Crysis 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suspect that, but the transition from gameplay to cinematics/cutsence is seemless; and if it is a video it is not very compressed hardly at all (compared to like a "brink" cutscene) giving it an illusion its being rendered at runtime.

I would love for that to be the direction Crysis goes in. A Far Cry 3/Skyrim version. But I do think in order for them to accomplish this, they may have to pull down the graphics somewhat. But that would be a small price to pay for open world Nanosuit goodness!!

Yeah, no doubt the graphics would take a hit. Still though..I thought FC3 looked great, so it wouldn't be too bad. The open world model is the way I want every game in the future hehe. just makes for such a strong single player experience.

Wow how awesome was far cry 3, really loved that game, have you heard they are adding an outpost reset feature (free addon), taking over the outpost was one of my fav. aspects of the game... Yeah i have crysis 3 for 360 and yes I to thought crysis 2 was a marvel to look at and yes its very hard to believe but crysis 3 looks even better than 2 and looks btter than far cry 3.

Just let yourself be surprise and don't taint your expectations of comparison shots of pc vs 360, because the pc of course is much better looking (more objects, higher detail, sharper image), i mean the 360 has all the important graphic aspects, such as the great lighting effects, extra lens flars, camera blur, they even during mid game during the story were you lose control of your character (still can camera pan around), they pump up the graphics which is very noticeable when they do up close facial shots and you just simply say WOW, you literally cant believe what your seeing, its impressive because there's no load time in between gameplay and quick story telling only between levels, which there is no load time if you install the game and watch the cinematics

I had sound issues in the sp, but i suspect it was because i was downloading my free copy of crysis 1 in the background (which i dont know why they would allow that) while i was playing it because when i tried out mp the download stopped and so did the sound issues.

Farcry was my game of the year and one of the most enjoyable Iv played on the machine.
I even found myself falling in love with Citra :inlove

Was going to get this next week but I may trade some games to get this Friday.
Thanks for the update :)

Really, really impressed by this game so far. Best looking game I own and thats saying something. It definitely opens up as you go through and gives you some fun rooms to go stealth or guns blazing. Thankfully, they took good care of the guns blazing guys like me. The new weapons feel powerful and are a blast to use. Sound design is top notch too. Up there with Battlefield even.

got the game today for pc.
wow ! my GTX580 cannot handle this game with all the settings on.
The game looks so unreal it is hard to describe but I think I am not going to play it till I get a gtx 680 or 690.
same thing happend to me when I got the first crysis. it was till I got my GTX580 that was able to play crysis 1 and 2 with all the graphics cranked. I am going to put this game on the back burner till I get my new video card later this year.
this game is far beyond next GEN. crytek always pushing the power of PC's.

I doubt you'd need everything maxed for this game to look amazing. I can't usually tell the difference between max and medium settings in a lot of games. Just tweak the setting until you find a good balance. it would be a shame to wait on such a cool game when you could play it now and not miss a thing in the detail.

I have a 680 and this game gives it a good work out. Actually, the game that works my rig the hardest is Borderlands 2 with the PhysX maxed out. Looks awesome, but it's a resource hog.

GTX680 AND GTX690 run it perfect.

To be honest sometimes I wonder if i could have saved money and just got the 680 instead of the 690. 690 should be for those who are willing or have money to throw away to just murder every game on the market today. I know I get flamed by my friends because I jumped on the 690 GTX the moment it went up on Newegg and just killing Crysis 3 using just one monitor. I will just call it future proofing :monkey1 as an excuse to buy a really sexy looking card that I want to display it once I move on to the next ehhh 790 GTX or something.

Game is REALLY gorgeous though if you got the high end computer to play it.

Also the game is more interesting if you got a good sound card a good headset like the PC360.

Last edited:
I doubt you'd need everything maxed for this game to look amazing. I can't usually tell the difference between max and medium settings in a lot of games. Just tweak the setting until you find a good balance. it would be a shame to wait on such a cool game when you could play it now and not miss a thing in the detail.

I have a 680 and this game gives it a good work out. Actually, the game that works my rig the hardest is Borderlands 2 with the PhysX maxed out. Looks awesome, but it's a resource hog.

yea ! going to play with the settings.

Runs pretty solid on my GTX590. Testing the waters with VERY HIGH setting. Seems ok to me??

This is just on the first level though.
I need to check what my actual frames are.

Anyway, gonna play this out and get ready for TOMB RAIDER next week!!

Might get a GTX680 soon as well.

got the game today for pc.
wow ! my GTX580 cannot handle this game with all the settings on.
The game looks so unreal it is hard to describe but I think I am not going to play it till I get a gtx 680 or 690.
same thing happend to me when I got the first crysis. it was till I got my GTX580 that was able to play crysis 1 and 2 with all the graphics cranked. I am going to put this game on the back burner till I get my new video card later this year.
this game is far beyond next GEN. crytek always pushing the power of PC's.

No way it can be that bad. lol Again, I'm running fine on 590. That's only bit faster than the 580. Looks amazing on Very High, but just as good on HIGH, if that's all you can do. Still worth playing on HIGH..lol

Runs pretty solid on my GTX590. Testing the waters with VERY HIGH setting. Seems ok to me??

This is just on the first level though.
I need to check what my actual frames are.

Anyway, gonna play this out and get ready for TOMB RAIDER next week!!

Might get a GTX680 soon as well.

You should be ok, but there are some more open areas that may make it chug a tad. As you say though, on high this game is incredible looking. I'd imagine medium would be ok too.

played arround with the settings and the game looks amazing and runs awsome now. took the high shadows and I just put AA at 4.

Played this game today all day and wow ! very deep emotinal story.
I am about to fight the alpha seth and pretty much I will be done with the game. another game of my list.

one of the best looking games I have ever played. still I think crysis 1 is the best of all the 3.

8.5/10 for me.
going back to finish the game.
ohh yeaa ! the BOW is so bad ***. pretty much my weapon of choise during the entire game.

just finished the game.
unreal ending.

A great adition to the story.
the final act was so epic. defeating the alpha seth with the bow and using the red star orbital cannon was breathtaking.

crysis 1 still the best one but 2 and 3 add so much more to this amazing story.

make sure you guys stay after the credits.
the multiplayer is weak so I wont be playing it.

8.5 / 10

bring on Crysis 4

I agree about the campaign, but disagree about multi. It's fantastic. You have to play a while to get the hang of it (I'm getting raped) but the multi is very well done.

I still have Crysis 2 in it's sealed wrapper that I bought, I actually cant remember when, pretty much the week it was released, so must be 2 years ago.

Should I finish that one and then buy 3? I'm very slow at finishing games, so if I'm going to start one it better be damn good!

Back