Crysis 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still have Crysis 2 in it's sealed wrapper that I bought, I actually cant remember when, pretty much the week it was released, so must be 2 years ago.

Should I finish that one and then buy 3? I'm very slow at finishing games, so if I'm going to start one it better be damn good!

play them in order man. story is fantastic.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItX3ncZOGJc[/ame]
Did anyone see this video? I know this girl personally. Pretty cool but I have no idea what she has to do with this game or video games in general. :lol

Just used my free download for this one and oh dear sweet goodness is this game beautiful. I am really enjoying it...only on the first little bit but having never played crysis I will say I like it. I think I'll stop and see about picking up the first and second one.

Just used my free download for this one and oh dear sweet goodness is this game beautiful. I am really enjoying it...only on the first little bit but having never played crysis I will say I like it. I think I'll stop and see about picking up the first and second one.

Yeah, its a looker. The first Crysis still holds up very well even today. It was such a beast of a game when it came out.

This game is really awesome, not finished yet but I have to say the Kotaku review was completely wrong.
I have no idea what kotaku had up their ***. I bought Crysis 3 per the review's of other sites and I cannot fathom how Kotaku can recommend not playing this game - or calling it mediocre. I had a freaking blast. The single player campaign was very, very satisfying; I had more fun than with Crysis 2 or even Halo 4. The Crysis series to me is hands down the best first-person shooter experience, what with the varied gameplay and on-the-fly customization of your weapons; every other series just becomes so monotonous by comparison. I beat the campaign yesterday and almost immediately started over on a higher difficulty, to try making my way through levels in different ways.

I'm playing in 3D on Xbox with surround sound, and the picture/sound is so incredibly immersive. The visuals are of course stunning, but I think the game deserves much more praise for its sound and music than it's received. The story's no worse or better than Halo 4 in my mind, so to me there's no sense harping on the game for that aspect either.

Nothing about this game to me feels anything short of polished, and most aspects are more polished than any other game I've played. How someone can walk away from Crysis 3 feeling its mediocre is beyond me.

I have no idea what kotaku had up their ***. I bought Crysis 3 per the review's of other sites and I cannot fathom how Kotaku can recommend not playing this game - or calling it mediocre. I had a freaking blast. The single player campaign was very, very satisfying; I had more fun than with Crysis 2 or even Halo 4. The Crysis series to me is hands down the best first-person shooter experience, what with the varied gameplay and on-the-fly customization of your weapons; every other series just becomes so monotonous by comparison. I beat the campaign yesterday and almost immediately started over on a higher difficulty, to try making my way through levels in different ways.

I'm playing in 3D on Xbox with surround sound, and the picture/sound is so incredibly immersive. The visuals are of course stunning, but I think the game deserves much more praise for its sound and music than it's received. The story's no worse or better than Halo 4 in my mind, so to me there's no sense harping on the game for that aspect either.

Nothing about this game to me feels anything short of polished, and most aspects are more polished than any other game I've played. How someone can walk away from Crysis 3 feeling its mediocre is beyond me.

Ah im glad you mentioned the 3d. Iv not got this yet but am thinking of buying it. ~The only thing slightly bugging me is the amount of night time levels as iv heard there is quite a few.

Whats the 3d like ? crysis 2 was great in 3d...

Also its a different team handling the multi player. Any good ?

Ah im glad you mentioned the 3d. Iv not got this yet but am thinking of buying it. ~The only thing slightly bugging me is the amount of night time levels as iv heard there is quite a few.

Whats the 3d like ? crysis 2 was great in 3d...

Also its a different team handling the multi player. Any good ?
About half the game is night/cave/tunnel levels, yeah. Is that a bad thing?

The 3D is fantastic; as good as or better than Crysis 2. There's occasional crosstalk issues but that may be my television's problem. I really wouldn't want to play it in 2D now that I've played it in 3D. I don't know how they achieved it, but if there's a loss of resolution due to the side-by-side 3D, I can't spot it.

The multiplayer works very much like Crysis 2, which I loved. Really digging Crash Site and Hunter modes, and haven't tried the others yet.

About half the game is night/cave/tunnel levels, yeah. Is that a bad thing?

The 3D is fantastic; as good as or better than Crysis 2. There's occasional crosstalk issues but that may be my television's problem. I really wouldn't want to play it in 2D now that I've played it in 3D. I don't know how they achieved it, but if there's a loss of resolution due to the side-by-side 3D, I can't spot it.

The multiplayer works very much like Crysis 2, which I loved. Really digging Crash Site and Hunter modes, and haven't tried the others yet.

Never really liked games at night but if it looks fantastic, im sure il love it.
Crysis 2 looked great in 3d and was a great experience.
Well I should have it this week :)

Picked up hard copies of Crysis 1 (the version that has all the packs that came out I guess) and Crysis 2 (PC versions) for about $26, for both on Amazon. Will stop playing Crysis 3 now and play them in order.

Last edited:
Once you're done, you must agree with me that Crysis 2 had without doubt the best campaign story ever.

played arround with the settings and the game looks amazing and runs awsome now. took the high shadows and I just put AA at 4.

Played this game today all day and wow ! very deep emotinal story.
I am about to fight the alpha seth and pretty much I will be done with the game. another game of my list.

one of the best looking games I have ever played. still I think crysis 1 is the best of all the 3.

8.5/10 for me.
going back to finish the game.
ohh yeaa ! the BOW is so bad ***. pretty much my weapon of choise during the entire game.

I love top end graphics that push my PC. Wow, this is like one of the best looking games I've ever seen! Pushes my PC to the limits once again! Lol Because I love new technology and cutting edge graphics, I have to rank it higher. For, I would give 10 out of 10 just for visuals alone for sure.

I love top end graphics that push my PC. Wow, this is like one of the best looking games I've ever seen! Pushes my PC to the limits once again! Lol Because I love new technology and cutting edge graphics, I have to rank it higher. For, I would give 10 out of 10 just for visuals alone for sure.

I see what you did there.

Back