Morpheus from Matrix . . .

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunohc

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey everyone
I've been wanting to make a custom figure line (at least once) for quite some time now. I know I'm not really my "type" since I offer unpainted resin head sculpts for "lower" prices. However, I was originally inspired into this hobby and sculpting when I saw one of Arnie Kim's amazing Bruce Lee figures. From then on, I've seen many custom artists deliver amazing custom figure lines and most recently, I saw Greggo take off on the Holmes project and I finally decided it was time I had a go myself.

I really enjoyed the Matrix films years back and despite Hot Toy's license announcement a couple years ago, I doubt they'll release any 1:6 figures of Matrix. I did a couple of searches and found some decent versions of Neo and Trinity that were made by Triad Toys and Hot Toys (or at least kitbashable parts) but I have yet to see a decent Morpheus figure.

Therefore, for my first high-end custom figure, I want to make a very accurate Morpheus figure. Just imagine a miniature life-like 1:6 scale Morpheus standing on your shelf with his shiny sunglasses catching the eye of everyone who walks by your display shelf

Here is the image I am going to be basing the figure off of:

concept.jpg

morpheus.jpg

2.jpg

Edition Size
I understand some people might not be into Morpheus or Matrix anymore and this is partially for myself and so the edition size will be very low.
Right now, due to my own budget, I plan on only making 21 full figures worldwide and if there is more interest, there will be outfit sets and painted head sets but those will be offer AFTER the first 21 are made.
They will be painted by Sean Ho (https://sunohc.com/sculpts/bradpaint/)
Final confirmation will be after the prototype though

I estimate about 21 Full Figure sets ( early preorderers who send paypal GIFT payment will receive the free NECKLESS Morpheus head)
This is due to the fact that the paypal fees will be killer on me...
The final number of full figure sets will be determined by how the early preorders go in Mid-October.

The full figure will be $750.
Shipping is included for US buyers, and international will be a little more extra (but with tracking of course)
There is an OPTIONAL Black Shirt upgrade (tailored by Kato) for $70. This reduced price for the upgrade is only available with the full figure set.

Here are a list of what I want to include in the custom figure:

Head:
Morpheus head sculpt
Hand Painted (by Sean Ho: https://sunohc.com/sculpts/bradpaint)

Clothing:
Black leather/crocodile skin jacket (tailored by Kato)
Purple pants (tailored by Kato)
Purple vest (tailored by Kato)
black dress shirt (optional upgrade version by Kato for $70 and regular version is no extra charge)
green tie (custom made by Greggo)

Accessories
katana (customized by Witekite)
Glock 18c
Detachable sunglasses (made by Kuato)

Body
new Hot Toys adv. Afri. Amer. body.

Custom box (designart by Ronlim)
custom stand decal (by evilface)

Please let me know if you are interested and PM me or post here.

-------------------------------------------
So what do you guys think?

THE Interest LIST for the Full Figure *let me know if you want on or off the list
1. Deckard
2. yodasan
3. LordAzrael (upgraded Kato black shirt version)
4. JeffTVR (upgraded Kato Black shirt version)
5. MwNN
6. mystolle (upgraded Kato Black shirt version)
7. MarfMaster (upgraded Kato black shirt version)
8. Q
9. neo (upgraded Kato black shirt version)
10. Platty
11. Mooncat
12. malo (upgraded Kato Black shirt version)
13. marker2037 (upgraded Kato Black shirt version)
14. LookCloser
15. dneilan1 (upgraded Kato Black shirt version)
16. Levit05
17. Nathan DeWitt
18. Mookeylama
19. pcleemake OSW
20. Jediguy
21. WEAPON X
22. Triton (Tony Tsai)
23. Chouzi (upgraded Kato Black shirt version)
24. Raymond Ferraro
25. chilipep66
26. GodofWar
27. SithKnite
28. Andymp (upgraded Kato Black shirt version)
29. jimjimmyjones85
30. breakersrevenge
31. astrohm OSW
32. ronwlim
33. Oceania
34. Roy Tamashiro (upgraded Kato Black shirt version)

Outfit/separate set:
1. Duckgoo
2. MiraiNinja OSW (upgraded Kato Black shirt version)

Closed Jacket Version (not confirmed yet but possible)
1. Reinhardt (closed jacket ver.)
2. Thrustmaster (closed jacket ver.)

*For those who can't get the outfit,
the head sculpt will be available separately, but the quantities will be very limited.

Head Sculpt
Sculpted by sunohc
sneak3.jpg

combine.jpg

photoshopped sunglasses for now:
sunglasses.jpg

They will be painted by Sean Ho (https://sunohc.com/sculpts/bradpaint/)

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

10.jpg

Last edited:
Go all out man, I'd be down for it. Hell a Bill the Butcher was going for $600, I'm sure people will pay that for Morpheus. Not everyone, but some of us.

I would be on for one - either version, but my preference would be to be able to open the jacket to show off the purpleness of what's underneath!

so what price-range are we speaking here if we choose the closed overcoat?

matrix is killer and I'm still in love with the movie. so I might be interested but it depends a lot on the price.

I may be interested in a closed jacket version depending on price. With Kato tailoring it will no doubt look amazing, but his price tags sting.

I'm still holding out hope that Hot Toys will pump out some figures :monkey2 Their announcement of the license was like a dream come true for me...so disappointing they're sitting on it.

The most difficult part is to getting the right leather in crocodile pattern

It has been hard day that I hv been looking for right material for this project!

Here come the good news! ( I hope it is)

This is the immitation leather with crocodile pattern (almost in right 1:6 scale for the pattern size) which should be mostly close to those in the movie ( I believe that in the movie it is immitation leather as well..)

I hope this material is feasible

cimg2007.jpg

I will try to develope this jacket if possible

OMG! I wanted the Morpheus head just to do this. I would love for a full figure, but man, I don't know if I can afford it. So I'll wait for the sets instead.

Looking forward to this project man!

hey guys, thanks a lot for the comments.
that's great to see so much interest. The full figure option will be quite expensive but I will offer heads and outfit sets for those who want to pick and choose.

Here's the list so far:
1. Deckard
2. yodasan
3. Reinhardt (closed jacket ver.)
4. LordAzrael
5. JeffTVR
6. Thrustmaster (closed jacket ver.)
7. MwNN
8. Snake Eater
9. mystolle
10. MarfMaster (closed jacket ver.)
11. Q
12. neo
13. Platty
14. Mooncat
15. malo
16. marker2037
This is the list of people interested, you don't have to purchase it when the time comes, but I'll keep ya'll in the loop anyways :)

I am resculpting this head from scratch too btw.

Kato,
that material looks awesome! Can't wait to see it happen

Last edited:
Back