Statue Aragorn Maquette - Link in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Aragorn Maquette Teaser

Looks excellent.

In my opinion, except in regards to available funds and space issues, Sideshow's lines haven't really affected the value of the original SS/Weta lines.

Easy to manufacture (compared to PF's) and priced accordingly, this line should go far.

Now all we need is a new dio.

I know SS doesn't like to revisit scenes that have already been portrayed in dio form, but I recently acquired the Walls of Helms Deep dio from another board member at a great price. As I was setting it up I was thinking how cool it would be to have another Walls of Helms Deep dio featuring Gimli and Legolas instead.

I only wish we would get half as many products as the Marvel line does.

This video sparked my interest. My initial reaction was "not another LOTR line," but after seeing the work in progress, I have to admit that it looks like it's coming together nicely.

I'm not impressed by the video to be honest. I am looking forward to a Strider though... can't wait to see the finished product.

I'm not impressed by the video to be honest. I am looking forward to a Strider though... can't wait to see the finished product.

I really don't know why they don't make them full-size videos instead of downsizing them for a tease. :cuckoo:

Any guesses as to the price?

I'd be surprised if it was under $200, but you never know.

It's looking good so far and as I suspected, preview/pre-order for SDCC.

However, for the most part, I intend to pass on this line, with maybe an exception or two. While I'd really want an Arwen PF, if they get a Maquette just perfect and it fits right in with the SSW statues, then i'd get that to swap out the SSW Arwen. Then I'd still get a PF if they did a great one.

Apart from that, my main interest will likely be in characters that have been missed, like Faramir.

Still, this line will be good for those that are just starting out. They now have choices between SSW on ebay, SS PF's and dio's or new 1/6th statues.

Great, looks good so far with more detail. I will also probably pick up the ones that have characters not made before. PF's for me are where my money is going nowadays. :wave

i agree! PF's all the way! as i've said before, there's really no sense starting another LOTR line when the existing lines are barely getting any love and attention from sideshow at all.

thank god it's fully sculpted.

As DINO points out, this particular board has been a looooong time sleeping! Good to see a thread actually pulling the posters back in :1-1:

As for the new sculpt....

Loving the 'Strider' look, even though it's 'another bl**dy Aragorn', the 2 characters of the Ranger and the soon to be King of Gondor are so different as is GTG and GTW.

Good work Sideshow, now open the floodgates a bit more and give us LOTR fans MORE! :lol

thank god it's fully sculpted.

:lecture

I agree with you. I'm not a big fan of p.f.'s anymore (novelty wore off for me). They are too big, I don't like "futzing" with my collectibles (give me a break, save that for dolls and figures) and to be honest for the prices these pieces cost, I'd rather have a fully sculpted, true blue "statue" that I can put together and leave displayed.

That said, I'm still unsure if I am even going to get into this line (I was originally). My days of collecting are pretty much over for the most part.

i agree! PF's all the way! as i've said before, there's really no sense starting another LOTR line when the existing lines are barely getting any love and attention from sideshow at all.

I understand what you're saying, but there is no guarantee the turtle-like speed at which PF's are produced would be moving along any faster without the addition of this new line. On the plus side they are cheaper and faster to produce, more "shelf space" friendly, and are perfect for those who weren't thrilled by some of the SSW offerings or who just plain don't like PF's.

And if nothing else, beating out Weta for this licence was a great business move on their part. :lecture

I'm not going to get too excited about this until I see a full reveal and a price. I'm sure it'll look great, but I don't want to spend $225, $250 or more for these maquettes.

Back