UNREAL TOURNAMENT 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you remove the antenna on yours or is an internal antenna? If you can remove it you could get a hi gain antenna or you could get a repeater.

Something like the following would probally work.

Antenna, the high the dBi the stronger the signal.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8454656&type=product&id=1184768105213

Booster
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8454479&type=product&id=1184369369314

If you cant remove the antenna you would have to go with a repeater/expander.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspag...ander&lp=3&type=product&cp=1&id=1083711426745
Internal antenna, which of those would be the better?

Thanks for the help man. :)

Ill I don't understand? :confused: I am trying to make this work and by you comments I thought you had it working? Now I am just lost. :confused: I am trying to refer to every source.

I don't think he is saying he has played UT3 with the mic but Resistance with the mic and it works great. I don't think there is anything wrong with your mic or the PS3 I think it is UT3.

Internal antenna, which of those would be the better?

Thanks for the help man. :)

If you don't have an external antenna then you have to go with the repeater/extender. If you have a small removable antenna the first link would do just fine, if not the extender is you best bet. It basically plugs into the wall and you configure it connect to your wireless setup. It best to put it about half way in between device and router.

I know my parents old two wire modem/router had a removable antenna.

Let me clarify, when I've played online the BT Mic works fine. My Wireless Router's signal is what's unreliable and likely to drop out at any moment when I play.

Oh ok. Well damn. That was my one glimmer of hope. Now I guess I wait for a patch.

Oh ok. Well damn. That was my one glimmer of hope. Now I guess I wait for a patch.

I am confused. Is ill saying the mic/ear piece works fine for UT3 or other games? I have played UT3 a couple of times online and the mic/ear piece has never worked.

I am confused. Is ill saying the mic/ear piece works fine for UT3 or other games? I have played UT3 a couple of times online and the mic/ear piece has never worked.

Back when this thread was started I made a comment about how the mic sucks and doesn't work. Ill said he has never had a problem with his. I made the assumption that he was talking about this game. I was wrong.

Anyhow, apparently it doesn't work in this game 99.9% of the time. Epic is aware of the problem and trying to fix it. I think maybe the rushed to get the game out in time. I would say being able to communicate in a game like this is pretty important.

Back when this thread was started I made a comment about how the mic sucks and doesn't work. Ill said he has never had a problem with his. I made the assumption that he was talking about this game. I was wrong.

Anyhow, apparently it doesn't work in this game 99.9% of the time. Epic is aware of the problem and trying to fix it. I think maybe the rushed to get the game out in time. I would say being able to communicate in a game like this is pretty important.

Oh ok, thanks.

In this game I am not sure it's all that important anyway LOL....it's SO fast paced that once someone tells you where they are either they or you are already dead. :lol

This game is ok IMO, but I still like GOW a lot better. There is a lot more stratagey involved IMO. Kills are not as easy as they are in this game. This game reminds me of a faster paced Halo with easier kills.

I dont know why some of you are bashing the PS3 when it is you that doesnt know what youre doing.

I dont know why some of you are bashing the PS3 when it is you that doesnt know what youre doing.

And it is you that obviously doesn't know what you are commenting on right now. :lol We are talking about playing Unreal III. The mic in that game just doesn't work. It is a problem that even the developer is aware of. :lecture I don't see how that is PS3 bashing. When they do stuff right (like Drakes) I compliment them. Sounds like we have a Sony fan boy in the house. And you bash Josh for being a fan boy. Shame on you. :nono

Oh ok, thanks.

In this game I am not sure it's all that important anyway LOL....it's SO fast paced that once someone tells you where they are either they or you are already dead. :lol

This game is ok IMO, but I still like GOW a lot better. There is a lot more stratagey involved IMO. Kills are not as easy as they are in this game. This game reminds me of a faster paced Halo with easier kills.

In warzone and CTF the mics will be very important deathmatch and team deathmatch not so much.

In warzone and CTF the mics will be very important deathmatch and team deathmatch not so much.

This is true. This game does take some getting used to. It's so fast pased when compared to GOW, COD4 or Halo 3.

I've also never had a problem with my mic (a Motorola) and never have had to re-connect it to the console after the PS3 has been turned off/on. Not sure what the problem is that some of you guys are having.

It'll be great when we can all communicate during UT3, but for now, i'm still getting use to the game. It :rock.

I've also never had a problem with my mic (a Motorola) and never have had to re-connect it to the console after the PS3 has been turned off/on. Not sure what the problem is that some of you guys are having.

It'll be great when we can all communicate during UT3, but for now, i'm still getting use to the game. It :rock.

I think from what Leafs was saying the mic does not connect until it's "needed" so we don't have to keep connecting it. It will once you start a chat or play a game I believe.

Back