UNREAL TOURNAMENT 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never mind. Everything I have found said it is a problem with the game. Epic is even admitting it. Apparently it just doesn't work. They said you may have a chance of it working once in a while but if you do you are lucky. They are currently working on it though. What a pain.

man that sux, where's the fun if you can't talk to your team mates?

man that sux, where's the fun if you can't talk to your team mates?

That is the PS3 for you. :rolleyes: Great game though. I mean it really is fun as hell to play. I guess I am spoiled by my 360. The playstation has such great potential. It is like someone just has a meh additude though with making things work like they should. For example, if I want to have a private conversation with someone it is just a mess. First I have to log out of my game. Then either save it or whatever and go to the systems menu. Then I must find the message and click on it and hope it works. I just don't understand why this stuff is not fixed. I was such a huge Sony fanboy with the PS2. I wouldn't even buy an Xbox for the longest time. The 360 though is leaps and bounds beyond the PS3 right now. People can argue until they are blue in the face about the PS3 and how great it is. While I admit it hopefully will be. Right now it is what it is.

That is the PS3 for you. :rolleyes: Great game though. I mean it really is fun as hell to play. I guess I am spoiled by my 360. The playstation has such great potential. It is like someone just has a meh additude though with making things work like they should. For example, if I want to have a private conversation with someone it is just a mess. First I have to log out of my game. Then either save it or whatever and go to the systems menu. Then I must find the message and click on it and hope it works. I just don't understand why this stuff is not fixed. I was such a huge Sony fanboy with the PS2. I wouldn't even buy an Xbox for the longest time. The 360 though is leaps and bounds beyond the PS3 right now. People can argue until they are blue in the face about the PS3 and how great it is. While I admit it hopefully will be. Right now it is what it is.

I also love how I have to "connect" my ear piece every time I turn on the system and ear piece. It does not auto-connect just by turning them both on. I have to go into the test area or whatever it is and click "connect Blu Tooth" every time I turn the system on. On the 360 all you have to do is turn you ear piece on and it auto connects.

I did get to play 1 match with Kain though so I do my online is working so I don't have to worry about any NAT settings.

I also love how I have to "connect" my ear piece every time I turn on the system and ear piece. It does not auto-connect just by turning them both on. I have to go into the test area or whatever it is and click "connect Blu Tooth" every time I turn the system on. On the 360 all you have to do is turn you ear piece on and it auto connects.

I did get to play 1 match with Kain though so I do my online is working so I don't have to worry about any NAT settings.

Yeah I don't get it. I have to do the same thing. I guess I am just not savvy enough to make the damn thing work. :eek:

Yeah I don't get it. I have to do the same thing. I guess I am just not savvy enough to make the damn thing work. :eek:

They have it setup so that the system will auto connect the blue tooth Headset when it has the ability to be used. I turned of the PS3 and headset, turned on the PS3, turned on the headset then went to the start new chat thing and as soon as I entered the chat area I head the tone that the headset connected to the PS3. They are just not connecting when they don't need to which makes sense.

I went to best buy this afternoon and almost bought UTIII. But it appears that fate doesn't want me to. A guy was there with his son. He had the last UTIII in his hand. He was contemplating getting it for his son but seemed to be hesitant. He put it back down and I could have grabbed it if I wanted as he walked away. However, I said to myself, I'm going to wait five minutes and see what happens. I had a feeling he wanted it. So about four minutes later they come back with the guys wife and are contemplating it a bit more when the mother decides they should get it. Since it was the last copy I let fate decide and I guess I'm not meant to get this for the PS3. I'm pretty sure I'll just wait for the 360 version. From the sound of this thread, it looks like that's going to be a good decision.

I went to best buy this afternoon and almost bought UTIII. But it appears that fate doesn't want me to. A guy was there with his son. He had the last UTIII in his hand. He was contemplating getting it for his son but seemed to be hesitant. He put it back down and I could have grabbed it if I wanted as he walked away. However, I said to myself, I'm going to wait five minutes and see what happens. I had a feeling he wanted it. So about four minutes later they come back with the guys wife and are contemplating it a bit more when the mother decides they should get it. Since it was the last copy I let fate decide and I guess I'm not meant to get this for the PS3. I'm pretty sure I'll just wait for the 360 version. From the sound of this thread, it looks like that's going to be a good decision.

sounds as if it was rushed to get on PS3 early

sounds as if it was rushed to get on PS3 early

It is a fun game though. Don't get me wrong. I will wait for Ill or Bagels to tell me what I am doing wrong. Hopefully they have the answer. Where are you guys? :confused:

It is a fun game though. Don't get me wrong. I will wait for Ill or Bagels to tell me what I am doing wrong. Hopefully they have the answer. Where are you guys? :confused:
I was on for a while but was by myself so I went and played 360 but im going back now.

I need to get an Ethernet cable to connect my PS3, the Wireless Signal to it is just not very reliable and always seems to drop out due to lack of an antenna.

If anyone has any ideas as to how I can boost my wireless signal, I'd appreciate it. :)

I need to get an Ethernet cable to connect my PS3, the Wireless Signal to it is just not very reliable and always seems to drop out due to lack of an antenna.

If anyone has any ideas as to how I can boost my wireless signal, I'd appreciate it. :)

Damn! Now your having problems? I thought all was well! What is up with this?

Damn! Now your having problems? I thought all was well! What is up with this?
No, I've never had any problems connecting to games, I've played Resistance online many times. The problem is that the router is too far from the PS3 and the signal is too low.

No, I've never had any problems connecting to games, I've played Resistance online many times. The problem is that the router is too far from the PS3 and the signal is too low.

Are you able to use your headset with this game? If so how do I make it work?

What kind of wireless router do you have?

How do you have your 360 hooked up wired or wireless?

Last edited:
Hey Badmoon I am having almost no issues and I just got mine:D. I have not been able to get voice working on UT3 but I can hear the headset is active but I dont think anyone else is talking. I did find that you have to change a setting to talk. In setting for audio there is a mute voice and its set to full which mutes voice set it off. I think very few people are using it which is why it seems like its not working for me.

I'm sorry, but the 360 headset better than a Bluetooth mic? I don't think so. The 360 mic is always screwing up, when I played online with the BT mic, it was crystal clear and never had a problem with it.

Ill I don't understand? :confused: I am trying to make this work and by you comments I thought you had it working? Now I am just lost. :confused: I am trying to refer to every source.

Ill I don't understand? :confused: I am trying to make this work and by you comments I thought you had it working? Now I am just lost. :confused: I am trying to refer to every source.
Let me clarify, when I've played online the BT Mic works fine. My Wireless Router's signal is what's unreliable and likely to drop out at any moment when I play.

I have a 2WIRE router and have the Wireless Adapter for the 360.

Can you remove the antenna on yours or is an internal antenna? If you can remove it you could get a hi gain antenna or you could get a repeater.

Something like the following would probally work.

Antenna, the high the dBi the stronger the signal.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8454656&type=product&id=1184768105213

Booster
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8454479&type=product&id=1184369369314

If you cant remove the antenna you would have to go with a repeater/expander.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspag...ander&lp=3&type=product&cp=1&id=1083711426745

Back