Statue Boromir Maquette...Links to buy and waitlist in 1st post !!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No magnet problem here, but a broken piece has been repaired...

nEJ8wXHquwcCNt03lIGzgInEPkJjZ37Nim1nhkAx5Wh6CYrgcK.jpg

7uKLw0Oz1mYVA4I1Icc3mxBCSs8E4zAey0MvJ5bmLrj96CKjjf.jpg

VtJva51XuYbaTkOg8MBWTLCxcKPn2a8ntwDrMdBVHxC1ATTz6R.jpg

YoXqd4z1N5FGjzQ713eS0R0pxbWUMDW4MJYrxY7wgjp1kKCPxB.jpg

Well they are sending a replacement but my concern is that this is a design issue and not a one off flaw. We shall see.

Just watched that scene last weekend. Sideshow did a great job capturing the moment.

Yes, they sure did Olórin. :wave

And what a fantastic Maquette/Statue it turned out to be...one of the best in the line IMHO. :clap

:duff
Bill

True and True.
Too bad they didn't get the likeness, because this doesn't really look like Sean Bean.

Last edited:
the prototype looks more like Sean Bean, it's still a great maquette :clap

Of course it's great, I already said it. My issue is not with it's status, but with the likeness, that's all. I am a HUGE fan of SB, back from his days as Major Sharpe ( If anyone doesn't know or seen the series - Get it!!! ), and the only reason I associate him with this statue is because I just know it's him who's portrayed by it.

DAMN................:slap

So those who have him, what do you think, the more I see him the more I am liking it, LOVE the Armor. DAMN IT now the back tracking begins......

The best SS 1/6 LOTR maquette made so far IMHO...Also he looks like Boromir to me no matter what the naysayers say

The best SS 1/6 LOTR maquette made so far IMHO...Also he looks like Boromir to me no matter what the naysayers say

Thanks, I personally could care less on if it looks like Sean Bean as this is BOROMIR! I am not buying a Sean Bean statue.... :slap

LOADS of details packed in this guy and each time I look at him I love it more! When he came out I was determined NOT to buy anymore duplicates BUT my mind has changed. Now the trek to find him that will not cost a "arm" and a leg! Thanks for the thoughts!

Thanks, I personally could care less on if it looks like Sean Bean as this is BOROMIR! I am not buying a Sean Bean statue.... :slap

LOADS of details packed in this guy and each time I look at him I love it more! When he came out I was determined NOT to buy anymore duplicates BUT my mind has changed. Now the trek to find him that will not cost a "arm" and a leg! Thanks for the thoughts!

This guy and Ringwraith definitely have the best detailing and such of the Maquette line. Get it!

This is a great statue IMO. Tons of detail, great likeness, very strong paint this is just a winner IMO.

DAMN................:slap

So those who have him, what do you think, the more I see him the more I am liking it, LOVE the Armor. DAMN IT now the back tracking begins......

I say......

2013-02-04123253_zps4411af01.jpg

2013-02-04123154_zpsfe1b7d28.jpg

2013-02-04123228_zps74da4c7c.jpg

2013-02-04123319_zps1da51841.jpg

2013-02-04123421_zps26f9cf76.jpg

go for it!

I'm delighted with mine.

Great pose, great sculpt, great paint, great subject...what more could you ask for!

Do it!

:duff
Bill

Gimli's looked the most as a retread compared to the other maquettes in this line. Boromir's is a fresh take, and even Legolas had alternate arms to allow him to use his fighting knives pose. The Ringwraith is unique to itself as we never really got an SS/W incarnation other than a steed version (WROS).

Back