SDCC Dinosauria: Dienosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus - Link in 1st Post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SDCC Dinosauria: Dienosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus

Aww, that is tough luck. Sorry to hear that.

ugh......i was expecting a whole lot better...definate pass for me!!

This Dio looks amazing
The poor guy has no chance and I love it

IMG_0946.JPG

IMG_0944.JPG

Moss sold separately, I guess. :p I'm highly impressed by this piece.

More Dinosauria here, scroll to the bottom https://www.cooltoyreview.com/sdcc09/ssc-other/default.asp

Thank God I got out of work early today. The full pics of this are actually much better than I had hoped, seeing more of both of the animals. The Deinosuchus has just the right air of menace; I mean check out those eyes and the size of those jaws! :eek You can almost feel the poor Parasaurolophus' femur, ischium, and ribs shatter in one quick but devastating bite. Very, very well rendered, and I have to say, I'm particularly impressed with the Parasaur. They really did an interesting color scheme here. The dimorphic blue on the crest and the stripes borne upon the entire back for cryptic coloration is really superb. I'm quite pleased with how this looks, and the Styracosaurus and Carnotaurus also appear exceptional (though it seems the Carnotaurus had a lot of its color scheme washed out by the flash). However, the one piece that, in close-up shots from the website, appears to have far and away the most detail studded throughout and frankly the one I was most highly anticipating doesn't have very good pictures here - The T.rex maquette. I would like to see some closer shots of that, but otherwise I'm most impressed.

I wonder when the pre-order will go up for this latest dio... I certainly hope it's tonight.

Pre-order is Sunday, Scar. No set time, but I'd anticipate at Noon est 9 pst. That's about when they went up today.

Sunday, eh? Where did you find the time on the website? I hope I'm able to place the order at the time it goes up. I have to attend a birthday party which my girlfriend has been quite particular, would have consequences were I to skip out on it.

On the main Comic-Con page on the right hand side there is a drop down menu of the schedule of pre-orders. Just switch to the day you want to view.

Found it there as well. Just spoke with the girlfriend and explained to her why I have to be online at noon EST this Sunday. She had to concede, "Well, that does sound pretty cool." :chew Thank God, can't screw up my Dinosauria Exclusive pre-order record. :lol I wonder what the exclusive will be - a Deinosuchus skull or a Parasaurolophus skull? Hhmmm...

Also noteworthy, SS has Deinosuchus spelled correctly on their digital preview scream at the Con. Seems the online preview was just a mistake. Wonderful. Wonderful.

I think it'll be the one being eaten (don't expect me to try to spell these things...or know which is which, although I think I do).

That's my guess as well. The Parasaurolophus skull definitely seems the more likely just from a production standpoint, though I can't say I'd prefer one over the other.

I'm hoping it will be the Deinosuchus skull. I don't see them doing it again. Where I can see them maybe doing Parasaurolophus again, so a chance to do that skull later.

Nah, if they do another hadrosaur, it should be based on the recently discovered Lambeosaurus laticaudus. The huge one.

800px-Lambeosaurs_scale1.png

Hard to show off the scale, though. Maybe by accidentally stepping on a Deinosuchus?

beautiful looking dio. i'll definately be getting this one.

I'm hoping it will be the Deinosuchus skull. I don't see them doing it again. Where I can see them maybe doing Parasaurolophus again, so a chance to do that skull later.

Really? I can't imagine them doing a Parasaurolophus in a stand-alone maquette at a later date. This piece really showcases all of the same brilliant features that they could, in all likelihood, express in a maquette, unless they are thinking much farther outside the box than I. Perhaps, a herd statue. That would be nice. Otherwise, I think this is once and done for both animals, which is perfectly fine given the vast menagerie of subjects. Frankly, I'm thrilled that both have received attention, particularly the Deinosuchus. :rock

Nah, if they do another hadrosaur, it should be based on the recently discovered Lambeosaurus laticaudus. The huge one.

800px-Lambeosaurs_scale1.png

Hard to show off the scale, though. Maybe by accidentally stepping on a Deinosuchus?

Big fan of large herbivores, eh? :lol In 9/10 cases, I'd take a carnivore statue over an herbivore, but that's just because that's where all of my work is grounded. A diorama combining the pair, though, well that's just fine. :banana

Really? I can't imagine them doing a Parasaurolophus in a stand-alone maquette at a later date. This piece really showcases all of the same brilliant features that they could, in all likelihood, express in a maquette, unless they are thinking much farther outside the box than I. Perhaps, a herd statue. That would be nice. Otherwise, I think this is once and done for both animals, which is perfectly fine given the vast menagerie of subjects. Frankly, I'm thrilled that both have received attention, particularly the Deinosuchus. :rock

I'm not saying it's a given. I could totally be wrong. I just think it’s a lot more likely we would see Parasaurolophus represent again then Deinosuchus.

Herbivores make up the bulk of the population in any given ecosystem, though. They're totally underrepresented. The Styracosaurus maquette (which has sold like hotcakes, mind you) is proof that herbivores can be totally awesome on their own.

Yeah, hotcakes stracosaurus is what brought me into the line

Herbivores make up the bulk of the population in any given ecosystem, though. They're totally underrepresented. The Styracosaurus maquette (which has sold like hotcakes, mind you) is proof that herbivores can be totally awesome on their own.

Abundance in the environment need not, and in all likelihood would not, be reflected in the same ratio in a line of high end collectibles, though. :lol Oh most definitely herbivores are fascinating creatures which can be even more dangerous than carnivores in given instances, and are far and away more abundant in any known ecosystem than concomitant carnivorous fauna. To make a more current example, if Sideshow were doing a line of collectibles based on all African Savannah Wildlife, they wouldn't go about producing all herbivorous fauna such as zebra, impala, wildebeest, giraffes, elephants, buffalo, rhino, hippopotami, meerkats, etc. and so forth on with numerous subdivisions of said groups and others, though we would most certainly get a big cat or hyena.

Necessarily herbivores must be more abundant and have far greater fecundity in any ecosystem to maintain stability, though I will say Warren Fahy does an interesting test of that theory in his new novel, Fragment, which I highly recommend to anyone interested in evolution or unusual lifeforms. Rather than digress further, I'll just say that there's no reason we can't get fascinating representations of both divisions. I'm hoping Stegosaurus isn't far down the road... though I'd still like it paired with an Allosaurus. :D

Didn't the Allo v. Stego diorama idea get a lot of attention recently? Was there a vote or something? I'd say they're practically guaranteed. That pair is like the Rex v. Trike of the Jurassic.

Back