Far Cry 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just installed it over the weekend and put in about 3 hours so far. I am very happy with direction the developers took it and didn't pull a Far Cry 2 with better graphics. I want leak any spoilers, but I hardly progressed through the story during my first 2 hours because I am spending too much time crafting and doing side missions nearby.

I am taking this like how I play RPGs! Grind up lots of money and gear before going head first into the boss. In this case its over prepare before going in guns blazing on the next mission!

I am at 36hrs. just got to hoyt's new island.
I am going for a full 100% clear. 69% at the moment.
this game is one of the best games of 2012.
I cant stop palaying this game.
I dont use fast travel at all. love using all the modes of transportation.
man ! under watter exploration is amazing but those dam sharks scare the **** out of me.

Beat the game and loved it. Hope they re-use the same characters for the next one.

That's why I always use a patrol boat or zodiac with a gun. Shark comes near, hop on the gun, no more shark, dive back in. No ammo used.

I like to run over the sharks when I use any boat. The boat makes that "thud" sound and bounces up a little and I chuckle to myself everytime. :rotfl

I really don't like to swim in the water because once a I see a shark in there, my skin hair goes straight up! I had sorta of a bad experience with sharks as a kid =/.

That's why I always use a patrol boat or zodiac with a gun. Shark comes near, hop on the gun, no more shark, dive back in. No ammo used.

yeaa I do the same but I kill the sharks arround check some more if safe jump in the water get the tresure and as soon as I look up there is a shark in my face.
it makes me jump.

I am at 36hrs. just got to hoyt's new island.
I am going for a full 100% clear. 69% at the moment.
this game is one of the best games of 2012.
I cant stop palaying this game.
I dont use fast travel at all. love using all the modes of transportation.
man ! under watter exploration is amazing but those dam sharks scare the **** out of me.

I agree! Iv had the most fun playing this than any other game this year. Got hitman for christmas, very good game but I keep coming back to this :)

Just hope they dont leave it to long to the next one!!

I set a bear on fire with a flamethrower. Game of the year.

Never thought of that!

I think one of my favorite weapon in the game right now is using explosive arrows on enemies. I love to shoot it at the enemy vehicles as they all crowd up around it for covers and BOOM! Its like going Rambo on them in Rambo II where he blows **** up on the bridge with the explosive arrows.

PETA will be super pissed with this game for sure lol

YES! Its quite fun burning the field with one touch of the flamethrowers trigger! Watch all those pigs and deer die as they get engulf by the FLAME! Ramming my truck/buggy/car into animals is also fun! :rotfl

EEEKKKKKK GRRRRRRRRRRR DIE COW! THUD! MOOOOooooo...

Just hit the south island. Can't help but feel it's gonna be a letdown from here on out as the missions just before were amazing. I'm kinda confused though as they were so trippy i'm thinking 'am i Vaas?' or 'is Vass, Citra?'

P.S i so wanna **** Citra :lol

Last edited:
Nearing the end now. This game is just huge.

All radio towers done.
All hunting quests done.
All side missions done.
3 main quest missions left.

Like all games, don't care about collectibles or arbitary $/points missions that have no story attached.

But even so, this game is just massive.
One of the best laid out sandbox maps I've ever seen as well.
There is always something interesting, to break up the jungle. Considering its huge size, it never feels boring or repetitive to me.

Can't wait to see how the game ends !

just finished the game 100% I usually dont finish games 100% but this game was so fun that I had to go all the way. 46hrs of gameplay.
have a few tressures to pick up because my wallet and sack are maxed out and I bought evrything.

one of the best games of 2012.
I feel like doing a review on this game.
its just amazing.

Back