Gollum Premium Format, Link to waitlist in 1st post...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Gollum PF available NOW!, Link to buy in 1st post...

A new day for Spooktacular and not much is going on just yet. I've been contemplating Gollum all day today, and noticed he just went to low quantity. So to stay true to form, I will order him now. I don't want the final 100 of this domestic exclusive to disappear before I wake up tomorrow.

I will say, I am liking the NRDs as they have allowed me a lot more time to decide whether or not to make a preorder. We'll see if I like them down the line at shipping time when I might have to make a hard decision. Well, there is always the flex option.

This will be the first time I have remembered to use the affiliate link, as I've always felt rushed to get an order in prior to the NRD.

Okay, off to order, then off to bed. Three days of Spook left, and I'm off work the entire time!

:D :D :D

Hiya,

It appears that there is some confusion about what a Domestic Exclusive is. It means that if you live in the U.S. - you can ONLY order this item direct from Sideshow.

If you live outside the U.S. (anywhere outside, including Canada), you can either order it direct OR contact your distributor to see if they will be importing it locally.

Domestic Exclusive also means that in edition defined as "domestic exclusive" there are only 500 pieces. I believe that in this case there is also an International Exclusive planned that is no different other than the words 'International Edition' marked on the base with a separate allocation quantity to draw from so that we can guarantee pieces will be fulfilled for our very loyal International distributors. If there is an item for which an International edition is justified, it will usually be a very small edition.

Think of it as the Domestic Exclusive basically being the Sideshow Exclusive, and the International Edition being like a 'regular edition' which we don't actually sell on our site because it's specifically for our distributors. (unless there are a few left over after the distributors' sales orders are filled, like with the Patient Zero PF)

Here's more info about Domestic Exclusive terminology in our Help Desk: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/helpdesk/?p=213

Hope that clears some of it up! :duff

Domestic Exclusive Edition
A domestic exclusive edition is a line of product which can only be purchased by U.S., or domestic, customers through the Sideshow Collectibles web site. The product may be available to purchase outside of the U.S. through distributors, either from the same edition or perhaps from an alternate smaller edition specifically made for the international market.

Sorry Dusty, but no clearer to me :dunno

How many of these are being made? 750? 1000? 1500? All I know is that it is not 500 :wave

Sounds like the total edition size can be anywhere from 500-999 since the international edition is supposed to be smaller (0-499).

I would say there are at least twice as many collectors based in the US then those outside. The ES of the exclusive will be 250 or less IMO.

LOTR is a very popular licence especially in Europe. 250 seems very possiblle Bulls.

Guestimations are fine, but I hope we get a definative answer from SS on the true Worldwide ES on this as 999 is not as limited as 750 and both are not the advertised '500'. :peace

Why is ES so important? If you like the figure and think it's worth the $300 then buy it.

ps: don't bother to answer, it's a trickquestion, I already know the answer, I can see it on eBay all the time: "for sale, only opended for pictures, never on display"

I ordered 2 as I want to display both version side by side, that's how good I think this looks and being a huge LOTR fans and having (and displaying) all the previos LOTR PF's, how could I pass this.

well it's selling at a not bad rate imo since it's now hit low alert status, sitting at about 70 on hand

Why is ES so important?If you like the figure and think it's worth the $300 then buy it.

ps: don't bother to answer, it's a trickquestion, I already know the answer, I can see it on eBay all the time: "for sale, only opended for pictures, never on display"

I ordered 2 as I want to display both version side by side, that's how good I think this looks and being a huge LOTR fans and having (and displaying) all the previos LOTR PF's, how could I pass this.

Why is ES so important? Because it tells us how many of these are out there and like it or not, it is a selling factor along with how well the product looks which is why the question of 'How many of these will actually be in circulation?' is a more than fair question given it is being sold as a specific numbrered edition run.
Buying to sell on? Nothing wrong with that, except now buyers of 'flipped' items may want a refund if they were to find out thier limited edition purchase is less limited than they were led to believe on e-bay.
Still, it's only an opinion and I'm sure we will get to know the answer :wink1:

So they really won't be disclosing the worldwide ES for this? It won't even be numbered on the base?

I am sure once international collectors receive theirs then we will know. My guess is 300 ES for the international version.

No doubt if Gollum had scantily clad d cup tutties it would have sold out days ago!

Not to mention that the exclusive on Vampirella seems worth while.

Not the print but the extra portrait.

Back