SDCC Dinosauria: Dienosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus - Link in 1st Post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SDCC Dinosauria: Dienosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus - ORDER NOW!! Link in 1st Post

Interesting. This ratio is unique to male raptors, you say? Do any other species have a reputation for putting out these numbers?

And what's this about Two Towers in DC? I'm not that far away, so I might have go in your stead. :D

Do you mean particular raptor species? Peregrine falcons are perhaps the most famous/infamous for having an extremely high kill ratio. Males of that species have a tendency to specialize in one particular prey species and regularly have a success rate in excess of 80%, which is absolutely staggering for an entire group collectively, rather than just one particularly experienced and deft individual. It's all highly dependent upon prey and the traits which females select for in males when females are the selective sex, which they abundantly are in nature. For a good counterexample, male crocodiles tend to be larger than females in that their prey is typically large terrestrial organisms known for putting up intense struggles; females which choose such males have a higher chance of having offspring that will express those traits and be more fit than other crocodiles in their environment. Lionesses also select for large males or at least males that are dominant and the most skilled combatants; reason here being that male lions aren't hunters as much as they are brawlers, and females choose males best capable of defending territories against conspecifics as well as other aggressive species in their environment. Sexually selective pressures are really, really interesting and they give a lot of insight into phenotypic characteristics, phylogeny, and behavior.

The tickets for The Two Towers were a gift I received for Christmas that, must to my dismay, I have to sell. It's a screening at the Wolf-Trap Filene Center in Vienna, VA. I really, really, reeeeeally wish there was some way that I could attend, as the showing is going to have a live orchestra for the score. I'm just going to be too busy with work in the office and in the field, as well as an upcoming course I decided to take. Just listed them on craigslist this morning, but for a fellow Freak I would certainly give first dibs! ;)

Re: SDCC Dinosauria: Dienosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus - ORDER NOW!! Link in 1st Post

Bless you, THX. As always I can rely on you to come through, and you are the only one to have provided GREAT shots of the T.rex maquette. All of the statues seem to have exquisite detail, but it's the T.rex that I simple haven't seen any close-up shots for on any of the websites. It looks identical to the proto, and my fears which were starting to creep up based on some blurry shots from cooltoyreview.com are now waylaid. :rock :rock :rock

Amazing pics, thank you for posting!!! I am now even more excited to get these. As for sizing, did the T-Rex look pretty big? I still haven't seen a pic with all the dinos in the same shot.

Amazing pics, thank you for posting!!! I am now even more excited to get these. As for sizing, did the T-Rex look pretty big? I still haven't seen a pic with all the dinos in the same shot.

I too am rather curious about this. It looked a bit small in the shots I saw, but the statues were also arranged differently in those pictures so it could just as easily have been the angling. Size aside, I'm extremely impressed with the detailing. In that one picture it even looks like there's a sheen where saliva is lining the maw of the Tyrannosaur. :rock

Another detail that I like in seeing these closer shots - the wound the Deinosuchus is inflicting on the Parasaur. It seems as if the Deinosuchus' massive bulk is beginning to pull it beneath the surface again just as quickly as it burst upwards in attack. If you look closely at that second shot of the Deinosuchus VS Parasaurolophus dio you can see one of the crocodilian's teeth dragging backwards from the open wound, yet the larger teeth farther back maintain purchase in that legendary death grip. Wonderful, wonderful. :D

Hi, thanks for the pics. I had been hoping someone would get some good pics of these. I just placed an order for each on the wait list. Hope they make more.

Sure thing. :) The line is going strong. Certainly more will come.

Bless you, THX. As always I can rely on you to come through, and you are the only one to have provided GREAT shots of the T.rex maquette. All of the statues seem to have exquisite detail, but it's the T.rex that I simple haven't seen any close-up shots for on any of the websites. It looks identical to the proto, and my fears which were starting to creep up based on some blurry shots from cooltoyreview.com are now waylaid. :rock :rock :rock

Thanks man. I knew you would love the see some pics of this line. ;)

Thanks a lot Reinhardt.

The T-Rex looks a lot cooler in person, there are lots of details on the piece. Pics never do justice to these pieces. As for the size, the DVP maybe a tad small but the size of the rest of the pieces are adequate to represent them. For the quality and price point. No company out there(so far) matches SS's offer.

Last edited:

Thanks thx. The Carnotaurus can't come soon enough now...

Nice work on the detailed photos! The Carnotaur's teeth look a bit worrisome, though.

I did notice that too. I wonder if it's a production flaw, or something they did purposely to show them being damaged from all the battles.

LoL, no I don't think they'd get bent up like a malleable metal. The teeth of theropods were specifically designed to pop out and regrow whenever needed, like those of a shark. Either way, I'm not terribly put off by it - the rest of the model appears to live up to the photos.

Last edited:

Just saw the exclusive is out. I got in the waitlist. Ya know...just in case...

Posted on Statueforum

img6720d.jpg

Were you able to make it to the Con, LOTRFan? If so, how did these bad boys look in person?

Also, your screen name reminds me that I need to sell the pair of tickets that my sister got me for Christmas to see The Two Towers with a live orchestra in DC at the end of August. Can't attend due to a class I've decided to take, which is most unfortunate. :banghead

First, yes and it was simply amazing!

Second, I'm glad I could be of help. :duff

Wow, those pictures are great. These are really beautiful pieces, I can't wait to get them and see what else they have in store for us. Thanks for posting them THX.

Just saw the exclusive is out. I got in the waitlist. Ya know...just in case...

Is that the version you wanted? I might be able to still get you one, just PM me if you're interested.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm not sure whether I will get this or not. I just jumped on the waitlist so if I do decide to get it, I'll be near the top. But I have alot of other stuff on pre-order so I don't know if I'll be able to afford it. It's not looking too good.

Yes, the teeth actually appear to have been damaged likely either in transit or in assembling at the show. It certainly does not appear intentional in any way, shape, or form, particularly considering the disparity in that regard when compared to the pics on the SS website.

My wait list just converted. I don't know if I can or will keep this or not. I may not have the funds to afford it, and if I get this one I would really like to get the other one too... But I like this one more than the first, so maybe if I do the vs. dios I'll just be selective.

My wait list just converted. I don't know if I can or will keep this or not. I may not have the funds to afford it, and if I get this one I would really like to get the other one too... But I like this one more than the first, so maybe if I do the vs. dios I'll just be selective.

Awesome, man! :rock All other non-Dinosauria collectibles I have on order have a tenuous status. These take precedent and anything else that has to be cancelled will be cancelled in order to ensure these are safe. To each his own, but that's my method. Congrats again!

EX ES of only 100! :eek :rock

I just can't get over how awesome it is having these small edition sizes for this line. I hope I can manage to swing this one even if I can't the Rex vs. Tri because its a great piece.

Back