Statue Boromir Maquette...Links to buy and waitlist in 1st post !!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Boromir Maquette...Buy NOW!!. Links in 1st post !!.

Well I guess I missed that then, 'cause I didn't sense any sarcasm whatsoever....:duff

Good. :hi5: I re-read that and was like damn that sounds like I'm being an ass. :lol Not that some don't think that of me already :lol but still don't want to come across that way.

Right if you start listing things something is going to be at the bottom. :lol I just wouldn't put Gimli there as I think he's one of the strongest in every aspect especially so seeing it at Comic-Con.

No, Gimli is the weakest so far, and you all need to cancel him so my wait list converts.

:wink1:

Yeah, seeing Gimli and especially the Orc blood on his axe at SDCC elevated him above Aragorn for me. My least favorite is Legolas for some strange reason.

No, Gimli is the weakest so far, and you all need to cancel him so my wait list converts.

:wink1:

I can't sorry Tom. You're one of my favorite people but I just can't. :lol

Yeah, seeing Gimli and especially the Orc blood on his axe at SDCC elevated him above Aragorn for me. My least favorite is Legolas for some strange reason.

The problem for me is all of them to me looked so dam good I have hard time picking one I like less. I realize thats the MO that some think of me anyways but I really loved what I saw. I would go with Arwen just because she's never been a character I felt I had to have, but I like this one enough to get the maquette.

As it's arrival date draws closer, and with the glowing reports coming out of SDCC Gimli's popularity seems to be on the upswing, but I still think the officially sold out Boromir will be the most sought after of the maquettes produced so far.

BoromirMaq8.png

Both Gimli and Boromir were impressive to say the least. Looking forward to the end of this year and start of next with these two pieces for sure. :rock

Woodsy, you'll be happy to know that my recommendation for a second headsculpt to compliment the arm-down pose has been sent to SS. Thought you might want to know :peace

That is excellent news. :clap There's no guarantee SS will add the 2nd headsculpt, but it never hurts to ask. And the more people who ask, the greater the odds SS will listen to us. In light of the rave reviews coming out of SDCC I'm a bit surprised the Boromir excl. is still available [about 30 left] but I can guarantee had SS included the 2nd headsculpt it would have sold out long before the event ever started.

In a flurry of e-mail activity I also sent off the following to Sideshow.

"The new LOTR maquette line has greatly renewed my interest in collecting statues from my lifelong favorite book series and the ensuing film adaptation.

The new approach to capturing the "essence" of the characters and the remarkable likenesses to the actors that portrayed them has led me to order every piece offered so far.

The Boromir maquette is one of my favorites. If it were possible at this stage of development I would like to see a second head sculpt offered to go with the switch-out raised and lowered arms. In my opinion, a closed-mouth head would be more consistent with the arm in the lowered position as well as offer the collector a very significant change in display possibilities.

Thanks for taking our opinions as collectors into account!"

This was the reply (the next day… I've always thought Sideshow had excellent customer service).

"Please know I have forwarded your email to our production team. Our aim is to create the best collectible possible and collector feedback is essential to this process. Thank you so much for your interest in our products!"

I'm sure there's still room for a few more e-mails in this regard and as you say, "It never hurts to ask.".

In a flurry of e-mail activity I also sent off the following to Sideshow.

"The new LOTR maquette line has greatly renewed my interest in collecting statues from my lifelong favorite book series and the ensuing film adaptation.

The new approach to capturing the "essence" of the characters and the remarkable likenesses to the actors that portrayed them has led me to order every piece offered so far.

The Boromir maquette is one of my favorites. If it were possible at this stage of development I would like to see a second head sculpt offered to go with the switch-out raised and lowered arms. In my opinion, a closed-mouth head would be more consistent with the arm in the lowered position as well as offer the collector a very significant change in display possibilities.

Thanks for taking our opinions as collectors into account!"

I'm sure there's still room for a few more e-mails in this regard and as you say, "It never hurts to ask.".

That is a fine letter! :clap You're right, chances are slim that SS will opt to go with the 2nd headsculpt, but it never hurts to ask. :lecture

As it's arrival date draws closer, and with the glowing reports coming out of SDCC Gimli's popularity seems to be on the upswing, but I still think the officially sold out Boromir will be the most sought after of the maquettes produced so far.

BoromirMaq8.png

Do you still pay the 25 dollar deposit to get on the wait list??

Do you still pay the 25 dollar deposit to get on the wait list??
Don't think so...not until you decide to let the waitlist item CONVERT will you be charged...but you probably have to give them CC information regardless so they can automate the charge for you...

Ok thanks, I think that's a bit unclear but understandable.

Dear *****:

You recently placed a reservation for an item on our Wait List. Due to recent cancellations and credit card declines, one of these items has become available for fulfillment to you from our U.S. warehouse.

Best regards,
The Sideshow Customer Service Team

Sideshow Collectibles
2630 Conejo Spectrum Street
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320 USA

Hi folks!!! this email just came in for my waitlist boromir exclusive. im a newbie here so i would appreciate guidance from the pros here what i should do. will sideshow charge me for 249.99 plus shipping right away for this product or will they just charge me with 25 bucks for the reservation?

Dear *****:

You recently placed a reservation for an item on our Wait List. Due to recent cancellations and credit card declines, one of these items has become available for fulfillment to you from our U.S. warehouse.

Best regards,
The Sideshow Customer Service Team

Sideshow Collectibles
2630 Conejo Spectrum Street
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320 USA

Hi folks!!! this email just came in for my waitlist boromir exclusive. im a newbie here so i would appreciate guidance from the pros here what i should do. will sideshow charge me for 249.99 plus shipping right away for this product or will they just charge me with 25 bucks for the reservation?

I got the same email. You get charged the 25 now, not refundable, and the remainder plus shipping in February, or more likely April, when this actually ships

I got the same email. You get charged the 25 now, not refundable, and the remainder plus shipping in February, or more likely April, when this actually ships

thanks for that valuable information bro

I also got this today, why so many cancellations?

They're not really cancellations, but more likely just the overage number which Sideshow is now releasing into circulation. If they were true cancellations, conversions would be much closer or just at shipping time.

Fear not, the line is strong. :lecture

Cancellations happen for any number of reasons. There may have been a few yesterday. Just means they had people who decided to opt out and now you're getting a chance to opt in. Not sure what Fury means by overage numbers its not any held back just incase.

In regards to the waitlist e-mail I got it yesterday and it said i have till 9-21 when it converts to an order to cancel.

So I login to cancel the waitlist and its already converted to an order (9/20) and I check my e-mail it says its now an order.

Will there be a problem with the $25 refund if I cancel today.

The e-mail from Sideshow said i have till 9/21 but they converted it to an order today.

Back