SDCC Dinosauria: Dienosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus - Link in 1st Post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SDCC Dinosauria: Dienosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus

Didn't the Allo v. Stego diorama idea get a lot of attention recently? Was there a vote or something? I'd say they're practically guaranteed. That pair is like the Rex v. Trike of the Jurassic.

My thoughts exactly, but Agent is right, I believe. It was the Stegosaurus that won in the recent Dinosauria poll concerning which animal deserves some attention as a statue. Now with that said, it never stipulated whether that would be in a maquette or a diorama. Since there's a lot of classicism behind the Allosaurus VS Stegosaurus conflict and we have such a glut of evidence as to their interactions, it's extremely likely that we'll see this. That doesn't mean we won't get a maquette of a Stegosaurus as well. We have T.rex VS Triceratops and now a T.rex maquette. Makes sense that we could see the same thing again with a dinosaur popular enough to warrant two depictions of it by SS.

Really I would like to see both, I'd likely buy both even if I don't start buying the vs dios. Which if I can get the funds I think I might. Space be damned. But as I've said with the stegosaurus being my favorite I really want him as a standalone piece. And I think he's popular enough so I'm not too concerned. I am however impatient so I want that one first. :lol

I've basically had to, I am quite literally out of space. I have room for three maybe four more pieces that aren't PF sized and I may be able to squeeze one more PF in. But I have alot more than that on order. Guess I gotta find a job and get a new place before Q1...

You could always start displaying them in the bathroom. Nothing gets the bowels moving faster than the sight of a gargantuan predator.

Of course, they could go with a different sort of stegosaur. Check out this one by Foulkes.
vs_23.jpg

I'm currently doing business with him, but I can't decide whether I want to see this piece first, or his new 1:15 Rex.

How big is a 1:15 Rex?

You could always start displaying them in the bathroom. Nothing gets the bowels moving faster than the sight of a gargantuan predator.

But if it's brought into the bathroom, it can never be resold!

george.jpg

Very funny, Costanza.

And Shane told me his new Rex is 13" by 31", and normally retails for about $270. Yowza.

Of course, they could go with a different sort of stegosaur. Check out this one by Foulkes.
vs_23.jpg

I'm currently doing business with him, but I can't decide whether I want to see this piece first, or his new 1:15 Rex.

Not a chance in holy hell the girlfriend would allow for the statues to start leaking out from my study. Not a chance. That, and I wouldn't want them in places where there is a lot of foot traffic. More opportunity to get damaged and have peoples' grubby hands all over them... all the more so if the statues are in the bathroom and people don't wash. *shudder* Much better just to have a nice large room for display purposes, I feel. I've gotten away with moving my framed art into several rooms, but that's about as far as I'd go.:D

They very well could so with a different Stegosaur, but due to the popularity of S.armatus, that's probably what we'll be seeing, even though Kentrosaurus is quite cool indeed.

vs_23.jpg

Not a chance in holy hell the girlfriend would allow for the statues to start leaking out from my study. Not a chance. That, and I wouldn't want them in places where there is a lot of foot traffic. More opportunity to get damaged and have peoples' grubby hands all over them... all the more so if the statues are in the bathroom and people don't wash. *shudder* Much better just to have a nice large room for display purposes, I feel. I've gotten away with moving my framed art into several rooms, but that's about as far as I'd go.:D

They very well could so with a different Stegosaur, but due to the popularity of S.armatus, that's probably what we'll be seeing, even though Kentrosaurus is quite cool indeed.

It's up for order guys! Got mine in...I was hoping it wouldn't be coming out 1st QT with the Styracosaurus :( So I dunno if I'll be able to afford both, but we'll see what happens...Looks awesome tho :)

Last edited:

A Deinosuchus skull... Jesus. This is beautiful. Pricey, but a truly beautiful piece. Exclusive ordered! :rock

Just ordered mine and it looks great can't wait to get him

You guys should see this in person. Just needs a bit more blood around the gaping wounds.

After an entire day of attempting to get onto the website and having the board screw up, be non-responsive, freeze up, etc., I finally managed to type an incredibly lengthy post concerning this piece, only to receive the message that the board was undergoing maintenance. At this point I just don't have the strength to type the entire thing out again. :lol Perhaps tomorrow. I'm so very tired...

Just burned up my Reward Points on this one. Knocked $119 off the price :peace

*love me some dinosaurs . . . *

This new piece looks great, but where is the piece that was shown in the COmic-Con Teaser video ?
The one with the spikes ???

I think that was just part of the horns from the Styracosaurus maquette.

Aw, you guys should have preordered from me. I'd have given you a discount. :D

I think the blood is adequate. It's a fresh wound, after all. Poor fella will probably get ripped apart shortly after drowning.

Back