Gollum Premium Format, Link to waitlist in 1st post...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Gollum PF available NOW!, Link to buy in 1st post...

With an additional 1000 being produced, I may be able to wait awhile to snag a second one or score one on ebay if I scrimp and save for an additional one. For now, the single statue will suffice, but they would really compliment one another.

Are you kidding Fritz? If not, I'll likely be keeping my Gollum, which I intended to sell so I would not lose the deposit. Gonna stick with the new maquette line...

Not kidding, that's what I was told. No wonder my order was converted so quickly.

Somebody knows when the International Edition will be release ? At same time that the Domestic or later ???? I´m Spanish, and I will buy the International on my country, but I don´t know what expect about the release dates.

I was told the international edition is supposed to be in sometime next month.

Hey...some info on Gollum NRD...

I talked to Sideshow today and told them about the notice we got for Gollum not including the NRD of $30 we paid already and at first they said the price did include the NRD and then they realized that it didn't and apologized for the mistake. They said it shows up on their end but not on our account. I suggested that they send another email to everyone with the right final price to avoid complaining and errors on their end end they will said they will notify everyone before charging....

I'm happy cause I used a $50 coupon plus the NRD which takes $80 of the original price. I will only have to pay $235 with shipping. Great deal considering it is going up in price in the secondary market.....

Cheers

Bear

Cool, I was worried about this. I even logged into my bank account and went back and saw a $30 charge on 11/03/2011. They really should send something out, especially since this may play into people's decision to keep it or cancel it.

My waitlist converted today. yippee...well it will convert in about 24 hours...also got the notice that the Morgul Lord will be converting too:panic:

Not sure if I'll keep both though

FYI...

Thank you for your email.

The edition size for the International Gollum is 1,000

did you actually email them and ask what the ES would be? since my order confirmation email didn't state the ES..:dunno

now why the hell didn't ssc put the ES in the newsletter, if i had known the ES was 1000 i don't think i would of ordered it since i've already got two original versions coming.:gah:

From what I remember, 1000 is the total ES.
500 Domestic
500 International

I didn't know if there is a thread already,sideshow published a sneak peek of the upcoming ringwraith pf!it looks unbelievable !
Cheers!

did you actually email them and ask what the ES would be? since my order confirmation email didn't state the ES..:dunno

now why the hell didn't ssc put the ES in the newsletter, if i had known the ES was 1000 i don't think i would of ordered it since i've already got two original versions coming.:gah:

That was a direct cut and paste from the email they sent when I asked what the edition size was.

Only 1.000 ? Don´t is a big ES...and this is a piece that some collectors buy for pairs.

Only 1.000 ? Don´t is a big ES...and this is a piece that some collectors buy for pairs.

The interplanetary version of 2000 to be announced in a few years when stock runs out.

Don't know if that's what they meant but what I took from the email I got was the edition size of the international version itself was 1000. Meaning total of 1500. But it would surprise me if they tripled the overall edition. I also haven't gotten a response to my question if the edition size is printed on the bottom of the international versions base.

Sideshow and their nonsense. More new editions.

That really does kind of rub me the wrong way. Sideshow wouldn't let me Flexpay the one I had on pre-order yet they are going to produce 1,000 more and slap an International version on it, which obviously appears to be available.

It's despicable what SS is doing. I wouldnt cared if they announced at the beginning there will be x us version and y international version. But instead they see this statue is hot and sold out, THEN decided just to make up some BS version and produce more to sell after the fact, even though they already CLEARLY stated the production run limit is 500 right on their website. Those are highend collector items not some cheap crap, by going back on their word, ss is destroying their own reputation and screwing all of their long time fans who managed to get the US version.

I am not going to buy anymore PF statues directly from SS just on principal. What a way to conduct business...

It's despicable what SS is doing. I wouldnt cared if they announced at the beginning there will be x us version and y international version. But instead they see this statue is hot and sold out, THEN decided just to make up some BS version and produce more to sell after the fact, even though they already CLEARLY stated the production run limit is 500 right on their website. Those are highend collector items not some cheap crap, by going back on their word, ss is destroying their own reputation and screwing all of their long time fans who managed to get the US version.

I am not going to buy anymore PF statues directly from SS just on principal. What a way to conduct business...

Yeah just make one version and leave it at that, all this deception is really sad for a big name company like Sideshow.

Why bother making 2 versions that are EXACTLY the same and naming them different? It just highlights their intention to deceive their loyal customer base. At least before, Sideshow hid it a little by making 'exclusive' versions, then they got lazy and made the exclusive version nothing more than a photocopied piece of paper and now they are getting even worse, the only difference between versions is a few words on the base.

Seriously, stop faking it just call it the same damn version if there is nothing different. A rose by any other name has the same edition size. :cuckoo:

I am not going to buy anymore PF statues directly from SS just on principal.

Never say never gagaliya...don't forget there is a Sauron PF and a Ringwraith on Steed PF coming down the line! :yess:

Both must-haves IMHO. :clap...subject to cost.

:duff
Bill

Perhaps before blowing a gasket you should get your facts straight. SS did announce there was to be an International version, and they did so when the Domestic version went up for pre-order. The only thing they did not announce was the ES size of the International version. Now I have never been a fan of SS's TBD ES's and I will not defend that practice nor will I even try to understand the need for an International edition in the first place, but SS did not go back on their word, nor did they screw anyone who ordered the Domestic edition. If the thought of an International version bothers you so much then I recommend you contact SS and ask that your deposit money be returned....they will accomodate you.

I have to agree with Woodsy in that the international version has been known about since day one, and the edition size was known to be TBD, so this portion wasn't too much of a secret. I do think Sideshow needs to drop the TBD edition size for any version of a statue now that they ask for the NRD, and hopefully they will transition to this now that the deposit is much more regular for them. It still feels like some of the kinks are being ironed out for the NRD process, but I think the intended effect is correct. I ordered one statue that I wanted (Brock Samson from Venture Brothers) when my eyes got too big for my pocket book, and got hit with the NRD when I had to cancel. No harm, no foul, I knew what I was getting into, and it changed my bad behavior on this over order. I think that was the root of the problem for Sideshow, and edition sizes were getting out of hand.

I do wish that they could be much more explicit with the communication on some of these things though, like the additional display base and the difference between the domestic and international versions, as that information does impact some decision making. I know some of these changes were developed mid-stream (and to our benefit regarding the additional display base) but I hope that they could be more up-front and fully disclose product in the future!

Give me a break, when did they ever announce the international version on the page? i remember going to the product page to pre-order, there is absoutely no mention whatsoever about an international version. Where did they mention this? buried in some news letter release? Then once it's soldout all of sudden we get the newsletter saying there is some international version now available again for sale, without mention of any other details. If you think ss wasnt purposely trying to deceive and confuse their customers, i have a bridge in the backyard to sell to you.

For such highend collectiables, it should be clearly stated how many # will be produced on the first day of the pre-order, then that's it. They can charge a non-refundable deposit for pre-order that's perfectly fine, but what they are doing now is shady and goes against everything how a company that sells very limited edition collectibles should operate.

Back