SDCC Dinosauria: Dienosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus - Link in 1st Post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SDCC Dinosauria: Dienosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus

And I'm guessing the two posts are combined now. Ah, the magic of the mods! :D

Yep my friend, just merged them, may aswell have all the discussion in one place. :duff

This piece looks awesome so far, I am getting soooo tempted to get some of these Dino pieces, they just keep getting better and better, imo anyway
x :wave

Well done, Shell! Glad you're starting to be swayed over toward Dinosauria! :chew

They're definitely selling. I was rather surprised that the Carnotaurus is getting the most attention from my customers. I'll probably sell out of that piece on the day of release.

Doesn't surprise me at all actually. Carnotauri enjoy an immense level of popularity today. They're just so peculiar and distinctive in appearance, though in my opinion their paleobiology and ethology are what make them really one of the most fascinating, personally.

I blame Disney. Not just for the Carnotaurus, but for everything.

I also saw the new Ice Age recently - what the heck was that supposed to be? A supersized Suchomimus?

I don't think it's a bad thing that the Carnotaurus is popular, so I wouldn't blame anyone there. I'd say praise is in order for at least making such a fascinating creature more familiar to the general public.

As to the new Ice Age, I haven't seen it, nor do I plan on, but I had seen footage just in fleeting glimpses of the creature you describe, and frankly I have no idea what the hell it's supposed to be. That movie is Fox's baby right there, and I'm not exactly sure what narcotics were making their way around the room when the premise was contrived.

Well, it's obviously just a children's movie, though something of a wasted educational opportunity, in my opinion. There is almost nothing useful a child can soak up from it.

Essentially, there's a Moby ^^^^ (Ahab and the Whale, excuse me. Auto-censoring is quite unforgiving) subplot, with one of the rodents acting as a stereotypical European hunter seeking the "great white beast", which appears to be an oversized Baryonyx or somesuch. They even steal the bear sound effects used in JP3 for their Spinosaurus. Weak.

Anyway. I really want to see a Sideshow sauropod. The best sauropod I currently own is the Battat Diplodocus, and I'm embarassed to say that it cost me more than any Sideshow piece ever has.

I blame Disney. Not just for the Carnotaurus, but for everything.

I also saw the new Ice Age recently - what the heck was that supposed to be? A supersized Suchomimus?

The Carnotaurus is one favourite my Favourite in the line so far, after Styracosaurus. I just love to look of him nothing to do with Disney.

I've never seen the Ice Ages movies. After seeing the trailers I was like how they hell did the fit Dinosaurs into this story. I'm guessing they stretch reality somewhat.

I'm guessing they stretch reality somewhat.

Yes. Somewhat. :lol I could have puked in my soup when I saw the first posters and launched into a diatribe about how we were confusing the youth of today and moving backward in terms of the education films can provide to children while concomitantly entertaining them. Such a waste of a film. It's not outlandish to make children's movies educational and yet palatable for kids. Finding Nemo. There.

I love Finding Nemo.

Yeah, where's our pics? I've got a feeling this one my tip me into buying the vs. dios. :banghead

Sadly my fav dino is the parasaurolophus and him getting ripped open just isn't going to make me buy it :p

~LoA

IMG_0946.JPG

IMG_0944.JPG

Moss sold separately, I guess. :p I'm highly impressed by this piece.

More Dinosauria here, scroll to the bottom https://www.cooltoyreview.com/sdcc09/ssc-other/default.asp

Wow! And I was going to try to resist this one. The Carnotaurus looks stunning in those BBTS pics too! I might pass on the "little" T-rex now...

Thanks for the link. These look really good. The Rex does look a little on the small side, but its hard to tell for certain since they aren't all lined up together. The new dio looks cool, but I guess I was hoping for a little bit of beach as part of the base. I'm a bit less tempted now. But don't take that as criticism of the piece, because if I hadn't made up my mind to only do maquettes I'd be all over it. And I may wind up buying it anyway... :dunno

Ok, this came out better than I thought...I was only going to be sticking to the maquettes after I got the the T-Rex vs Tri dio, but after seeing how awesome this looks, I'm honestly thinking about pre-ordering...Ugh...Damn you Sideshow!!:lol

At least you already have the Rex vs. Tri dio. If I break down and get this I'm gonna have to go back and get that too. I wish Sideshow would discount it a bit more on the site, it'd probably push me into buying it.

Well, at least you're not like me. I bought the first dio at a small premium from ebay two weeks ago. Now it's on sale direct from Sideshow! Damn! :(

Back