Statue Boromir Maquette...Links to buy and waitlist in 1st post !!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone run into an issue where the head does not sit flush with the neck base? I've got a gap on mine. Otherwise everything else came in perfect (although the strap also needs to be tweaked). I tried to cut away as much of the neck base already but the gap is still there.
boromirx.jpg

Mine sits perfectly. Go through the thread for pics, I think yours is the only one to suffer the issue.

Hey again everyone! Sorry for my disappearance (I didn't have any internet access), but Boromir EX #402/500 arrived here in rural NSW on the fourteenth!
Seeing as he came allll the way from California, I'm surprised how little defects mine has -- possibly because of how high his unit number is. However, seeing as I paid almost $90 shipping and $10 tax on top of the full price -- bringing him to $321 -- I expected him to arrive in perfect condition, with all the premium quality I expected from Sideshow.
I don't regret making him my first purchase at all! If I buy more, they'll almost certainly be from the Dinosauria line.

Like practically everyone else, he's got the cracked strap/s too. Mine has two cracks on the lower strap of the flag-arm, but still attached -- just bent them back. But I have another issue that I haven't seen anyone else report (there've been 20+ pages since I last posted, and I only have time to skim them right now); the flag.
I had a kind of wonky-sitting pike as well, but as I'll mention below, I fixed that easily.

The flag was perfect straight out of the box -- along with everything else (both arms, perfect condition for the base, body good except the strap, well-painted head etc etc) BUT when fiddling to try and get the pike to sit in the top, it cracked off! And I am incredibly careful, so I know it wasn't me.

June2012074a.jpg

Not a big issue -- I just bought some superglue the next day and put it back together again, after supergluing the pike in place and STRAIGHT. I don't have a picture of that yet, but I'm just going to run some black acrylic paint I've got lying around over the white to mask it. I'm hoping to get a replacement, though. What was the email address again? Someone mentioned it earlier in the thread; was it returns@sideshow?
I'm also going to see if I can grab a small refund because of the cracked straps, and because I paid so much for the shipping.

The loose magnets I've seen a few people mention are a hell of a shame -- mine has nice firm ones and I completely see how bad it would be to have faulty ones. I would hate to have to use blu-tack or glue to hold them on -- maybe some strong adhesive-backed velcro? It might be too thick, though.
No lazy eyes on this one, either.
@Radagaster: I don't have that issue, either. I think dragon_around is right, you're the only one, on this site at least, with the issue.
And guh, I agree with everyone on Josh's repaints -- utterly amazing.
Anyway, I only took a few pics on the day I got him -- and I opened him after dusk due to an appointment, so the lighting is bad -- but I also took an unboxing video I'll get up later in the week. Better photos sometime, too.
Pics:
**That thing to Boromir's right is Alduin, who I got from the amazing Skyrim CE. Also, ignore my curtains. I've had them since I was four.

June2012079a.jpg

June2012075a.jpg

June2012078a.jpg

June2012077a.jpg

June2012076a.jpg

June2012072a.jpg

June2012073a.jpg

just got my replacement Boromir raised arm. No paint defects, no chips and it feels like the magnet is a touch stronger is well. Win all the way around!

just got my replacement Boromir raised arm. No paint defects, no chips and it feels like the magnet is a touch stronger is well. Win all the way around!

Did they just send you an arm and not bother with the rest of the statue? I requested a replacement a few days ago after noticing some small chips and don't feel like dealing with returns right now.

Did they just send you an arm and not bother with the rest of the statue? I requested a replacement a few days ago after noticing some small chips and don't feel like dealing with returns right now.

I only requested the arm. His body, head and hand w/ sword was in great shape. The straps on this one were only slightly bent, no break lines even - so I just gently bent them back. The process was quite smooth, actually.

i received mine yesterday.

I had so wished he would fit in a detolf but with the flag blowing and arm forward, not happening.

Can't even get him in a besta.

And yea, had the broken strap and a chip on the base :(

finally got around to fix and set boromir up.

mixing jar, 2 part plastic epoxy, ultra fine sanding paper, and a lil bit of tamiya flat black paint and the broken strap is as good as new.

some random shots, give up trying to take any decent photo behind this anti-photo curio i have, one of these days josh will have to teach me how to take good pictures.

boromir.jpg

boromir2.jpg

boromir3.jpg

I just noticed that both foam halves have the side show logo. I'm usually pretty careful opening many statues and check for the logo to see which side is the top or bottom. I was surprised when I opened the statue the body was upside down and the head was floating around in the box. This may be the reason why my strap for bent/broken. I think sideshow should start labeling which half is top and which is bottom. Number 106/500 ex, and as expected broken strap. Will full through the returns process again!!

Seeing as he came allll the way from California, I'm surprised how little defects mine has -- possibly because of how high his unit number is. However, seeing as I paid almost $90 shipping and $10 tax on top of the full price -- bringing him to $321 -- I expected him to arrive in perfect condition, with all the premium quality I expected from Sideshow.
I don't regret making him my first purchase at all! If I buy more, they'll almost certainly be from the Dinosauria line.

Like practically everyone else, he's got the cracked strap/s too. Mine has two cracks on the lower strap of the flag-arm, but still attached -- just bent them back. But I have another issue that I haven't seen anyone else report (there've been 20+ pages since I last posted, and I only have time to skim them right now); the flag.
I had a kind of-sitting pike as well, but as I'll mention below, I fixed that easily.

Given all the potential problems I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

The flag was perfect straight out of the box -- along with everything else (both arms, perfect condition for the base, body good except the strap, well-painted head etc etc) BUT when fiddling to try and get the pike to sit in the top, it cracked off! And I am incredibly careful, so I know it wasn't me.

Not a big issue -- I just bought some superglue the next day and put it back together again, after supergluing the pike in place and STRAIGHT. I don't have a picture of that yet, but I'm just going to run some black acrylic paint I've got lying around over the white to mask it. I'm hoping to get a replacement, though. What was the email address again? Someone mentioned it earlier in the thread; was it returns@sideshow?
I'm also going to see if I can grab a small refund because of the cracked straps, and because I paid so much for the shipping.

I have the same problem with the cracked upper end of the flag staff. The hole isn't very deep which tends to make the, for lack of a better term, spike a bit wobbly in the first place. Also, the hole makes the surround very thin and likely to crack if you aren't extremely careful. Unfortunately I lost the piece that came out so (along with the bent and slightly cracked wrist straps), I'm going to try to get a replacement for the flag and perhaps a little bit of a refund. I'm extremely un-handy when it comes to statue repairs (I'm an eye doctor and eye surgery is not my specialty).

Fortunately there are no other issues. No hair problems… No strabismic eyes (Strabismus is the medical term for googly eyes.) :0)… No weak magnets… Etc.

As usual very late to the party...but Boromir Maquette/Statue Exclusive #249 is in the house...and looking fantastic. :rock

Same damage as everyone else...but easy fix. :wink1:

What an impressive piece this is in person. :rock

I'm one happy bunny :blissy :blissy :blissy

:duff
Bill

Back