Gollum Premium Format, Link to waitlist in 1st post...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Gollum PF available NOW!, Link to buy in 1st post...

Congratulations :clap Galadriel is a very well costumed piece. The lip thing isn't as bad as it looks and can be sorted, the only other problem I had with it was the fingertips looked 'blobby'. Well done again.

Thank ya! It looks like Galadriel has shipped already.

...but it is still somewhat screen accurate...

Why isn't Frodo's finger in the ring then? :panic: :lol

Technically, neither of them are really "screen accurate" since he wasn't really on a tall narrow piece of rock. :nana:

Why isn't Frodo's finger in the ring then? :panic: :lol

Because it's in Gollum's stomach.......:lol

Technically, neither of them are really "screen accurate" since he wasn't really on a tall narrow piece of rock. :nana:

Nor was Gandalf walking down a flight stairs in the scene where his pose was taken from, or the ML weilding that horrific flaming sword on Pelennor Field....let's just call these screen accurate with some creative liberties thrown in for good measure. :)

...let's just call these screen accurate with some creative liberties thrown in for good measure. :)

You could say that but it wouldn't be true. It's either screen accurate or it's not. :pfft: :naughty

Fortunately I've never been one who's been too hung up on screen accuracy or drop dead likeness. To me if a piece is cool, it's cool and this piece is cool. :yess:

But it still doesn't mean I'm getting it. Although I probably will because I can't help myself. :lol

So it's in the ring but you can't see it? That's awesome! Sideshow just raises the bar in sculpting and painting techniques. :D

No kidding, invisi stuff is the hardest to sculpt right. So many ways to interpret it!

I don't think the ring is metallic, it looks like it's stuck to his fingers. This statue overall looks good but I think it's a little bit ridiculous with the tall base. And if you are peronaid about movie accurate, don't even bother, nothing is movie accurate right down to the minute detail.

So after looking at the Gollum PF I've decided that there's really only one thing I wish was different. I would have preferred if he WAS NOT holding the ring in the Gollum pose. This way it could have reflected the Cirith Ungol scene at the top of the stairs while the one holding the ring would have represented the scene from Mount Doom. :wave

I completely agree.
The gollum sculpt shouldn't have the ring, the rocks are made in a stair like composition, so it greatly reflectsthe Cirith Ungol scene ...

The ring should at least be removable, but for me isn't even needed with Gollum.

You could say that but it wouldn't be true. It's either screen accurate or it's not. :pfft: :naughty

Fortunately I've never been one who's been too hung up on screen accuracy or drop dead likeness. To me if a piece is cool, it's cool and this piece is cool.

But it still doesn't mean I'm getting it. Although I probably will because I can't help myself. :lol

Yeah, I know what your saying.:pfft: I think SS has fairly consistantly portrayed specific characters in specific poses based on certain scenes in the movie, but nothing is dead on screen accurate, though Lurtz and Galadriel are pretty darn close. And I don't mind the liberties SS's artists take as long as what they're doing is plausible or makes sense.
As for likeness...that's where we part ways. :wave I have no interest is buying a movie-related collectible that doesn't look like the actor portraying the role. And in today's day and age the likeness accuracy had better be pretty close or it's not going to sell. :lecture

And you right this piece is cool, very cool. And soon it'll be the 2nd best Gollum/Smeagol statue in my collection. :naughty

DSC05580.jpg

DSC05581-1.jpg

DSC05585-1.jpg

...As for likeness...that's where we part ways. :wave I have no interest is buying a movie-related collectible that doesn't look like the actor portraying the role. And in today's day and age the likeness accuracy had better be pretty close or it's not going to sell. :lecture

I agree with that other than where Lord of the Rings is concerned. I know it's a movie collectibles license but for me, since I embraced this story long before the films were made, when collecting LotR pieces, the essence of it it more important than the actor likeness. But that's just me.

And you right this piece is cool, very cool. And soon it'll be the 2nd best Gollum/Smeagol statue in my collection. :naughty

Nice! :rock

Would LOVE to take credit for this one...but someone over at S&F posted a theory on what the second base will be:

One assumes it would be the lava, which would fit with just having the top half holding the ring.
Sounds VERY reasonable AND likely to me.

Got to thinking about this...it can't work I don't think...basically because only ONE of the torso's would make sense IN the LAVA...that being the SMEAGOL one looking at the ring.

Should a collector choose to have SMEAGOL on the PF, then the GOLLUM torso would not look right IN the lava.

After re-thinking...guessing a VERY SIMPLE base WITH the legs...would be cheap and require LITTLE in terms of polystone.

I think this is a great looking PF. Ordered. If there ever was a PF worth getting two of this is it.

Got to thinking about this...it can't work I don't think...basically because only ONE of the torso's would make sense IN the LAVA...that being the SMEAGOL one looking at the ring.

Should a collector choose to have SMEAGOL on the PF, then the GOLLUM torso would not look right IN the lava.

After re-thinking...guessing a VERY SIMPLE base WITH the legs...would be cheap and require LITTLE in terms of polystone.

I don't think the second base will have the legs because of this statement in the description "Complete with an additional display base to showcase the unused persona alongside your full figure display" ..which is why I ordered 2 of these.

It's sad when something like Vampirella sells out before Gollum/Smeagol :slap

Back