"The Good, the Bad & the Ugly" Custom Figure Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Reiny! I was hoping we could put together a commission for some figures here, or at least gather sources for all the materials we need to make our own. It looks like people have other things going on at the moment, but hopefully they'll be back soon so we can get things started. In the meantime I think I'll be ordering a dozen or so heads from Lonnie soon, including the ones I need for these guys.

Btw, the book appears to be on back order at the moment, but will hopefully be shipping soon. Looks like a great source of reference material on the very best of the spaghetti westerns. Can't wait to read it!

Yeah, I'm also gathering parts for a Blondie as we speak. I hope to be able to post some progress shots as soon as I have everything to get started...

If we can gather all the resources needed then I imagine someone here will be able to offer completed figures. Still have a bit of work ahead of us, but we've had some excellent contributions already. I believe this is really going to happen!!!

I think for the most parts these figures will be "easy" enough to build ourselves since most parts can be bought on Ebay for instance, and the parts that can't be found online, could be commissioned by someone like our own Bernard2002 here. Only thing left would be painting the head.
When I receive my headsculpt from Lonnie, I'll be sending it over to small_studios for a paintjob. He did a fantastic job on another Blondie head:

I think for the most parts these figures will be "easy" enough to build ourselves since most parts can be bought on Ebay for instance, and the parts that can't be found online, could be commissioned by someone like our own Bernard2002 here. Only thing left would be painting the head.
When I receive my headsculpt from Lonnie, I'll be sending it over to small_studios for a paintjob. He did a fantastic job on another Blondie head:

That headsculpt looks fantastic. Where can I order one? Also I am very interested in making this figure if you guys get a list of parts and where to get them or create a "kit". Bernard 2002 that poncho looks dead on. I'm in if you ever sell a couple. I am looking forward to working on this figure. It will be my first custom!

That headsculpt looks fantastic. Where can I order one? Also I am very interested in making this figure if you guys get a list of parts and where to get them or create a "kit". Bernard 2002 that poncho looks dead on. I'm in if you ever sell a couple. I am looking forward to working on this figure. It will be my first custom!

Hi mate, and welcome to the wonderful (but sometimes frustrating) world of customizing :D

I think there are some suggestions for Blondie-parts on the first page:
- gun and gunbelt: www.stevostoys.com
- headsculpt: www.h2creative.com
- boots: Newline Miniatures (Ebay?) or any kind of boots from Sideshow's Civil War figures for instance
- pants: dark blue; possibility is the Bill Smith SWAT -figure from Dragon
- shirt: it's very hard to find an exact existing match with the stripes and all, but you could find a good looking light blue shirt on Ebay as well
- most difficult parts: poncho and vest: those will have to be made or commissioned...

Ok, I'm about ready to start making the new "olive green" ponchos and vests.
for sale. If anyone is interested, please PM and I'll put you on the list.

As of now, I'm only planning a small run of ponchos (20) and even smaller one of vests (5).
I may do more vests, but they are very time consuming and tedious to make.

It's going to take several weeks to finish the ponchos, so I'll post some pics when I get one ready.
I'm looking forward to working on this, I hope you will be too!!

thanks,

David

Also, Nhldevil, I used the DID Yuquan shirt (striped). It's on ebay sometimes, or Battlegear toys has a nice blue one. Good luck!

As of now, I'm only planning a small run of ponchos (20) and even smaller one of vests (5).
I may do more vests, but they are very time consuming and tedious to make.

Great news buddy! I look forward to owning both. They will make a kick-as Blondie :banana

PM sent.

This is a great idea for a thread with some very helpful suggestions from everyone! I picked up the Blondie head not long ago and had been wondering how to locate the costume pieces. This will be my first attempt at a custom figure.

PM sent.

This is a great idea for a thread with some very helpful suggestions from everyone! I picked up the Blondie head not long ago and had been wondering how to locate the costume pieces. This will be my first attempt at a custom figure.

Look forward to seeing your work, mate!

Good news guys; I found someone who can also make an accurate 1/6 Blondie shirt (with the thin blue-white stripes).
Price will be between10$-25$, depending on how much people would want one. So if you do, sign up! :joy

(Maybe we can also commission him to make the entire Angel Eyes- or Tuco- costume somewhere down the line?)

Good news guys; I found someone who can also make an accurate 1/6 Blondie shirt (with the thin blue-white stripes).
Price will be between10$-25$, depending on how much people would want one. So if you do, sign up! :joy

(Maybe we can also commission him to make the entire Angel Eyes- or Tuco- costume somewhere down the line?)

PM Sent. Sounds great.

Back