Statue Boromir Maquette...Links to buy and waitlist in 1st post !!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine came in and the armor does not look as bright silver as the pics here, its quire dark. Thankfully though, I love the darker look. Anyways just got the samsung s3, its pretty crappy in low light hence the crappy pics but I was super excited to get this piece:

Even with the following:

20120618_103918.jpg

20120618_104343-1.jpg

I will be having some lotr fans coming over soon I went out, grabbed some glue and fixed it. Looks pretty good now but with small cracks obviously. Hopefully sideshow will do something about it.

The box arrived pretty banged up and the styrofoam was taped together with a 3 cm gap all around so I could actually see the piece before even removing the styrofoam. lol Do ya guys reckon I'll get some compensation for this?

But without further ado my first lotr collectible:

20120618_104918.jpg

20120618_104950.jpg

20120618_105039.jpg

20120618_105050.jpg

#378 out of 500

Mine came in and the armor does not look as bright silver as the pics here, its quire dark. Thankfully though, I love the darker look. Anyways just got the samsung s3, its pretty crappy in low light hence the crappy pics but I was super excited to get this piece:

Even with the following:

20120618_103918.jpg

20120618_104343-1.jpg

I will be having some lotr fans coming over soon I went out, grabbed some glue and fixed it. Looks pretty good now but with small cracks obviously. Hopefully sideshow will do something about it.

The box arrived pretty banged up and the styrofoam was taped together with a 3 cm gap all around so I could actually see the piece before even removing the styrofoam. lol Do ya guys reckon I'll get some compensation for this?

20120618_104918.jpg

20120618_104950.jpg

20120618_105039.jpg

20120618_105050.jpg

#378 out of 500

Wow. That was some serious mishandling by the postal service (I'm assuming it may have also been opened by customs or something ) :horror

I would have sent it back and not attempted the repair and SSC could have sorted something out.
Some serious devaluing of the piece with not only the damage to the figure, but box as well. If you were ever to sell this then it would be a long time I think before anyone would want it except at a bargain price.

Bad luck this happened to you :peace

Even with the following:

20120618_103918.jpg

20120618_104343-1.jpg

20120618_104918.jpg

20120618_104950.jpg

20120618_105039.jpg

20120618_105050.jpg

#378 out of 500

Sorry to see that, especially as it's your first piece :(

I hope this doesn't put you off ordering any further pieces from the line. In my experience, this is quite a rare occurence. Please don't take this as an example of how SS collectables usually arrive lol

Sigh...

LOTR line, why can't I quit you?

Some of you may know that my family and I have recently purchased our first house, and to recoup some of the cash I had used in my down payment and closing costs, I've decided to sell my LOTR collection. I've sold six of my eight PFs, and a few of my Sideshow Weta pieces, and made the decision this Friday to add my Aragorn EX maquette to the sales list (I made the decision when this line was first announced that I didn't need to be a completionist in the LOTR maquette line; I passed on Gandalf [I have / had too many versions of Gandalf as it is]), sold both Legolas and Gimli, and passed on Arwen.

I was sure I would put the Boromir EX maquette up for sale (at cost) once I received it.

But I can't.

This piece is just too nice.

The longtime LOTR thread posters / followers know I've posted ad nauseum for my desire for a Boromir PF in his Gondorian armor (while I still that a PF in this style with a rich fabric cape and a fabric flag would be awesome, I also agree that a Boromir in FOTR garb would be fantastic...simply, put we need TWO Boromir PFs!); having said, that this maquette is the next best thing.

Simply amazing. One minor detail that I like (and haven't seen mentioned) is the finish of the underside of the base. I don't know if the previous maquettes had the same kind of finish or not (I don't think that Aragorn did), but I haven't seen this before in other maquettes, PFs, or dios.

I have the bent / broken strap too, which was kind of annoying. Does it affect the overall presence of the piece? No. Should we expect a perfect piece for the price we pay? Yes. So I'm going to send an e-mail to Sideshow about it. I want a perfect piece, but it may be too much to ask for considering how widespread this issue is.

So for now I'm keeping Aragorn and Boromir.

"The lords of Gondor have returned".

LOTR, I can't let you go yet...

Last edited:
DinoDb, there is no shame in buying back all the maquette pieces again, you know you want the full fellowship hehe. But you are not getting that sauron back :lol

------------------------

ss contacted me today, no more replacement body left for boromir, guess i was too late to the party. Wasnt pleased but they offered a $50 credit (~20% discount), guess that will have to do as I am tired having him on the dining table. Time for some epoxy & black paint.

----------------------------

Let's not suggest people remove information in order to get one over. :duff

Comeon josh, you know that's not fair. Fremen wasnt suggesting anything bad, it was just a warning to a new guy who got a broken statue from sideshow.

And the fact you are perfectly fine with sideshow secretly changing their product spec on the ex mixup AFTER taking our money and shipping the statue...you know that's the definition of committing consumer product fraud. They are lucky most of their buyers are just bunch of kids/comic geeks or fans who dont care. Try to pull that in the securities or food industry and see what happens.

I think we should mobilise some kind of petition about the change of product feature/description after charging. There are enough of us here to sign a joint letter or something.

I think we should mobilise some kind of petition about the change of product feature/description after charging. There are enough of us here to sign a joint letter or something.

that will accomplish...exactly nothing. you need to bring legal action or file with the bbb in their state but who has the time for that. It's just a fun hobby for me at least...

But you are not getting that sauron back :lol

CURSE YOU!!!! :monkey2 :mad:

Just kidding. Sauron went to a worthy owner.

And the fact you are perfectly fine with sideshow secretly changing their product spec on the ex mixup AFTER taking our money and shipping the statue...you know that's the definition of committing consumer product fraud. They are lucky most of their buyers are just bunch of kids/comic geeks or fans who dont care. Try to pull that in the securities or food industry and see what happens.

Yes, I have an issue with that as well. It really doesn't affect those of us that ordered the EX, but still, it's the principle of the matter.

It's a moot point, but I still wished we would have gotten two portraits.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96856

Personally, the raised arm creates the cooler display option so that's an upgrade for those just getting the reg. Those getting the ex still get both so it's a non factor as it gives you multiple display options if you choose to change things out.

Personally, the raised arm creates the cooler display option so that's an upgrade for those just getting the reg. Those getting the ex still get both so it's a non factor as it gives you multiple display options if you choose to change things out.

you are missing the point.

Wait what?! I could have gotten this piece for much cheaper at my lcs! Now the regular comes with the up raised hand?! I bought the exclusive because of the up raised hand. On top of a broken piece I paid more for something extra that I didn't even want. Just great. :(
I feel really cheated.

Wait what?! I could have gotten this piece for much cheaper at my lcs! Now the regular comes with the up raised hand?! I bought the exclusive because of the up raised hand. On top of a broken piece I paid more for something extra that I didn't even want. Just great. :(
I feel really cheated.

you and me both pal.I paid the extra for CA tax as well so ya.

Is anyone else experiencing issues with the raised arm? I can barely have it holding the sword without the whole thing falling out. I made sure I had the cape behind the horn like its supposed to but it can't hold the weight.

Any solutions on how to fix this? :(

Is anyone else experiencing issues with the raised arm? I can barely have it holding the sword without the whole thing falling out. I made sure I had the cape behind the horn like its supposed to but it can't hold the weight.

Any solutions on how to fix this? :(

I've been reading some who had similar problems with having weak magnet. Well, the only solution I can think of is putting Bostik Blu-Tack or similar putty-like adhesive inside the arm slot. At least this is reusable and non-permanent, so you can still switch it with the lowered arm whenever you feel like it. Hope this helps.

Back