Gollum Premium Format, Link to waitlist in 1st post...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Gollum PF Coming!

I'm gonna go ahead and say that this will be the same price as the rest. Just because it is a little smaller doesn't mean anything especially with an added torso for the ex.

Probably the only Lotr piece I will ever buy.Looks amazing so far.

Smeagol head sculpt/torso :

22-07-20101-29-23PM.png

Gollum head sculpt/torso :

22-07-20101-28-39PM.png

Looks like the excl. is a must-have. Perhaps the best LOTR excl. to date.....:clap
Both heads look awesome!! :clap

Awesome! I am afraid that the change of torso will be the Exclusive feature. Hope I am wrong though

BTW thanks for posting these Woodsy. I also posted them on SF.

My pleasure Bulls....:duff I'm really looking forward to seeing how this one turns out....can't see alot of interest in the reg. edition though.

Awesome! I am afraid that the change of torso will be the Exclusive feature. Hope I am wrong though.

Really? Where did you get that idea from?......:monkey3

It'll be interesting to see how this looks when it's put up for pre-order. I actually figured they would choose the maquette line for Smeagol/Gollum, since he wears nothing but a tiny loin cloth. The PF line does offer a larger scale, so that's a real +!

Btw - did any of you notice the 1/2 second shot of Samwise Gamgee at the beginning of the SDCC LOTR panel video? The line of drawings and sculpts-in-process moves from left to right then right after the drawing of Gimli, there's the Samster! I can't really tell if he's an MQ or PF but he's got several bags hanging off of him.

Really? Where did you get that idea from?......:monkey3

HO ho, well you never know with Sideshow...they may change their mind as they did with the Thanos diorama, which wasn't supposed to have a light-up feature, neither the Chernabog...they may include both torsos to raise sales, don't you think?

Btw - did any of you notice the 1/2 second shot of Samwise Gamgee at the beginning of the SDCC LOTR panel video? The line of drawings and sculpts-in-process moves from left to right then right after the drawing of Gimli, there's the Samster! I can't really tell if he's an MQ or PF but he's got several bags hanging off of him.

That's one thing I noticed, as well. Unfortunately, it's just the 1/6 scale Sam. He's posed almost exactly as he is in one of the gallery pics on their site. Don't really know why they threw him in their unless they may be looking at a Sam in the future and that was the only pic/piece they had. Still, kind of wierd.

HO ho, well you never know with Sideshow...they may change their mind as they did with the Thanos diorama, which wasn't supposed to have a light-up feature, neither the Chernabog...they may include both torsos to raise sales, don't you think?

You might want to try keeping up on current affairs.....reading the last 2-3 pages of this thread might also help......:lol

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/videos.php?videoID=735&key=event&val=San Diego Comic-Con 2010

You might also want to really read my post...more precisely the "They may change their mind" part, concerning the EX :wink1:

22-07-20101-29-23PM.png

22-07-20101-28-39PM.png

Having already completed both head sculpts, I'd say the chances of SS changing their minds is sitting at about 0%. That, plus the fact this is argueably the best excl. ever for a LOTR PF... I don't like your chances. :wink1:

This Gollum PF looks to be a winner, and I am going to have to break my rule on ordering exclusives and getting this directly through Sideshow. I can't wait to order this one!

Having already completed both head sculpts, I'd say the chances of SS changing their minds is sitting at about 0%. That, plus the fact this is argueably the best excl. ever for a LOTR PF... I don't like your chances. :wink1:

Ok you don't want both portraits to be part of the regular version, I'm done

22-07-20101-05-08PM.png

22-07-20101-03-58PM.png

Here are the first images of the Gollum PF. The excl. is a change out torso :drool

22-07-20101-29-23PM.png

22-07-20101-28-39PM.png

So the exclusive looks like the Smeagol head on the raised torso looking at the One Ring? Damn....I was hoping to save some money buy going regular elsewhere but I don't really like the Gollum pose. Well I guess at least I'll get Reward Points.

The only problem with that, is then no one will won't the Reg. Keep the ES low enough, and the EX becomes an instant grail, while the Reg likely goes on the GC list.

I know what they said in the video, but if you only get both torso's with the EX, then there will be a made rush come pre-order, from collectors and flippers. Then depending on the revealed ES, either all will keep or many will cancel. While at the same time, SS gut their Reg sales.

I think this is one time, were SS should either have something else as the EX (print or whatever) or have no EX/Reg, much like Frodo or Galadriel.

Looks like Blue Rogue was on the mark for this. It is as near a perfect representation as I could have wanted.

Gollum/Smeagol alone on an 'island' with the ring. :clap

The Frodo 'Shades' exclusive was just a template for this :lol

Back