Gollum Premium Format, Link to waitlist in 1st post...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Gollum PF available NOW!, Link to buy in 1st post...

It's sad when something like Vampirella sells out before Gollum/Smeagol
Smaller Edition size...but that hardly makes up for it...plus, she is much EASIER to look at then Gollum, if you know what I mean!

Smaller Edition size...but that hardly makes up for it...plus, she is much EASIER to look at then Gollum, if you know what I mean!

I know it's 350 compared to 500 but 350 is the exclusive. There's a whole bunch more regular version. Gollum is only 500 total.

Looks very nice woodsy. Was this a very limited item?

DSC05580.jpg

DSC05581-1.jpg

DSC05585-1.jpg

It's sad when something like Vampirella sells out before Gollum/Smeagol :slap

I'm still somewhat concerned with the NRDs and mounting too many orders that may ship simultaneously, and cause strain on my account. But Vampirella has had quite a following for a long time, and I did cave in and order her exclusive first because she went low quantity. Because Gollum is still available with not status bar, I am still debating him. Mostly because I was going to stick to just the new maquette line. However, I don't think we will get an interpretation of Gollum/Smeagol in that line, so this one may enter my collection and oversee from a high perch. Of course, I'm very tempted by Gandalf the Grey PF as well, and if they run a special I might treat myself to him. The thing about that is the maquette is coming for sure there, so I can more easily stop myself from ordering the PF.

I know it's 350 compared to 500 but 350 is the exclusive. There's a whole bunch more regular version. Gollum is only 500 total.

I'm also still wondering how many there really are. Will there be only 500 worldwide, or another 100 for international, etc.

Anyway, glad to be caught up to all my threads on here, and still considering Gollum, but I'm almost certain Gollum will win.

:D

Understandable :lol However, this is one of the most pivotal characters in LOTR and only 500 TOTAL. As Fritz also mentioned Vampirella will have a regular edition without a NRD.

This NRD business really makes one think of how people are really ordering.

I'm still on the fence, primarily financially, because I want to be sure I don't have too much coming at the same time with the NRD's. Also, I just asked Dennis in chat if he could elaborate on the true edition size of this piece, although that is a very minor concern, and he said he was unsure of the true edition size.

"I'm not sure what the ES is..." :(

But, I'm likely going to order as long as nothing else beckons my wallet during this Spook.

FWIW Gollum is probably wearing a thong too.

:lecture :thud: :slap

i'm surprised this hasn't sold out yet either. where have all the LOTR's fan gone to. :dunno especially with many people on here ordering two of this, you'd think it of been sold out quickly.

i'm also curious of this USA only exclusive and thinking there's going to be an international version later to water down the ES.:dunno maybe not though if this takes to long to sell out.

'Item's shipping soon'?? That must be an error...

This is sad news... I hope SS doesn't pull the "oh we made a mistake on the ES... it's now 750" Oops...:monkey1

But I think I'm gonna put a second one on flex anyway.. as was said these would make really nice bookends..

Hiya,

It appears that there is some confusion about what a Domestic Exclusive is. It means that if you live in the U.S. - you can ONLY order this item direct from Sideshow.

If you live outside the U.S. (anywhere outside, including Canada), you can either order it direct OR contact your distributor to see if they will be importing it locally.

Domestic Exclusive also means that in edition defined as "domestic exclusive" there are only 500 pieces. I believe that in this case there is also an International Exclusive planned that is no different other than the words 'International Edition' marked on the base with a separate allocation quantity to draw from so that we can guarantee pieces will be fulfilled for our very loyal International distributors. If there is an item for which an International edition is justified, it will usually be a very small edition.

Think of it as the Domestic Exclusive basically being the Sideshow Exclusive, and the International Edition being like a 'regular edition' which we don't actually sell on our site because it's specifically for our distributors. (unless there are a few left over after the distributors' sales orders are filled, like with the Patient Zero PF)

Here's more info about Domestic Exclusive terminology in our Help Desk: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/helpdesk/?p=213

Hope that clears some of it up! :duff

Hiya,

It appears that there is some confusion about what a Domestic Exclusive is. It means that if you live in the U.S. - you can ONLY order this item direct from Sideshow.

If you live outside the U.S. (anywhere outside, including Canada), you can either order it direct OR contact your distributor to see if they will be importing it locally.

Domestic Exclusive also means that in edition defined as "domestic exclusive" there are only 500 pieces. I believe that in this case there is also an International Exclusive planned that is no different other than the words 'International Edition' marked on the base with a separate allocation quantity to draw from so that we can guarantee pieces will be fulfilled for our very loyal International distributors. If there is an item for which an International edition is justified, it will usually be a very small edition.

Think of it as the Domestic Exclusive basically being the Sideshow Exclusive, and the International Edition being like a 'regular edition' which we don't actually sell on our site because it's specifically for our distributors. (unless there are a few left over after the distributors' sales orders are filled, like with the Patient Zero PF)

Here's more info about Domestic Exclusive terminology in our Help Desk: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/helpdesk/?p=213

Hope that clears some of it up! :duff

Booo.... So what's the total ES?

Scribble "international" on the bottom and up it to 750 total?? :monkey4

Seems as it's not sold out yet you could just keep it at 500 for everyone....:dunno

Thanks Dusty, means the ES will certainly be larger than just 500; but at least we know now as opposed to the PZ PF or Scarface 1:1.

:wave

I believe that in this case there is also an International Exclusive planned that is no different other than the words 'International Edition' marked on the base with a separate allocation quantity to draw from so that we can guarantee pieces will be fulfilled for our very loyal International distributors.

It seems that SS doesn't know what it's going to do yet....:huh

I hope it stays at 500 across the board..

I wouldve ordered this if it wasnt for the $30 deposit.... just not 100% sure if i want it down the track... low on my priority list, but it definately looks great!!!

thanks for the clarification Dusty, though if this version takes long to sell out, i doubt we'll be seeing and very large international version if at all.
by that i would say if it takes two weeks or less then we'll see an international version, but if it takes a month to sell, i doubt we'll see one then.

Back