Gollum Premium Format, Link to waitlist in 1st post...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Gollum PF Coming!

I don't care how they do it or why they do it but if they go for the double Gollum & Smeagol EX .... a lack of extra name plate will be a complete fail...:yess:

And a diaper for the "PF" identity needs to be improved.. I demand more than a piece of cloth........ at least some hair and....I don't know....something.....:gah:

A sock?, ... a Hobbit shoe? ... how about a fat sack of pipe weed??? ... :hi5:

abide-detail.jpg

Last edited:

YEEEEAAAHHHH! Long live LOTR PF'S baby!

Gandalf then ML then Gollum? I think SS is making a statement.

YEEEEAAAHHHH! Long live LOTR PF'S baby!

Gandalf then ML then Gollum? I think SS is making a statement.

It certainly appears as though SSC has their foot firmly on the throttle accelerating the PF line at this point, which there are definitely more hits than misses.

Sorry, but Gollum as a PF has absolutely no attraction for me. In my mind, with what I understand a PF to mean, there wouldn't be enough clothing on the character to even consider it a "mixed media." It is a statue plain and simple. I have enough Gollum/Smeagol pieces already and don't need this oversized version to hog much-needed space for other characters that I don't have yet who are deserving of PF treatment.

With the bump I thought perhaps it was being previewed tonight ...

:panic:

The Gollum PF will be one that I order the exlcusive version of for sure. The Weta Two Towers bookends didn't quite capture the differences in mood that the PF seems to have. While I love the sculpt by Jamie Beswarick, the huge difference from slinker to stinker seems too good to pass up. Here's hoping that we get a Gollum Pre-Order soon to keep the excitement going with Gandalf shipping in the near future.

The Gollum PF will be one that I order the exlcusive version of for sure. The Weta Two Towers bookends didn't quite capture the differences in mood that the PF seems to have. While I love the sculpt by Jamie Beswarick, the huge difference from slinker to stinker seems too good to pass up. Here's hoping that we get a Gollum Pre-Order soon to keep the excitement going with Gandalf shipping in the near future.

I don't think there will be an exclusive, same as Frodo and Galadriel, unless it's a change of fish. If that is the case it's going to need a high E.S. to allow for people buying 2 so that both personas can be displayed.
So this could be the first 'big' edition size and hopefully cheapest PF :wink1:

I guess it could be that there is no exlcusive, but I thought that the extra torso and head would be the exclusive, and the regular would only be the villainous persona of Gollum. Mr. Thrifty has a point though, that the lack of an swappable name plate would be a little disappointing. I wonder if the pose is designed to feature Gollum from one direction, and Smeagol from another, with a nameplate on either side of the base.

I just started a thread in the Ask Sideshow forums to throw some support behind the complete fellowship in the Premium Format line. Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions or recommendations! Thanks!

Sorry, but Gollum as a PF has absolutely no attraction for me. In my mind, with what I understand a PF to mean, there wouldn't be enough clothing on the character to even consider it a "mixed media." It is a statue plain and simple. I have enough Gollum/Smeagol pieces already and don't need this oversized version to hog much-needed space for other characters that I don't have yet who are deserving of PF treatment.
:lecture :lecture
My thoughts exactly. There is only 1 PF I would be interested in buying and I bet you peeps have no idea who that would be? :naughty :lol
x :wink1:

I hear ya about the cloth but to be honest I could care less about the lack of it. A fully polystone statue in scale and on the same style base to match the PF's would be just hunkey dorey for me as well even if it doesn't fit a textbook definition of "PF". It's about having Gollum with all my other kickass PF's. It will probably look better than any other statue out as well, I never felt he had been done justice yet.

Back