Gollum Premium Format, Link to waitlist in 1st post...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Gollum PF available NOW!, Link to buy in 1st post...

It does look great and I ordered it too. I just hope we don't wind up with the Rambo like skin tones when it ships.

One thing I'm wondering about is if he has the ring then this would be before he meet Bilbo. Would he have whip scars on his back from this time? I would think he got those from when he was captured by Sauron.

It does look great and I ordered it too. I just hope we don't wind up with the Rambo like skin tones when it ships.

One thing I'm wondering about is if he has the ring then this would be before he meet Bilbo. Would he have whip scars on his back from this time? I would think he got those from when he was captured by Sauron.

Excellent point and one that gets Gollum away from my theory it may be his Misty Mountain pool environment.
Still available for those wavering on getting 2 :wink1:

I assumed it was him at Mount Doom :dunno Certainly the Smeagol pose is from when he gets the ring from Frodo.

My local retailer confirmed that their allotment of Gollum is officially classified as the "International Edition". Thus, as is the case with the Patient Zero PF, I believe the ES of 500 stated in SSC website is the number made for the US only. In total, there should be more than 500 worldwide. How many is made worldwide is anyone's guess though.

My local retailer confirmed that their allotment of Gollum is officially classified as the "International Edition". Thus, as is the case with the Patient Zero PF, I believe the ES of 500 stated in SSC website is the number made for the US only. In total, there should be more than 500 worldwide. How many is made worldwide is anyone's guess though.

Well then someone's got some splaining to do....:slap

Maybe SS can confirm the total ES (US and International Editions) and if there is a difference in both.

Awesome PF, I am glad they finally included both torsos in a regular edition

That doesn't sound good. What happened with the PZ PF? Did it turn out to be double the edition size or more? And if 500 is not the overall set edition size, are we still liable for cancellation fees and lost deposit if a second figure has been ordered on the basis of the listed ES???? :panic:

still not sold out...:slap

I believe the NRD has really helped clamp down on willy nilly pre-ordering.

For those folks ordering this and using a debit card for the NRD, Sideshow pretty much charges you right away. The $30 was deducted from my account as soon as I placed the order. Just a heads up if folks are thinking you have some leeway.

That doesn't sound good. What happened with the PZ PF? Did it turn out to be double the edition size or more? And if 500 is not the overall set edition size, are we still liable for cancellation fees and lost deposit if a second figure has been ordered on the basis of the listed ES???? :panic:

Someone posted earlier in the thread...they actually called SS and confirmed an ES of 500 worldwide.

Nice piece, but it looks just a little off in the face, the hair also looks pretty shabby IMO when compared to other pieces I have seen that cost a lot less... pass for me.

Would LOVE to take credit for this one...but someone over at S&F posted a theory on what the second base will be:

One assumes it would be the lava, which would fit with just having the top half holding the ring.

Sounds VERY reasonable AND likely to me.

Pass on this, too expensive even with the extra base.

Looks good but will pass due to shortage of space. I may pick it up later on if I can find it at below retail price.

Gollum had the ring just before falling into the fire at Mt. Doom and clearly, based on the screencap, the Smeagol aspect of this sculpt is a tribute to that scene.

rotk2265.jpg

2010-10-27_094809.png

DO people pretty much hate Galadriel?

I have seen this question a few times in this thread.

I for one think Galadriel has been givin a bad wrap.

The only true issue is that her lips are red/maroon in color. They should be natural or neutral in color. However, in person the lips are not as bad as photos suggest.

The rest of the statue (sculpt, paint, clothing, etc) is just as good if not better than some of the other PF's in this line.

I am very happy to have this in my collection.

These photos are with flash.
1-3.jpg

2-3.jpg

dtssystcollection.jpg

Aragorn Exclusive #258
Gandalf the White Exclusive #236
Frodo #745
Moria Orc #165
Legolas Exclusive #52
Berserker Exclusive #266
Gandalf the White Exclusive #87
Galadriel #376
(all I need is Lurtz):monkey2

Gollum is on order :yess:

Last edited:

They added an international edition of 100.

Back