Statue Boromir Maquette...Links to buy and waitlist in 1st post !!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been reading some who had similar problems with having weak magnet. Well, the only solution I can think of is putting Bostik Blu-Tack or similar putty-like adhesive inside the arm slot. At least this is reusable and non-permanent, so you can still switch it with the lowered arm whenever you feel like it. Hope this helps.

that is so cheap and tacky though :( i don't want to have to put blu-tack in my collectible Boromir that cost me $340 to buy :slap

that is so cheap and tacky though :( i don't want to have to put blu-tack in my collectible Boromir that cost me $340 to buy :slap

Well, it's going to be hidden anyway. IMO, it's gonna do the job of holding the arm's weight. Maybe for some, it won't look good (if they could even see it). Otherwise, he/she can just contact SS for a replacement if not happy at all. Maybe you have another suggestion?

Has yours arrived yet? :)

Is anyone else experiencing issues with the raised arm? I can barely have it holding the sword without the whole thing falling out. I made sure I had the cape behind the horn like its supposed to but it can't hold the weight.

Any solutions on how to fix this? :(

that's an easy fix man, seriously. Just wrap some bounty tissue paper around the magnet and stick it in the arm hole and you done...

Well, it's going to be hidden anyway. IMO, it's gonna do the job of holding the arm's weight. Maybe for some, it won't look good (if they could even see it). Otherwise, he/she can just contact SS for a replacement if not happy at all. Maybe you have another suggestion?

Has yours arrived yet? :)

according to Fed Ex mines in Singapore, another day or so. gosh i wish i could look forward to recieving this, all i seem to be doing is anticipating the damage there will be :confused:

that's an easy fix man, seriously. Just wrap some bounty tissue paper around the magnet and stick it in the arm hole and you done...

what's bounty tissue? i wonder if plumbers tape would help?

Its weird that you have do to this for something that you paid 340$can.!?:what:

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

you and me both pal.I paid the extra for CA tax as well so ya.

Count me in. Same for me. I paid around 50$can of duty and taxes to get this.

Sideshow offered me a full refund because of broken straps and lazy eye. They will refund also the extra shipping that you had to pay. So if you want to return, i think sideshow will approve

Im waiting a answer from sideshow to exchange my lazy eye head. If they do, i might consider keeping the exclusive cause i like the lowered arm. From the side that i put Boromir on my cabinet, we see better the face, armor and the sword.

according to Fed Ex mines in Singapore, another day or so. gosh i wish i could look forward to recieving this, all i seem to be doing is anticipating the damage there will be :confused:

what's bounty tissue? i wonder if plumbers tape would help?

Hey I'm in sg too! Haha

I find that my magnets to be very weak too. I barely brushed it and it almost took a nose dive.

Its weird that you have do to this for something that you paid 340$can.!?:what:

this actually wasnt a big deal for me, because once secured you never touch it and it doesnt detract from the statue when displayed as it's completely hidden.

but you should realized a long time ago all those statues are cheaply made in some makeshift chinese factory with unskilled workers. They are not quality precision products like the traditional highend collectible brands such as swarovski, lladro etc.. where defect/imperfection is expected to be 0.

The $300 "value" is only perceived based on the brand name, not actual, not too different from a market bubble.

ps: bigbunny, i just mean some paper towel. i guess you guys dont have bounty brand in aussie :)

… They are not quality precision products like the traditional highend collectible brands such as swarovski, lladro etc.. where defect/imperfection is expected to be 0...

Hoo, i didnt know about those highend collectible brand.
Im going to take a look. Is there any highend brand that make LOTR statue?

Count me in. Same for me. I paid around 50$can of duty and taxes to get this.

Sideshow offered me a full refund because of broken straps and lazy eye. They will refund also the extra shipping that you had to pay. So if you want to return, i think sideshow will approve

x2. I ordered the ex because of the raised arm and paid $70 in shipping + $100 in importtax, customs and fedex fees - a total of $420. And got broken straps too.

Had I ordered the reg from my usual german retailer I would have paid $285 - 225 euros (free shipping and no taxes)

No point in returning for a refund as fedex will still charge me $100 in importtax.

Breakages, blue-tac, changing the exclusive so people who paid extra - plus extra shipping and VAT charges for overseas customers - for the exclusive could have saved some money by buying a regular closer to home.....

Good thing the overall statue looks so good otherwise Sideshow would be getting a major lynching right now.

Well, sigh of relief here. My Boromir arrived today, and although he does have one broken strap, the wire is still attached so I bent it back and will just touch it up. The other strap is intact, he has no lazy eye and no other damage, even though there is a big gash in the shipper. My arm magnets hold fine as well. So on the whole, relieved, but still a bit miffed they changed the EX.

Anyone run into an issue where the head does not sit flush with the neck base? I've got a gap on mine. Otherwise everything else came in perfect (although the strap also needs to be tweaked). I tried to cut away as much of the neck base already but the gap is still there.
boromirx.jpg

Last edited:
So i decided to keep mine and will get a repaint job by josh.

Ex 155/500

So i decided to keep mine and will get a repaint job by josh.

Ex 155/500

Hope you will post some pics of Boromir when you get him back for Josh. :stick

He does some great work, wish I could use him myself.

Hope you don't mind if I ask you how much he charges for a head repaint, joblain.

My Arwen is currently in Josh's hands, I am contemplating sending him Aragorn and Boromir.

Would love to see how she turns out slynger

He did a great job on another members Arwen.

Arwen_Josh_Repaint.png

Think I would like her a little darker in the eyes though.

Arwenheadexre-paint_Bill.jpg

Please post some pics when you get her back slynger.

Josh :rock

:duff
Bill

the price is not unreasonable compared to the quality of work and what others charge. Not sure if we should post the quotes, just send him a pm he's very easy to deal with and will give you a direct answer.

make sure you guys post finished photos, i am especially curious to see what he will do to the other pieces. It still brings a smile to my face everytime i look at the arwen's new head paint, just so great.

I've never had a piece repainted, but after seeing his work and lining up another piece for a repaint, Arwen was the perfect candidate.

Back