Statue Aragorn Maquette - Link in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Aragorn Maquette - Order NOW, link in 1st post.

Hmmm, Got on the waitlist for the exclusive on October 29th and looks like it's converting. :rock

Awesome! This piece I am truly looking forward to, and hope it ships sooner rather than later. But the ease of conversions has me concerned for the stability of the line.

Yeah, I never intended to get any of these because I had accepted my Weta pseudo-Fellowship. But I think I've decided that it's ok to mix and match so I will replace any Weta 1/6 Fellowship statue with the equivalent Sideshow as long as I think it's better.

Great news! I've been impatiently waiting for this line to get underway with the shipment of the first piece. So I'm guessing this means you have three payments though, which really implies a ship date of around February. Is this correct?

Still too long to wait. :(

Means he's probably shipping in Feb/March.

I've been toying with the idea of canceling my exclusive with Sideshow, and ordering a regular from BBTS, since I have a $50 store credit with them, and it would bring Aragorn to around $170 for me. But I don't want to cancel because I want to support the line which already seems shaky with almost instant waitlist conversions on a piece which has said sold out for over six months. Then of course, I think about how I will display this piece, and I prefer the exclusive unhooded head.

I will keep my order... :D

I've been toying with the idea of canceling my exclusive with Sideshow, and ordering a regular from BBTS, since I have a $50 store credit with them, and it would bring Aragorn to around $170 for me. But I don't want to cancel because I want to support the line which already seems shaky with almost instant waitlist conversions on a piece which has said sold out for over six months. Then of course, I think about how I will display this piece, and I prefer the exclusive unhooded head.

I will keep my order... :D

I'm glad you were able to work that out without our assistance. :wave

You really need a show your shelves thread. Sounds like you have an enormous collection.

Please don't cancel Aragorn...

You really need a show your shelves thread. Sounds like you have an enormous collection.

Please don't cancel Aragorn...

It's not an enormous collection, but it's a small collection of big things. :lol

Aragorn is safe...for now. :panic:

There's no way i'm cancelling this statue. Whenever i think it's too expensive or how it may not fit the rest of my black-based collection, all i have to do is look at the photos again!
And the exclusive is far, far better than the reg. Might see if i can add my reward points onto this.

You cant add RP to an already placed order. Sorry Frodo.

Aragorn as Strider is such a fantastic piece :clap. I'm really looking forward to his arrival :yess:. Sure hope the paint on the production version lives up to the standard of Trev's sculpt (AWESOME). I have the Exclusive on order :yess:. Really hope this line has legs and we at least get the full Fellowship out of it :yess:.

Bill

Aragorn as Strider is such a fantastic piece :clap. I'm really looking forward to his arrival :yess:. Sure hope the paint on the production version lives up to the standard of Trev's sculpt (AWESOME). I have the Exclusive on order :yess:. Really hope this line has legs and we at least get the full Fellowship out of it :yess:.

Bill

Welcome Bill! No doubt, things are certainly slow right now, but I do think this line has the legs to go the distance....though it's going to resemble a marathon more than a sprint I'm afraid. :lecture

Welcome Bill! No doubt, things are certainly slow right now, but I do think this line has the legs to go the distance....though it's going to resemble a marathon more than a sprint I'm afraid. :lecture
That will do me fine woodsy. I would like to see new figures being produced every couple of months or so, but a slower 'marathon' pace will be better for my finances :lol.

On a side note: I sure wish SS would feed us a good deal more info on this range's development :pray:.

Bill

Me too! Just a bit of info would be nice rather than simple conjecture from our friendly Dusty on these boards. A more formal source of development information would be appreciated.

On a side note: I sure wish SS would feed us a good deal more info on this range's development :pray:.

Bill
Me too! Just a bit of info would be nice rather than simple conjecture from our friendly Dusty on these boards. A more formal source of development information would be appreciated.

There's just no pleasing some of you guys. :lecture It was a mere 4 1/2 month's ago [July 22nd to be exact] that SS opened the floodgates and revealed to us the Legolas and Gimli maquette excl's. What more do you guys expect from SS?.......:monkey3 :wink1:

Back