"The Good, the Bad & the Ugly" Custom Figure Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys. Here's a a few pics of my "Blondie" from the GB&U.

I made the poncho, vest and saddlebag myself. The hat and gunbelt are from Stevostoys. Boots from newline. The headsculpt was painted by Pacobird over at the OSW.

Hope you like...

David

I'd be interesting in this if I could purchase one fully completed--there's just too many great customs going on at once!!!

:lol.........i know this board just seems to be exploding with projects. im still waiting on my mad max stuff. and i really would like an eastwood custom as well. but would rather a josey wales.

Good to see you here David. And thanks for the great pics!

Would it interest you to make some vests and poncho's, for instance, if there are enough people interested? :monkey5

If you guys have any questions about the costume, please feel free to ask. I've been doing quite a bit of research over the years now.

Hi Estel, I was wondering whether you had some full accurate shots of the poncho? I've only seen shots when it's being worn, but the design isn't always clear that way...

There are some pretty clear pics of the one being offered by hollywoodprop.com., especially the ones toward the bottom. Compare them to the poncho in the screen grabs posted by rugby1970 and you can see the color is clearly a dark olive green. The best way to see the whole thing might be to buy one of their great-looking ponchos!

https://hollywoodprop.com/spaghettiponchos.htm

g2.jpg

g4.jpg

g6.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys. LV, I'm about to make another run of the ponchos. This time the more olive color. Maybe after I get going we can work on an order. As far as the vests go, I don't think I could handle a group order. They are pretty time consuming.

Here's a pic of the one I make now.

I just upgraded to a new tassle and like it alot better.

Once, I get in town next week, I'll get started...

David

WOW Bernard2002, that's a great custom Blondie, and I love the poncho. I really need to make a Western figure for my collection.

Yeah, Blondie was my first western figure. I really love making them now. I've got Josey Wales, Shane and Jack Wilson and currently working on a mountain man. Their alot of fun!!!

Thanks for the comments guys. LV, I'm about to make another run of the ponchos. This time the more olive color. Maybe after I get going we can work on an order. As far as the vests go, I don't think I could handle a group order. They are pretty time consuming.

David

Hey Bernard2002, I have been admiring your "Blondie" over at OSW and you have inspired me to try and do kit bashing and customs. I would definitely be interested if you were to kindly offer ponchos for sale. LMK thanks! MwNN

David

Great job on recreating the poncho! There will most likely be several people here, including myself, who will be interested in ordering some of them from you, especially if they're the screen-accurate olive green. Please post some new pics when they're finished. Thanks for sharing this with us! :D

I started gathering parts for a Blondie and already ordered the Frontline head (hopefully fellow member Small_studios will find time to paint this baby),the belt, gunbelt and gun from Stevostoys, and a pair of Sideshow Civil war boots.

I've been looking for 1/6 dark blue pants to match Blondie's but I can't seem to find something that looks good :monkey4
So if anyone has any suggestions...

I also bought this vest from a Dragon WWII figure (Geordie Strong) that could be customised with some sheep fur (or whatever you call it) and dye to look accurate...

here is my "Blondie" feat. Hero Heads fantastic new Clint Eastwood head. Poncho and Gunbelt are made by Marius Niemietz as well as the felt hat which however has been repainted and remodeled by me. Shirt is from vintage GI Joe Sailor, Vest is modified Ignite Viking vest, Boots are re-painted sideshow Billy the Kid boots, Spurs are from DID, Jeans are from a parts box and then dyed black + DID Belt + my own paintjob on the head

276429766.jpg

276429755.jpg

276429761.jpg

276429769.jpg

and here all three (final cementery scene outfits):

Sentenza /Lee Van Cleeve: 21stC black shirt, vest is revorked and redyed from Yamato kelly figure, Jacket is from DML "enemy at the Gates" German dyed and pockets taken off, pants from sideshow redyed, belt is DML reworked, gunbelt is Battelfield toys reworked; watch, chain and spurs are custom molded from Fimo - head is Hero Head painted by me

Tuco / Eli Wallach: Pants are no name, boots are GI JOE painted black, belt is custom, Jacket is DML painted brown and sleeves cut down, shirt is DML with pocket removed; necklace and rings are custom - head is from Hero Heads painted by me

hope you like them :

280101949.jpg

280101961.jpg

280101969.jpg

280101956.jpg

For Blondie's outfit:
www.stevostoys.com has the correct gunbelt and gun and hat for Blondie (although the Frontline sculpt already comes with a hat, but a resin one).

I think Newline Miniatures offers cowboy boots that could be used, or maybe something from the Sideshow Six Gun legends-figures?

So, that leaves the pin-striped white-blue shirt, the dark blue pants, sheepskin vest and poncho... Maybe those can be commissioned?

Does he ship internationally?

Great looking figures Okieh. I remember seeing them over at the OSW,
I especially like Lee Van Cleef! Great job!

Back