port stuff I posted before. When it asks for a static IP i wants the IP of the PS3. I am sending you an PM.

What is this nat settings stuff? Also am I ok with nat 2?

Nat is network address translation. What is does is allow you to have a set of IP address inside your network share one internet address. In the past you had to have one internet address for each device to connect to the internet. Then Nat was invented what it did was allow all the devices to share on internet address. In your setup your Modem or Router is given a single internet address, the the router will use NAT to allow all of your devices to connect to the internet all sharing that one internet address.

Now what does nat 2 and 3 mean. There are three levels of nat for the PS3.
Nat 1 is directly connected to the internet, not going thru any router.
Nat 2 is using a router and nat to connect to the internet and all communication PS network is made correctly.
Nat 3 is using a router and nat to connect to the internet but not all the communication to PS network is made correctly.

Both Nat 1 and 2 are good, nat 3 is bad. Basically it's the PS3s version of xbox lives open , moderate and limited nat when you test the live connection but there are 2 levels of bad connections.

Nat 1 and 2 are the same a open.
Nat 3 is either moderate or limited.

Hope this clears things up.:D

Oh man I suck at this online. :monkey2

And a big Thank you to Mfoga for helping me get my online sorted out.

Oh man I suck at this online. :monkey2

Hey when we were just playing could you hear anyone talking and stuff? I am trying to figure out if I need a new mic. It is just not as fun when you can't talk to people.

Oh and thanks mfoga.

Never mind. Everything I have found said it is a problem with the game. Epic is even admitting it. Apparently it just doesn't work. They said you may have a chance of it working once in a while but if you do you are lucky. They are currently working on it though. What a pain.

Last edited:
Back