Statue Boromir Maquette...Links to buy and waitlist in 1st post !!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mine arrived today ... #90

The leather strap on the wrist is broken but I can fix it. But it also took me 30 mins just get the metal peg into the base. As a modeller I own a number of small files and chisels so it wasn't hard. Just time consuming.

Arrrggghhh...

I just got mine, and like too many others, I have a problem. What I can't decide is whether it is bad enough to go through the whole return process, since everything else is almost perfect.

Here's the issue. The sword blade wasn't properly glued into the hand, and it is at a noticeably different angle from the grip:

boromir1.jpg

Ideally, I would love to be able to just replace that one piece, but I haven't contacted Sideshow yet to see if that would even be possible.

What do you all think? Would that drive you crazy, or am I just being too OCD about it?

Would heat it up with a blow dryer help at all? If you have to replace it I would think the arm would be easy enough.

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

I know its a crappy pic. But doesn't hurt to share. I received mine today and luckily it came intact. There's sloppy paint job here and there but i guess I can live with it. Whats important is its not broken. To my other fellow collectors here who received theirs broken I really am sorry. I share your disappointments and frustrations. To have waited this long, paid in full, get a broken statue and be denied of customer service for a replacement is just totally not acceptable. For them to tell us to just glue it is outageously ridiculous. Mine also didn't come with a quality control seal. Tsk Tsk Tsk.:tap

Pill - pics look good and thanks for sharing. :duff

I haven't tried that, but I don't think it would help since the problem isn't in the blade itself, it is the glue, and I don't think heating would affect that.

that's true but if you heat it over that area it might cause it to come loose. probably not though.

Received mine today and it's a great statue. Dynamic pose in the wind is capured very well, paint is good too. One of the strap on the left hand shows a break line (but is not broken). I only noticed it because I read some comments here.

With that being said, I purchased the Exclusive from Sideshow because the raised arm was the only way I wanted to display him.
I paid the Sideshow price for the raised arm.
I paid a 59 € VAT for the raised arm.

So after reading confused comments about Ex and Reg, and using links from the first page, I go to the Sideshow website and discover that the lowered arm suddenly became the Ex ?!?!? I checked the official pics infos and all seem to have been updated yesterday.

So two scenarios :
1) Sideshow screw up big time, and trying to cover it without telling us.
2) I'm imagining things and I apologize for annoying this forum with it.

Pic courtesy of Woodsy on page 57 of this very thread

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88401&page=57

BoromirMaq8.png

I am getting everything sorted out by Sideshow. At the end of the e-mail when they were talking about sending it back, it turns out it did say exchange or refund, but I had to go back and read it closely because I missed it. It was not the same e-mail response I've gotten in the past and it threw me off. Things weren't worded the way I was used to and the other options listed in the bulk of the e-mail caused a bit of a misunderstanding. So I went back through the thread and deleted my comments (and any quotation of the comments) and I apologize for any confusion. This is definitely a relief for me, and my faith in Sideshow is restored. I think they are just making other suggestions first so that customers have multiple options when it comes to damaged product. But communicate clearly (and, ahem, read their communications clearly), and they should take good care of you.

:duff

I am getting everything sorted out by Sideshow. At the end of the e-mail when they were talking about sending it back, it turns out it did say exchange or refund, but I had to go back and read it closely because I missed it. It was not the same e-mail response I've gotten in the past and it threw me off. Things weren't worded the way I was used to and the other options listed in the bulk of the e-mail caused a bit of a misunderstanding. So I went back through the thread and deleted my comments (and any quotation of the comments) and I apologize for any confusion. This is definitely a relief for me, and my faith in Sideshow is restored. I think they are just making other suggestions first so that customers have multiple options when it comes to damaged product. But communicate clearly (and, ahem, read their communications clearly), and they should take good care of you.

Excellent! There is hope!

Received mine today and it's a great statue. Dynamic pose in the wind is capured very well, paint is good too. One of the strap on the left hand shows a break line (but is not broken). I only noticed it because I read some comments here.

With that being said, I purchased the Exclusive from Sideshow because the raised arm was the only way I wanted to display him.
I paid the Sideshow price for the raised arm.
I paid a 59 € VAT for the raised arm.

So after reading confused comments about Ex and Reg, and using links from the first page, I go to the Sideshow website and discover that the lowered arm suddenly became the Ex ?!?!? I checked the official pics infos and all seem to have been updated yesterday.

So two scenarios :
1) Sideshow screw up big time, and trying to cover it without telling us.
2) I'm imagining things and I apologize for annoying this forum with it.

Pic courtesy of Woodsy on page 57 of this very thread

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88401&page=57

BoromirMaq8.png

Holly Crapiola!!! They did change it!!
When I double-checked 4 hours ago, it was still the raised arm exclusive, now it's switched to lowered arm!
Shady Shady Shady.

Great news, please keep us posted of your replacement. I believe our chance to get one without broken strap/cracked is very slim to none.

I'm an exclusive whore, so I don't care, but it isn't right for people who ordered it thinking it was the only way to get the raised arm and paying more.

Also, if you have anything that is wrong with your statue, even if you fix it, I would let Sideshow know. They need to get in touch with Hong Kong and tell them their quality control stinks!

Didn't the Ex cost more though?

Same thru Sideshow, but you could get the regular on ebay or vendors for less, or same, but with free shipping.

And for all those who now think there is hope for a replacement - You are out of your minds! You really think that sideshow are going to recast 99% of the run, 1500 statues, as a replacement to the original 1500?

I'm not trying to call any one person out, but it is this attitude of, "I don't care, I got the exclusive anyway," that is letting SS get away with this crap. And that's what it is, crap!

People ordered the exclusive thinking they could only get the raised arm through SS and then that very same company turns around and alters the description because of their screw-up.

I'm sorry, but I don't roll over that easy and neither should this community. Yes we bicker about paint, hairline fractures and paint, but after paying $250 and up for a statue I think we earn the right to bicker.

If you ordered the exclusive, I urge you to contact SS and let them know that changing a product's description after it ships is not okay.

Ah who cares. The raised arm is the better of the two options so that's a win for us all IMO.

Who cares ? Really Josh, I'm surprised by your comment.

I care when I pay 59 € VAT for an exclusive that is not the exclusive I ordered in the first place.
I care when I could have saved $20 more by ordering this "new" regular edition with raised arm from a retailer instead of direct from Sideshow.
And I care when promotion materials and products themselves are changed without any notice to the customers, leaving them no choice to keep or not to keep their orders.

I agree, the raised arm as the regular is great for everyone, but it's upsetting too. I'm all about getting exclusives when I can, but I did not have the money to buy this right now. Yes, it was my choice to not cancel the preorder when it converted, and I'm super excited to be getting Boromir tomorrow. I thought the raised arm really made the piece, and the appropriate sacrifices are being made to balance out the costs. Though had I known I could have waited until I actually had the money and gotten the same pose, or at least picked it up somewhere else a little cheaper, I definitely would have.

IMG_0480.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg

Some quick iPhone photos. Regardless of the controversy surrounding this piece, it truly is a top-notch piece. Both in terms of paint and headsculpt.

Glad to have Boromir in the collection; sort out the problems and keep 'em coming!

Back