Statue Boromir Maquette...Links to buy and waitlist in 1st post !!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Boromir Maquette...Buy NOW!!. Links in 1st post !!.

For me it's:

Boromir
Gimli

Aragorn, GTG, and Legolas are tied.

Arwen

Not sure where I would put the Snow Troll...it is impressive but not a piece I have room for.

I would rank Boromir first in this line out of the pieces I've seen so far.

I personally wouldn't include the Snow Troll. Different scale, different base. Great statue, but it seems like a little something different to throw in under the vido game license rather than another entry in this matching maquette lineup. If I get the troll, it will be as a complementary piece and not as a member of the uniformly scaled/based maquette family.

Ha! There are no antics. Sometimes the low quantity bar just decides to disappear when it gets below a certain amount (some kind of weird glitchy thing in the system). There's only 1 piece left of the Exclusive version (I just checked), so unless there are some cancellations I'm going to wager this piece could be sold out VERY soon. Which I'm pretty excited about...it's a super awesome statue!

SideshowAlex

Looks like you were right Alex. A friend of mine just ordered one of these and look what popped up after he got his order number.

BoromirMaq7.png

A friend of mine just ordered one of these...

You have friends, woodsy? :lol

JK, but seriously, why did they wait so long to order? This is one amazing statue and not one to remain on the fence about.

You have friends, woodsy? :lol

Yeah, who knew.......:dunno :lol

JK, but seriously, why did they wait so long to order? This is one amazing statue and not one to remain on the fence about.

It had more to do with getting 'sucked into' this line than anything else. He's seen my Aragorn and Gandalf maquettes on numerous occasions and has always commented on how fantastic they look and he just figured if he bought this one [his personal favourite so far], it would inevitably lead to him wanting the others....and since he fully intends to put himself on the waitlists for Gimli and Legolas it looks like that's exactly what's happening......:lol

In that case, great work on the recruitment! :hi5:

This line has been a pleasant surprise to me and is my focus now.

In that case, great work on the recruitment! :hi5:

This line has been a pleasant surprise to me and is my focus now.

I can't really take any credit.....this line is doing an amazing job of selling itself. :lecture

I personally wouldn't include the Snow Troll. Different scale, different base. Great statue, but it seems like a little something different to throw in under the video game license rather than another entry in this matching maquette lineup. If I get the troll, it will be as a complementary piece and not as a member of the uniformly scaled/based maquette family.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose. I very much consider the Troll part of the line as much as I did any beast statue from the SSW line. I will buy the Snow Troll as a part of this line and a physical look at a troll race Tolkien talks about.

I will buy the Snow Troll as a part of this line and a physical look at a troll race Tolkien talks about.

Once, in an appendix, as an illustrative reference. :lecture

Different strokes. After all, I do want Bombadil in this line. :lol

Its also mentioned in a couple other books I have that go on about characters of middle earth. :lecture

Indeed! Different strokes.

Once, in an appendix, as an illustrative reference. :lecture

Different strokes. After all, I do want Bombadil in this line. :lol

I know Tolkien's references to a Snow Troll are scant, and I may have taken issue with that myself, but let's face it......you'ld have to be legally blind not to notice this troll as being based on Weta's conceptual design of the Cave Troll. Which does make alot of sense considering the design rights are owned by Warner Bros., the same guys producing the video game.

Alright, I give in. If either of you pushers want to buy me a Snow Troll, I will gladly find room for him in my newly christened LOTR section of my Bestas.

Deal? ;)

Alright, I give in. If either of you pushers want to buy me a Snow Troll, I will gladly find room for him in my newly christened LOTR section of my Bestas.

Deal? ;)
This.

I've said it once already. It isn't that I would kick the Troll out of my museum, it's just that I don't put enough of a priority on it to buy it for myself. There are way too many other things that I want more, so I have to choose.

So, as soon as one of the generous benefactors among the denizens of SSF steps up to the plate, I'll gladly accept your gift, and even sing your praises to any and all who will hear. :D

P.S. Ain't Bestas great? Every single time I take someone to my museum for the first time, there is always an audible gasp when I open the door, and I really think that the Bestas add to that impact.

Last edited:

I barely can afford one for myself. So don't look here. :lol

I am extremely tempted to buy both of you guys one.....can I just think over your generous offers for awhile? :monkey3 :lol

Yeah! Bombadil is mentioned a LOT more than the Snow Troll! Where is the outrage from Snow Troll fans about his glaring absence from this line? Hmmmm?? :lol

I enjoyed reading the part he's in more so I've softened on him overall but he would be a character I would pass on most likely.

Back