Statue Boromir Maquette...Links to buy and waitlist in 1st post !!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
vhcf7t.jpg

2a7hiyw.jpg

wv4hu1.jpg

Great shots and congrats on new piece on your collection!

Mine just arrived today. My very first Sideshow statue!

It was actually a funny story: I had to leave, but was hoping the UPS guy would come before I had to. I drove away accepting that I'd just have to wait till tomorrow, but I saw him come inside my community gate as I was heading out of it. Made a hard u-turn, followed him to my house, signed the pad, bam! Boromir

boromir1.jpg

boromir4.jpg

boromir2.jpg

boromir3.jpg

I've seen all the pictures throughout the web and after a LOT of internal debate, I went for it. And let me tell anyone who's a fan of the LOTR movies (because the book Boromir has dark hair and wears a helmet) and on the fence of buying this. GO FOR IT. I mean it's just such a presence on my shelf now, a lot bigger than you'd think. Unless you already have 1/4 scale PFs or something. These and any other pictures out there just don't do it any justice. No offense to proud our photographers, I believe that about all pics of statues.

The lower strap on his left arm was broken, just like everyone elses, so that wasn't a big deal for me. I was prepared for that. However, in the process of sticking the spike onto the flag, my inexperienced self broke part of where it was supposed to easily slip in. I was thinking about just gluing the damn thing on, but I figured I should ask you guys first if I should or should not.

Anyway, # 0009/1000 got me so juiced! The first thing that came to my mind as I was putting it together was how beautiful and stunning the statue was. The second was, "What did I just get myself into?" :panic: lol.

Congrats on the statue and I agree its a fantastic piece. Nice number by the way. Very fitting of a member of the Fellowship. As far as the damage putting the flag in I think its something you can fix yourself. Just get some gel super glue and lightly put some on then put the two pieces back together. Once you've let it sit for a bit try again.

:rotfl you did the same thing as me! what i did was got some blue tac stuck the top part in and then got a black texter and cloloured it in, you cant even noticed :lol

I guys must have pushed that pike hard (shhh!) into the staff for it to break. It never felt that fragile to me.

Still waiting mine :( maybe in 1 to 3 months I think... (French reseller)

Just received mine. Luckily no broken straps, yet. The thing is a bear to put back into the styrofoam, still working on it.

BUT, SS is tricky for taking down the link to the EX. What was the ex supposed to be? How many arms should I have?

Thanks, so everyone gets the arm up (better pose) and ex gets the arm down, but there is still an ex. Gotcha

Back