Statue Boromir Maquette...Links to buy and waitlist in 1st post !!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats guys :duff Boromir turned out great :rock Got mine a few weeks back and i`m very happy with it, love the detail in the flag :)

does anyone know how to fix the crooked flag tip? i am afraid of breaking it like someone else who did. There is only 1 way to affix the flag pole on top of the flag, and it's really crooked. Not sure how to fix, it didnt bother me until i display him in a different angle and now the flag looks really bent on top.

You could try heating it a bit or making just a tiny bit of some kind of putty to have it sit straight.

does anyone know how to fix the crooked flag tip? i am afraid of breaking it like someone else who did. There is only 1 way to affix the flag pole on top of the flag, and it's really crooked. Not sure how to fix, it didnt bother me until i display him in a different angle and now the flag looks really bent on top.

I had the same problem myself gagaliya. :wave

The way I mixed it was, I paired away some of the end of the top piece that sits on the flag pole (just enough for it to sit straight.

I put in a tiny amount of green stuff in the top of the flag pole to fill the gap.

Placed the top piece back on top and adjusted it to the correct position and cleaned the overflow of green stuff.

Left it for a while to semi set, took off the top piece again to allow the green stuff to fully harden.

That way the tip can be taken off and put back on, should it be required.

Clean up and paint - hay presto - jobs a gooden. :yess:

Hope that helps mate.

Good luck with it. :hi5:

:duff
Bill

We can exhibit Boromir looks like Ned Stark, with Gentle Giant Game Of Thrones Throne Replica

9lbw5.png

How did you get on gagaliya?

:duff
Bill

i used a hair dryer, it straightened it out, but after a few days it gradually went back to being crooked again :(

was going to chip away a bit at the pole connector like you suggested but it's so small i am afraid of breaking the thing.

will just display him in a different angle for now.

i twisted the plastic spear tip till the knobby bit wore away and ended up fitting a bit better. it's not a great fit but it's more secure then before.

stoopid me broke the sword on my replacement sword arm :slap so i'm buying another one. anyone know what Sideshow will charge me?

new sword arm is on the way :) gotta remember not to break replacements :cuckoo:

Sideshow customer service replaced both the raised and lowered sword arms as well as the sword hand and the flagstaff for my statue. The problem was basically magnets that were too weak which resulted in both arms falling onto the floor (I was positive that the up-raised arm would stay even with a weak magnet… APPARENTLY NOT!) and chipping and breaking the sword hand. The flagstaff had the same chipped out area at the top so the spike wouldn't stay in at all. They were very cooperative which frankly, although I have always had excellent service before, I didn't expect with such a long list of needed parts. All they needed was the usual photographs and there were no other questions.

I'd suggest everyone make sure that the magnets in the arms are sufficient to hold them in and if there's any question at all put a little bit of something extra (earthquake putty or whatever) into the arm holes to make sure they stay there!

how did you manage to break it? :rotfl

tried adjusting the forks on the sword to make them look better and broke one :slap

gfdill my flag is chipped at the top too but i didn't bother asking for a replacement for it because the flag looks good.
i kept twisting the plastic spike until it fit ok, not exactly straight but ok.

tried adjusting the forks on the sword to make them look better and broke one :slap

gfdill my flag is chipped at the top too but i didn't bother asking for a replacement for it because the flag looks good.
i kept twisting the plastic spike until it fit ok, not exactly straight but ok.

It will likely be a problem going forward for a lot of people so I'm going to be extra careful and, perhaps not display the spike at all if I can't come up with some kind of semi-permanent removable fix. As you say the flag just by itself is gorgeous. It might even fit better into my shelving without the extra couple of inches. We shall see. :hi5:

It will likely be a problem going forward for a lot of people so I'm going to be extra careful and, perhaps not display the spike at all if I can't come up with some kind of semi-permanent removable fix. As you say the flag just by itself is gorgeous. It might even fit better into my shelving without the extra couple of inches. We shall see. :hi5:

the flag is gorgeous that's why i didn't ask for a replacement. it seems the chips at the top on the pole are common and i had to be carefull twisting the plastic spike because i didn't want to break my flag :doh

From in stock to sold out... weird

agreed :dunno

Back