Mel Gibson as William Wallace from BRAVEHEART (v3.0) NEW PICS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: PRICES QUOTED! DChung's Braveheart (version 2), figure/parts available

bhheadwip1.JPG

finished up the wax sculpt of the head today... chiseled out the hair line and scalp so on the casts yak hair pelt can be added on... and dremeled out the neck for a HT post...

making the mold tomorrow!

Looks awesome, mate!
Can't wait to get one... :yess:

The hole is drilled to fit the ball joint currently (no dimple to hold in place)... or should I drill bigger to fit the ring adapter? Thoughts?

I'm using a headless DX Indy as a guide (hope that's the same as the TTM19)...

Added some skin texture... (wax rules!)

bhheadwip2.JPG

Damnit, Dan! Stop tempting me with your awesome work! :gah:

Damnit, Dan! Stop tempting me with your awesome work! :gah:

Thanks, Dane!

I just hope adding the hair holds up to the sculpt's realism...

By the way, do you have any thoughts/input on my question in post #43 above...?

Thanks, Dane!

I just hope adding the hair holds up to the sculpt's realism...

By the way, do you have any thoughts/input on my question in post #43 above...?

Well I don't own a HT Indy, but I'm fairly certain that the TTM 19 is the same body. I'm not sure I understand the part about the ring adapter though, everyone using the TTM 19 will be connecting the sculpt via the "barbell" ball joint.

Well I don't own a HT Indy, but I'm fairly certain that the TTM 19 is the same body. I'm not sure I understand the part about the ring adapter though, everyone using the TTM 19 will be connecting the sculpt via the "barbell" ball joint.

Inside the head, there is a soft plastic ring (adapter) that receives the ball part of the barbell joint. It's stuck in there after the head is molded, it seems. I'm wondering if I should drill my head to receive the barbell or the ring... As it is, it's drilled to receive the barbell, but because there'd be no soft rubber ring, there'd be no "click" to secure the head. If I drilled larger, to accept the ring, you'd have more of that socket effect, but I don't know if people have spare ring/adaptor/socket thingies that they can use...

Inside the head, there is a soft plastic ring (adapter) that receives the ball part of the barbell joint. It's stuck in there after the head is molded, it seems. I'm wondering if I should drill my head to receive the barbell or the ring... As it is, it's drilled to receive the barbell, but because there'd be no soft rubber ring, there'd be no "click" to secure the head. If I drilled larger, to accept the ring, you'd have more of that socket effect, but I don't know if people have spare ring/adaptor/socket thingies that they can use...

Ahhhh, gotcha! I have one custom sculpt that has had the ring inserted (the one in my avatar, actually), but many more that have not. It would really be up to individual preference (although I understand the need to know for molding purposes), but I for one would be fine with the sculpt being drilled to receive the barbell :)

I updated pics in the first post... but I'll post them here as well:

mgbhfull2.jpg
mgbhmed1.jpg

mgbhfull1.jpg
mgbhmed2.jpg

mgbhcu1.jpg
mgbhmed3.jpg
mgbhmed4.jpg

Hey DC can you give me a faint idea about the rubber leg sleeves? Would they like fit a HT Narrow leg? And what do they look like without being fit to the body. Would really appreciate any help. Im building a soccer player custom and your rubber leg sleeves seem like a great Idea!

Please show me some pics of what they actually are like :) Thanks :wave

Yes. I want the blue war paint.:)

Saw it on AMC in HD last night, and noticed that by the end of the scene with the blue face paint, he was covered in blood. Really scary, kinda badass. Would you want the blood effects too?

Hey DC can you give me a faint idea about the rubber leg sleeves? Would they like fit a HT Narrow leg? And what do they look like without being fit to the body. Would really appreciate any help. Im building a soccer player custom and your rubber leg sleeves seem like a great Idea!

Please show me some pics of what they actually are like :) Thanks :wave

They're stretchy, so there shouldn't be any problem getting them on the narrow body legs. The downside, unfortunately, is that while they cover the joints, they don't bend realistically at all. They kinda turn your action figure into a statue in that regard... But if your players will be posed standing, then they should work...

Back